🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Somuyiwa A Community Member

Hello,I hope I can get someone to really help me with this very fast.

I've camle here to complain about my ID getting rejected a while ago and I received a notification on somethings I should adjust which I've done justice to. But now again I've been trying to verify with my only available government issued ID now and it's still not accepted, please help with this!

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Somuyiwa,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your Upwork account. I checked and can confirm our team was unable to complete your account verification due to a stock or fake profile picture on your Upwork account. Please be aware that your profile picture must be real and clearly show your face. Please update your profile picture and our team will review your account again within 24-48 hours. 

- Pradeep 

Matias G Community Member

Hello, 

I live in Spain, I have my NIE and my passport is from Croatia.

For this reason, I can't validate my identity.

Do you have any manual validation?

Regards.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Matias,

I can see that your ID was accepted but you need to verify your location. Please visit your Identity Verification page and follow the steps given to proceed. 

~ Luiggi
Valeria V Community Member

I had a different account in the past, which I have since closed. Now, I've opened this new account and added my phone number. However, whenever I attempt to set up two-step phone verification or apply for projects, I encounter an error message stating: 

Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support.

Despite this, when I try to log into the account I previously closed, it informs me that "The account has been closed; contact support if you want to reopen it." I'm confused by this issue.

Can someone help? The automatic chat bot is useles

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Valeria,

Having multiple accounts isn't allowed, even if you closed the older one; this is a serious violation of the Terms of Service. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Nutthachai S Community Member

Mods, please help me. My verification process are denied for trillions time now. I want to earn some money for my family and now I can't apply for any job because it's stuck on this session like forever.

c106be45_0-1712858079836.png

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Nutthachai,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review and they confirmed that you need to update your profile photo and then re-upload your ID for further review. You may proceed with completing this required information by going to Settings> Identity verification. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Nutthachai S Community Member

Issue have been resolved, thank you for your trouble.

Hiba H Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I need help!

Upwork requested me to verify my account, and I completed the process by submitting a selfie, which has a green check mark. However, when I submitted my government-issued ID, it initially showed a green check mark. But after some time, it turned into a warning sign again. I am confused about what went wrong. Can anyone please help me to figure it out?

I'm attaching a screenshot here.

I have something more to share. My name is "Hiba" and I don't have a second name on my ID but as per Upwork requirement, I wrote my father's name "Hiba Yaqoob" in my Upwork account because I always use my guardian name as my second name. Does this cause any issues?

help me!.PNG

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Hiba,

I checked with our verification team, who confirmed that the document you submitted was rejected due to quality focus, so they will need to review it manually. They've also recommended that you update your profile photo. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Czarina C Community Member

Hello, I just got my first job offer but I can't accept the job because I the button is greyed out. 

Hoping for your assistance. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Za,

I checked your account, and you've been requested to complete the ID- verification process. It appears that a manual review is being done. As noted here, please check your email because the verification team may contact you for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ramon Antonio C Community Member

I had ID Verification on Apr 4th.

I have been waiting for about 1 week. But it tell me I should wait. 
How long do I need to wait more?

waiting.png

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ramon Antonio,

I checked your verification here and saw that you still have not completed it. Please click on 'Continue' to complete the process. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Yashodha E Community Member

I tried the identity verification using my passport today. My passport was issued in Sri Lanka, but I live in Australia now. So my Upwork profile country is also set to Australia. I don't have any identity documents issued in Australia - my only identity document is my passport. Upwork failed my identity verification because for them, my profile country and my ID country do not match. Is there a way to pass the identity verification for someone in my situation?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Yashodha,

I checked with our verification team and want to confirm that the ID-verified badge has been added to your profile. You may log into your account to check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Yashodha E Community Member

Thank you Joanne. I did some research and submitted a bank statement to verify my current location. The verification was passed with that. I appreciate you looking into this. 

Doan N Community Member

I already made identity verification for my account , but identity verified badge doesn't stick on my account yet . Pls help to check

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Doan,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that your previous ID submission was rejected. Please try uploading a good quality image clearly showing the text on the ID along with all 4 edges of the document. You can upload the documents from the Settings page. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Immanuel V Community Member

Does closing a previous account (due to specific reasons) and creating a new one make a user no longer eligible for identity verification even if he/she underwent the verification process? 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Immanuel,

Thank you for your message. Even if you have previously verified your ID on your closed account, it is still necessary to verify your new account. It is important to note that verification cannot be requested directly, as it is gradually being implemented for Upwork users. If the team determines that your account needs to be verified, you will receive a notification via email or within your account. This notification will provide you with further details on how to successfully complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Immanuel V Community Member

Thanks Pradeep. 

Michael V Community Member

Hi! I already submitted a copy of my passport and had myself taken a picture. Why my identity verification still appear on the top of my account page? What seems to be the issue?

Thanks and regards!

Michael Velasquez

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the relevant team and they have confirmed that there are no documents uploaded by you. One of our team members will reach out to you via email as soon as possible to assist you further.

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths