🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID Verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Rae O Community Member

I am having the same problem most of the others are having. It doesn't matter if I use QR or text message. I cannot get either desktop or mobile to log me in with Google. It pops up a "please wait" message then tkes me back to the log in page.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Rae,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Kevin U Community Member

Hello PradeepH, I have been submitting my NIN for weeks now but verification keeps failing. How can I get live video verification 

Anastasiia K Community Member

Hi, I have such a problem, I can't get verified on upwork. I choose the document with which I will go through the verification, then it should automatically take a picture of my passport, but it doesn't take a picture, because you can't even point the camera to focus. Then, after 3 unsuccessful attempts, I am given the opportunity to take a photo of the passport on my own, I take a photo, send it, and I am again redirected to a page where I need to choose the document with which I will undergo verification, and so on in a circle. What shall I do? Could you please help to slove this problem? I would be very grateful

Shimelis G Community Member

I got the same problem. Already summited my national ID and photo but my account not verified yet. Please help me

Shimelis G Community Member

1000031137.jpg

 what does it mean?

Nayeem A Community Member

Hey, I joined Upwork 2019. Unfortunately, I didn't verify my profile cause that time I didn't have any ID. After a long time, I back to upwork for work. But I can't find any identity verification option or any pop-up from Upwork. Could you please help me to get the solution to this?

Eric K Community Member

Hii sir, why im do not pass Identity verification until now?It's been many days now.

Did I submit the wrong information? I have submitted multiple times, but it keeps showing up as shown in the picture, and I haven’t received any email notifications.

3f2609d8_0-1715790326275.png

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Eric,

I contacted the team handling the ID review directly. They confirmed that your submission was denied and that you need to resubmit a valid ID instead of a debit card. We suggest you visit this help article to better understand how ID verification works, along with acceptable documents you can submit to complete the process.

Feel free to resubmit by going to Settings> Identity verification when you're ready. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Eric K Community Member

Hii sir,

I just resubmitted it again. I confirmed that I submitted my ID card, but it still seems to have changed back to the prompt message asking me to resubmit. There is no email feedback telling me what happened. Can you tell me now? What's going on? Why haven't you succeeded so many times?

3f2609d8_0-1715829182720.png

Yudith P Community Member

Hi

I just created my account last night and the system immediately ask me to verify my identity. I already did several times from last night and always having a problem with uploading my ID. I was succesfully uploaded my ID, but everytime I check, the system keep ask me to redo the process. And now can't even to do so because there is no button to click to continou the process. Please guide me on what i should do next! 🙏Identity Verification problem.png

Rizviadi K Community Member

why after several times try to verif ? because photo id still verif i cant try to submit verificatin again. is my acc got suspend? please help me, thank youIMG-20240517-WA0006.jpg

Rogene B Community Member

BAD FAKE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM CLIENT TO MY PROFILE  PETITION TO REMOVE OR HIDE HIS FEEDBACK TO MY PROFILE HOW? HELP UPWORK.

CLIENT **Edited for Community Guidelines** ACCUSING ME FOR MY POOR WORKS WHEN HE IS THE ONE WHO HAVE A POOR ATTITUTE. HE DIDN'T PAID ME WELL ONLY 40 USD A MONTH WITH EVERY DAY WORK WITH 10 PRODUCTS AND 7 SITE LINKS POSTED EVERY PRODUCTS. AND SO TIRING SO I ASK A VALID RATE MONEY. AND HE GOT MAD BECAUSE OF QUESTIONING THE CONTRACT THAT NEVER STATE THAT MONTLY IS 40 USD. I HAVE EVIDENCE THAT I HAVE A GOOD WORK AND A RESPONSIBLE FOR MY TASK AND JOB. NOW HE GIVE ME A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON MY PROFILE . I WANT TO REMOVE IT BUT UPWORK SAID ONLY TOP RATED PLUS ALLOWED IT. UNFAIR. AND I WANT ALSO **Edited for Community Guidelines** WILL GET BANNED HERE IN UPWORK SO HE DON'T ANY HAVE A CHANCE TO SCAM OTHERS FREELANCERS HE IS MANIAC AND ALSO A OLD LIER. PLEASE HELP ME.  THIS CLIENT ALSO HAVE BAD MANY FEEDBACKS TO MANY FREELANCERS.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Rogene,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing experience, and we certainly understand why you're upset. However, several parts of your forum post must be removed because they violated Community Guidelines.

Please be aware that including names of persons or companies (or other identifying information) in an accusation of misconduct, incompetence, or other wrongdoing is not appropriate. You can always report this information directly to Upwork if you suspect an issue, but posting it in the Community is not appropriate.

Please also note that multiple guidelines violations may result in banning from posting in the Community.

I shared your contract concerns with our support team and raised a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our team members will contact you on this page to coordinate and assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Nathaniel E Community Member

Hello pradeep

I'm having issues with my upwork verification, I used a different government issued ID card for my verification and it prompted a manual review, upwork said i was going to get an email but i haven't gotten any email from upwork.

Now people can't view my profile anymore
It's saying "This profile is no longer available"

Please i need your help on how to go about it thanks.

Frank B Community Member

Hi team,

I have gone through the identity verification process several times. Sometimes with a driver's license and sometimes with a German ID card. The 1st of 3 times with the ID card, I was also asked to take a selfie of myself. Each time I got the success message for submitting the data. Each time I went back to my profile, I got the message that I had to verify my identity. I am from Germany. There is a photo and my date of birth on the document. My address is also on the back of my ID card. The images of the documents or the selfie are neither rotated nor cropped or zoomed (this is not possible with your system as the images are created automatically). What else can I do? Why is the identification process only necessary after I have purchased credits to apply for jobs?

Thanks for your help!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Frank,

I'm sorry you are having trouble completing the verification process. I checked your submission and see it's being rejected because your Upwork profile picture doesn't meet Upwork requirements. Please make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following criteria are met:

• You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally-altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB

Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo. Once you've updated it, you can try uploading your ID again from the Identity Verification settings page, ensuring it's unexpired and valid. You can also read more about the acceptable documents you can upload from this page

~ Luiggi
Shuai W Community Member

Hi PradeepH.
I don’t have a physical ID, only a photo of my ID, which is allowed by law in our country. So I couldn't pass the photo review. I also can't contact the human team and I need your help.
I have newly registered on your platform and have just recharged dozens of dollars. I am eager to start working. However, my account cannot be used normally. I am really sad.
Can you help me? Thank you very much!

1716639151070.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Shuai,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Malik M Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I want to discuss the issue here, My Friend laptop has been stolen in last week and on Monday when he tired to login the Upwork account he was not able to do even he is not able to login his email account.
His Upwork email is: tanveeradnan2065@gmail.com
His Upwork user id: tanveer_adnan
He has sent the email to upwork support regarding his issue but still he didn't get back any answer from the Upwork.

Please help him in this regard, He is working on his profile since 2018 and he is completed almsot 432 jobs.

Thank you!

Ukpong J Community Member

This information is great 👍 

Mariam K Community Member

facing same issue

Ezenwa O Community Member

I'm new to upwork, can't apply for any job, please what do I do?, what's actually the problem?

Nahid Hasan N Community Member

Do you have enough connects for sending proposal?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ezenwa,

It appears that you needed to complete verification, which you already did. After checking with the relevant team, you should now be able to submit proposals. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths