🐈
» Forums » Support » Identify Verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Eduard, 

Thank you for following up. Yes, it looks like you need to click on the Continue button and submit your documents again. 

~ Nikola
Eduard M Community Member

Thanks, Nikola.

I have just submitted the information again. And the "continue" button disappeared.

But it is still under review.

Anyway, appreciate your help, Nikola.

Regards.

Muhammad W Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

My account is on temporary hold can you please check why this is happened. I have done id verification process. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ali,

We checked your account, but can no longer see any limitation on the account. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ebube E Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I got a notification to verify my account after I landed my first contract on Upwork. I have provided the necessary requirements; Voter ID and a selfie, but the notification keeps showing up in my profile. 

I have done repeated this process twice, both shows successful submission but nothing changes still because I am still unable to apply for contrast. 

I would really appreciate if request is considered, please.

Thank you,

Ebube

@bo

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ebube,

I checked and it looks like the team is reviewing the documents you submitted. Please allow more time for the team to review your case. If they need any additional information they will reach out to you. You should receive an update within 48 hours.  

~ Nikola
Vitalii K Community Member

Hello, How are you?
I have created my Upwork account before about 10 days, but I can't verify my identification.

How to verify id information and start to work?
Please help me.

Thank you.

Natasha P Community Member

Hi Vitalii, normally you will get to the verification stage once you land your first contract, no worries. Keep applying. 

Learns Dame Rose D Community Member

Hi, everyone. I am new in Upwork and I really need help. I could not apply to jobs due to Identity Verification problems. I had tried doing the verification again and again and it caused more problems. Is there a way to just reset this and just start all over again? I find it really sad that just because I look a bit different in my IDs than IRL now, I am locked away from having job opportunities. Please help me fix this, anyone here or from the support team. I am willing to repeat the whole verification process if it means that all of these will be fixed. 

Muhammad Umar H Community Member

Hello, My name is Muhammad umar.  I have tried many times But I did not pass the verification process. I dont know why upworks reject my ID card and face verification process. could anyone help me in verify my account? I have my real ID card.

Sidra J Community Member

Hi M Umair,

There are several potential reasons why the system might be having trouble capturing the back of your ID. Here are some common issues and their solutions:

1. Lighting Conditions: Poor lighting can make it difficult for the system to capture a clear image. Ensure you are in a well-lit area without too much glare or shadows on your ID.

Solution: Move to a well-lit area and try again, ensuring there are no reflections on the ID.

2. Camera Focus: If the camera is not focusing properly, the image might be blurry, causing the system to fail the capture.

Solution: Hold your ID steady and make sure the camera is focused before taking the picture. You might need to move the ID slightly closer or further away to achieve a clear focus.

3. Background: A busy or dark background can interfere with the system's ability to distinguish the ID.

Solution: Place your ID on a plain, contrasting background. For example, a light-colored ID should be placed on a dark surface and vice versa.

4. Condition of the ID: If the back of your ID is scratched, dirty, or otherwise damaged, the system may have trouble reading it.

Solution: Clean your ID gently and make sure it is free from any obstructions or damage that could interfere with the image capture.

Hope it will be helpful information.

Serhat M Community Member

Hello. I have a problem with my ID verification. My photos on ID is kinda old and that time i didn't grow beard so now i have beard and kind of different looks i can't get verification. Can pleas someone help?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Haled,

I looked closely at your account, particularly the progress on your ID verification. You will need to change your profile photo for the team to proceed. Please be aware that, as a freelancer, your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are. It obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are goes against our Terms of Service).

Visit this help article for more details on choosing a good profile picture. If you need further assistance, we'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Aminat A Community Member

Hi, I would like to report an issue concerning verifying my account. I have had it for almost two years and haven't been verified.
This has greatly hindered the acceptance of my proposals by various clients. I have updated my profile to the best of my ability until it is 100% complete.
I would like this issue to be corrected so that I can start earning on Upwork. Thank you.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Aminat, 

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that it doesn't need further verification yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested but is slowly being rolled out to Upwork users.

Suppose the team finds it necessary to verify your account. In that case, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Ruveyda Havva S Community Member

Hello. I'm trying to authenticate, but it didn't work even though I followed the steps. Can we help? Thanks

Mudassir H Community Member

this same issue happend with me dont worry about that just try to appear on camera again and submit your docs again then check it again if its approved then its good otherwise try again at some point your profile will get verified

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ruveyda Havva,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Tijani M Community Member

I've been trying to verify my identity using the government-issued NIN slip and voter's card. But the process has not been successful. My international passport has expired, and these are the only two documents (NIN slip and voter's card) I've currently. Please, how do I address this problem? 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Tijani, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already have a ticket with our team. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Muhammad Haris M Community Member

Hi Community members,

I got my first project on upwork and tehn upwork requetsed to upload your identity documenst for verifictaion but i tried multiple times all steps properly done but in end when submitting it keeps lag and error appeared. i tried multiple internet connection but same issue.

I also try to chtat bot i keeps saying taht your acount is suspended when i file appeal against suspension, the person replied that you should upload identity verification docuements.

please resolve.

thanks

Muhammad Ali R Community Member

It's almost 3 weeks now since I submitted my verification documents and I have not gotten any response.

One day I noticed the warning for verification was gone. I assumed My verification was completed (I did not receive any notification/email about approval or rejection).

When I tried to buy some credits using my debit card I faced an error stating the purchase failed (I contacted my bank and everything was ok from their end, I tried doing another online transaction using the same card to buy something and it worked).

Even after multiple tries, I am still facing the same error.

Fabio C Community Member

Hi there!

Im trying to activate my account and get it all set up properly however...

When I take the photo of my drivers lisence in focus, the ID on screen assist says ''too far away''. When I go closer enough that the ID assist is happy, it says ''steady image'' because the camera is too blurred.

It has left me quite unable to complete the varification process and Im a bit stuck!

Help please 😄

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry you are having trouble completing the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Seven A Community Member

Hi Luiggi.

We have been waiting for almost 12 hours for a email verification. We have checked spam and provided a new email. Nothing absolutely nothing except one response....please help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths