🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to verify my identity
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Mahmoud A Community Member

Apply now button is not working

I'm trying to apply for an assignment and when I click on the 'Apply now' button it turns gray and shows a processing spiral but nothing else. I've got connects, I cleared the cache and I've tried using more than one program. Please help! 

issues2.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for reaching out. This is happening because you are required to undergo identity verification and you haven't completed the process yet. Please visit your Identity Verification page to get started and submit a government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. Please visit this article for a list of acceptable documents and to learn more about the process. 

~ Luiggi

I sent documents a while ago but have not received a response yet.

Luiggi R Moderator

Mahmoud, the documents you submitted were not valid. Please visit the Identity Verification page and ensure you are submitting the front and back of a valid government-issued ID. 

~ Luiggi

I submit the passport, but it tells me it does not match upon verification, even though the passport is new.

please help me 

-Mahmoud

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mahmoud,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Joshua Community Member

I have tried changing my account's visibility back to public for days now, but nothing seems to be working. I have tried clicking on the link provided by the chatbot but still no change. Is there any other way to rectify this?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your message. I have reviewed your account and observed that it has been temporarily placed on hold until we receive verification from you. You can start the verification process from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Francesco M Community Member

I'm in this weird loop where I submit the ID photos and the system tells me that they are fine and that a manual verification started. Day after nothign happened and I have to submit photos again, rinse and repeat forever.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Francesco,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I checked your account and I see that your account is already verified. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Moheb R Community Member

Hello,

I was unable to make my identity verified, so the website keeps telling me that it will make a manual verify and that I have to check my email. No emails have reached me till now, and I want to apply to jobs which I can not do right now because of this issue, so please send me the email of manual verification ASAP, and thank you very much.

Moheb Rofail
A web developer
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Moheb,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I have reviewed your account and it is already verified. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

- Pradeep

Faruq W Community Member

Hello, I am unable to verify my identity on Upwork, it keeps saying can't find the four corners of your document which is my NIN in this case, I don't have any other means of identification 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Faruq,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Nataliia B Community Member

Hi! I had difficulties with verification, namely with a passport photo. I only have an internal Ukrainian passport. I've followed all the suggestions (lighting, dark background, etc), yet I get an error, "We can't find the 4 corners of your document".  After several tries, the Upwork app allows me to take the picture myself, however, then I get the error, "We couldn't recognize your document" How else can I get verified?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Nataliia,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Roxanne B Community Member

Hello! I have difficulties too in verifying my account. I've followed all the suggestions (lighting, dark background, etc), too and yet I always get an error, "We can't find the 4 corners of your document".

Atdhe S Community Member

I am facing the exact same thing in 10days now, trying to verify myself is very annoying. Can you help and create a ticket please?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Atdhe,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to submit your documents again. You can continue your verification process on this page

~ Nikola
Rigon P Community Member

I want to apply for a new job, but "Apply Now" button is grey. Why is showing this ?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Rigon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started here.

~ Nikola
Sarah G Community Member

Before you ask something like:
1) Are you using the right browser?

2) Do you have camera access?

3) Does the address on your ID match your profile?
4) Did you use the chatbot?

None of those are the issues.

I've used the same verification link at least 20 times on different days now. The process takes a photo of my ID, then my face... then it loads endlessly. I've tried waiting for a few hours, I've tried going back and forth repeating the steps, but the process does not complete. I've also attempted to chat with the "support bot", however as it's only a bot it only gives me the same options over and over. All I get is a little circle that repeatedly spins over and over.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sarah,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Rigon P Community Member

Can I resend my Gov.ID ?

Hayat M Community Member

I also have the same issue with ID verification. My citizenship ID is handwritten. That's why I Didn't get verified yet. What shall I do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths