🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Ryan E Community Member

I am having the same issue.  Verified with state driver's license & live photo twice, yet I am not verified.  Would love to start bidding for jobs.  Can a moderator please help?!  Much thanks to you!

Geo Prithvipal C Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I recently received a contract from a client, and Upwork is asking me to verify my identity to continue securing jobs. I've followed all the procedures multiple times as outlined by Upwork, but my profile still hasn't been verified. Has anyone else faced this issue? If so, could you please share the steps you took to successfully verify your profile?

Thank you!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Geo Prithvipal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Eden A Community Member

It has been more than 3 days that I have submitted information for identity verification, but I am not recieving any email neither rejection nor verification.

Victor Tope A Community Member

Hello, i have the same issue of the verification please help me check my own account also please 

Arifi M Community Member

The application couldn't recognise my ID when I want to complet my registration. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Arifi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Julian R Community Member

hi i have some problems a few days ago with my profile verification.

3 days ago i required my profile verification but the "appear in camera" and "submit for identity review" requirements. my question is when they gonna approbe my profile 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Julian,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

- Pradeep

Keylor C Community Member

Hi, Upwork support.
I tried ID verification several times.
But your system can't verify my ID.
I submitted the correct image and don't know what the reason is.
Please help me.

Keylor C Community Member

Let me know how to solove this problem.

Arlene E Community Member

Hi. I opened my account 2021. Till now, I haven't received an email regarding identity verification. I don't have that option in my settings. Please help

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Arlene,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Edgars G Community Member

Hi,

I have a question about "Location and ID mismatches.".

I provided my European country ID, but since I live in the UK, the system requested proof of address.

I submitted a UK bank statement displaying my full UK address and name. (tried with two UK banks)

However, it stated that it couldn't verify the information and mentioned asking additional questions, which it never did.

What steps can I take to verify my address, and what should be my next course of action?

Edgars G Community Member

Tried multiple times. Still didn't work out.

Is there any way we can escalate this to a ticket?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Edgars,

I'm sorry you were still having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Snezhana B Community Member

Hello! I'm a new user at upwork. I bought 100 connections today to respond to the offer, but I couldn’t do it due to verification. My photo and ID document were accepted, but an error occurred at the stage of matching the profile region and document region. Upwork informed me that I have 7 days to confirm that I live in the region indicated in my profile, but this time will not be enough for me. I just recently moved and I won’t have time to complete the necessary documents in 7 days. Can I provide them later than 7 days? Please give an answer!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Snezhana,

I checked with our verification team, and they have confirmed that you will need to update your location. The information you need to add there should be the country in which you normally pay taxes. Please check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Snezhana B Community Member

Hello, I can't change my location to the region where I pay taxes, because I already have the region where I live and pay taxes indicated. I sent a document - a receipt from airbnb, confirming that I live here now. It was not accepted. Other documents are being made and they will be ready later (later than 7 days). What should I do?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Snezhana,

Thanks for following up here. I'm sorry to hear that it is still not working. We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further

~ Joanne
Upwork
Gonzalo B Community Member

Hello.

My verification is remaining for 5+ days.  I have no idea with my id verification.

Owolabi T Community Member

Have you tried to verifiy it beforeand waiting for feedback or you're about to get started but don't know how?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Gonzalo,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Gonzalo,

Your ID verification concerns have been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. We received an update, and they've confirmed that your ID has been successfully verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate this. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Ajay A Community Member

Hi Team,

I'm not able to apply to jobs anymore. It's asking to verfiy my identity couple of days. Please let me know what else I can do at my end.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths