🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030

How much time should it take to Upwork team to verify my account. How much time means:- Days or months.

2d7f089d
Community Member

Hii,

I want to know the eligibility criteria of ID Verification and Visual verification. Because I can't find any Verification from upwork.

The verification is not available at my account.

Please help me to find out my situation.

Thank you!

Hi Jatin,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

How much time should it take to Upwork team to verify my account. How much time means:- Days or months.

Hi Jatin,

As Pradeep mentioned in his response, you will be notified by the team if there's a need for you to verify your ID. It includes instructions on how to complete the process. You may want to check this help article to be more acquainted with how the process works.

A gentle reminder, please also note that spamming, posting repetitive comments, including posting the same post more than once or multiple variations of the same topic is not allowed. We would appreciate it if the Guidelines were followed when posting in the Community. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

When will they inform me to ID verification.

msaadyawar
Community Member

My Id varification is not going through and i have tried 2-3 time 
Can any one please help me out 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
151caf03
Community Member

I cannot see profile verification in my profile settings.
Can sommeone guide me on how I can verify my profile
Thanks

You cannot. Work as-is. You will be asked by Upwork for verification when needed.

So you can make your verification, see that you have all the complete data in your freelance profile, but you must also have all the complete data in each section of your customer profile.

1) Verify the email address

2) Verify the address and telephone number

3) Verify the authentication of security factor.

273807b6
Community Member

Hello,

I'm Sandali. How many days does it take to verify my ID? It has been almost 4 days. But I didn't get any response.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandali,

Please refer to this support ticket for advice from our team on completing your verification.

~Andrea
Upwork
12d4c50f
Community Member

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zobayda,

Please go ahead and submit your own documents for verification. If any clarification is needed on the name our team will reach out to you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
12d4c50f
Community Member

Thanks

794a095f
Community Member

I had verified my account 3 days ago, Now the business days passed, But I have no any email and notification.

Let me know if it has any issue.

It is normal. Support is slow and always broke own deadlines. You will receive approval later.

Keep eye for your tickets here https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Hi Mosab,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and it looks like some action still needs to be taken on your account to complete the review. One of the members has reached out to you via email with more information about the status of your account and further instructions on how to complete the process. Feel free to coordinate with the team and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
zahran_designer
Community Member

Hi,

I am also having ID verification issue. Created a ticket but waiting for the Support team to get back to me.
The ticket number is #40342331.

On avg. how long does it take the support team to reply? Is there any way to fast forward this waiting period?

Thank you.

Hi Zahran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Got the response but it wasn't satisfactory. They asked to reupload the ID. Which I already did 3,4 times even before their reply. I still uploaded again as requested.

Everytime I upload ID, for some time I get message that we are reviewing it and need 1 to 3 business days but after few minutes, that text/message disappears and I get continue button again to upload the ID again.

Hi Zahran,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to answer your inquiries. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns. 

~ AJ
Upwork
5d2212d4
Community Member

I was asked to verify my ID on Monday which i did. It was stated 1-3 days but till now my ID has not been verified. Please what is the solution as i have to send a direct contact to a client but can't due to restrictions. 

clnyus18
Community Member

It's been 3 days but I still haven't heard back from the Support team so I'm posting the question here and see if anyone has had the same issue before. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. 

So I got my Identity Verified badge in the past 2 weeks by verifying my ID and location, but then when I went to apply for a job and click on "Apply Now", it would pop up a window asking me to upload my ID to verify my identity first. Has anyone had this same issue before? How did you fix it? Thanks.

Hi Caroline,

I'm sorry that you haven't heard back from the team. I went ahead and escalated your concern to the relevant team and I can confirm that you should no longer experience this error. Can you please check and let me know if you require further assistance?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cd7716b5
Community Member

Hi everyone, Thanks for reading my post.

I'm new on Upwork and received a request from Upwork to verify Identity with my ID card.

I uploaded my ID card several times but it still shows to wait for 1~3 business days.

Please help me. I was waiting for a week. I really hope to work on Upwork.
Thanks.

Hi Brayan,

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that your verification has been completed successfully. Don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vitorfigm
Community Member

I'm doing the ID verification and I receiving this error:
We had some trouble verifying your ID

I'm from Brazil, so I suppose upwork is expecting Id cards with patterns matching the ones from other countries. 

My driver's license worked. Maybe the ID didn't because I printed it using the scanner from my printer, so it could be that upwork detected it as an edited image. 

3475bf41
Community Member

I have 2 forms of ID, My state benefits card, and an outdated license.  Both have my DOB and a photo.  THESE ARE the ONLY forms of ID I can offer to verify who I am so that I get paid for the work I've done.

When I "click" the "Get Paid" button, my bank accounts are there but beneath in red it says "inactive".  I guessing that this issue is connected to the ID problem.

Would staff please address this situation with me, I'd really like to pay some bills.

Thanks!

~Saphin

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already submitted the documents for verification. Please allowed 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. They will reach out to you if they need additional information. To activate your payment method, please complete the W9 form on the Tax information page.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hi!

It has been 3 days since i submitted my documents for verification but it is still not verified until today.  Regards!

Hi Jethro,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. After following up with the team, I can confirm that your verification is now completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1df6d3a7
Community Member

Hello,

I created an account and accepted a job, which I almost completed. The problem is if I don't verify my ID within a week, my account will be on hold or something. I have submitted for verification, however, when I checked today, it is like I haven't submitted for verification. I made sure it was submitted because I was checking daily. I am not sure if it was rejected or not because I haven't received any notification about it. What to do?

Currently, I submitted for the verification again.

Thanks!

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for reaching out. I followed up with the relevant team and can confirm that your verification is now completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
52350e00
Community Member

Look at the screenshot attached:
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 10.25.09.png
It has been a month since Upwork support completely ignored my request.

I created a new ticket and got a reply stating that I already had an open ticket, and they would pass on the information there, but since then there has been silence. I created a new ticket, but it seems to be a vicious circle.

I simply asked for assistance with documents for verification of my location.

Is it too difficult to handle and take more than one month?

Is it fair to charge fees for contracts, hirings, connects, and then be treated like this?

Maybe the community can help. What can I do in such cases, and where can I share my complaints?

P.S.: Dear Community Managers! "I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. " -- this won't help. 

Im currently also reverifying my location because i moved.
What the location verification promt says is if your identity documents do not match your location details - thats when you need to do the location verf. 
Anyway. I have notified a Mod for you.
Bonne chance

Hi Grygorii,

I understand that this has been a frustrating experience for you and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and I assure you that we are doing our best to ensure that all requests are handled in a timely and satisfactory manner.

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I see that one of our team members has already reached you via ticket to assist you further.  You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
ni_marko
Community Member

Hello,

I have an issue with Identity Verification. Namely, I sent my data more than 3 working days ago and still haven’t received any feedback. Also, I got a message (pop up message when I sign in) that my account must be verified by 10th May, or I would not be able to continue my work. I got a new job last week, and do not want to lose it.

Could you help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance,

MN

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths