🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
d9605dcb
Community Member

d9605dcb_0-1692394905408.png

d9605dcb_1-1692394938713.png

As you can see my profile name is updated but not there when I try to verify my identity. On the previous email from support they asked me to provide id which matched name Alia Khan to which I responded my name is updated on profile to Alia Asghar but not there for verification. Please advise Pradeep. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, my account won't get blocked right? as I am still in contact with support team?

40d6c78f
Community Member

Hi! I'm looking forward to receive funds from my first contract. The problem is, my account is currently unverified and I need help with it. I already submitted my selfie and ID. I currently am suffering from vertigo and just have Philhealth ID and Barangay ID on hand. I'll hope you'll consider my request.

Hi John,

I can see that you were recently notified of your current account status via a support ticket. You can access your ticket here; kindly refer to it for more information and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fe8bdfb6
Community Member

Almost 4days since i verify my account

What's the problem of my account?

Please help

Hi Antonio,

The team recently notified you of the failed attempt at verifying the ID you supplied in this support ticket, and I can see that you resubmitted your ID as requested. Kindly allow more time for the review to be complete; the team will contact you directly if more information is needed

~ Luiggi
Upwork
de223207
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but I cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform?

By the way, I also have certified, testimonials, and a good portfolio, please I need your help to fix my problem. Thanks

Hi Achmad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. That said, I'd like to clarify that you can access the platform's general features, like updating your profile, sending proposals, etc.

If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fe8bdfb6
Community Member

Almost 4 days my verification not done

My verification is field?

Hi Antonio,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your documents. I can see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket regarding the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
d0f5b8a2
Community Member

Hello, 

I am having trouble verifying my identity. There's a notification on my account saying that if I do not verify my Id till 24 of August they will put a hold on my account. I have done all the process on Thursday when the notification showed up, but no progress whatsoever. And the time frame for verification was really tiny, when there is a 1-3 business day of evaluation for the photo. 
Now I am stuck waiting, while I got my first client and do not know whether my work will go to waste and whether I will be able to withdraw my earnings whatsoever.

Your chat keeps sending me automated answers and I cannot find a solution. 

It is really frustrating, because I decided to freelance full time through Upwork and know, while I have done everything I do not know if I will be able to work here. 

Please help, 

Dimitra 

Support ultra slow now, it will take more time.

Take eye at yor tickets here, maybe some updates https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Hi Dimitra,

Thank you for reaching out. It seems like our support team has already reached out to you regarding this issue. Please check your email and respond to it in order to connect with the team handling your concerns. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
fe8bdfb6
Community Member

Hi im Antonio

Im new here why my account take to long to verify its already 4 days ?

My verification is field?

How long it take to verify my account?

its already 5 days

What's wrong with my account?

Please response 

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for reaching out. It seems like our support team has already reached out to you regarding this issue. Please check your email and respond to it in order to connect with the team handling your concerns. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi maam 👋 why my earnings still pending it's already 6 days ?

Hi Antonio,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
a5bc7a05
Community Member

Hello,

I'm Maëlle and I'm a French freelance translator. I'm new to Upwork so I'm not totally familiar with its rules.

I have a problem about my ID verification.

Indeed, I already have submitted my identity card once but it has been rejected. 
I first thought it was due to a lack of visibility from the document I uploaded. I therefore submitted my ID card a second time (in colour this time).

But I finally think this is due to the address on my ID card that is different from my current address that I entered in my Upwork profile. 
My ID card is still valid but only shows my former address. And I'm worried because there are three days left before Upwork close my account. And I just  got a job.

Can someone please help me with this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Maëlle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like our team has already reached out to you about the reason why the ID could not be approved and the instructions on how you can resolve this. Please check your email and respond to it to reach out to our support team. You can also access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bad024bb
Community Member

Hello. I was sent an 'Action required: verify your identity' e-mail. I clicked on the links, followed instructions exactly, and gave all the required permissions, but the 'visual verification' page on my smartphone never loaded, after several tries. It only shows a revolving circle. I tried all the options, including SMS messages and QR codes, as those are the options, but nothing worked. I'm concerned this may cause issues with my account, payments, etc.

Hi Enrique,

I'm sorry you're having trouble completing the verification process from your smartphone. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Upwork app? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c0c7829c
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team
I am Dr. Sher Zaman Safi from Malaysia. I have an account at Upwork which need verification.  I actually applied for ID verification but now it is showing a message that "We are unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again latter". Now I have a question. I am basically a Pakistani, but live in Malaysia. Because of your instruction that my location must match my ID, that is why I uploaded my Malaysian Driving License. Please suggest me should I upload my passport (Pakistani) or my license (Malaysian). Let me repeat please, I am a Pakistani nationality holder, but I stay and work in Malaysia. Please advise, what was the issue with my previous attempt, and what should I do in my next attempt. Should I apply with Pakistani Passort, or Malaysian License. Thanks 

Hello Dr Sher,

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to verify your account. I can see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket regarding the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a702d58c
Community Member

Hello! Thank you for the help

I have another issue, as I upload my picture now. And already submitted my verification document like my ID card. When I get identity verification badge?

Thank you in advance 

Am not getting the icon of identity verification. Please help me.

Hi Md Mizanur,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6f39618f
Community Member

Thanks for reply. I opend this account 4-5 months back. But am trying  to use it now. Till now not verified. Thats why am worried. Shall I do all acctivites in upwork as frelancer.

Hi Faisal,

Your document submission is still in review; you can rest assured that the team will get in touch with you if more information is needed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a702d58c
Community Member

Now i have seen a pop up to verify my identification. Shall i have to verify again? When i go to settings and check identity verification there is a notification that my identity is reviewing. Kindly review it. I am also attached the photo of it. 

Thank you for your time

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I've contacted the team handling the review and submitted a follow-up. One of the members will be assisting you via email with more information and further instructions on completing the assessment. Don't hesitate to coordinate if you have questions or clarifications; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

**Edited to Update Information**

I received a confirmation from the team that your ID is now verified. You should now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on your account. Let us know if you need further assitance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1435b5ed
Community Member

I sent my documents for verification but they were not accepted, now I sent the ID CARD but the website only accepted the front, I will send the photo through here, I need help please

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Guilherme,

I see that the team has reached out to you via email with more information and further intructions on how to successfully verify your ID. A suppor ticket  was set up as well here so that you can keep track of the process. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to the email and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d8c2deda
Community Member

Hello to the Upwork team.

I had submitted someone else's Payoneer account on Upwork, which led to a change in identity and the suspension of the account. Then, I used the identity of another person with a Payoneer account, and my Upwork account was restored. Now, I want to change the account's identity again and also the profile photo is longer supported.
Best Regard
Sikandar khan
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I was asked to provide my identity document 20 days ago. I submitted the document and it showed that my identity was successfully verified. 
Now the question is, how can I get the verification badge on my profile? 

Hello there, I was asked to provide my identity document 20 days ago. I submitted the document and it showed that my identity was successfully verified. But I could not get any verification badge on my profile.

How can I get the verification badge on my profile?

Hi Muhammad,

It doesn't look like you need to do additional verification yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
0f68263f
Community Member

Verification Badge Not Appearing On My Profile

Hi, I just got the request for verification from Upwork. And I've successfully verified my ID but then the "Verification Badge" is not appearing on my Profile?

Does anyone experience this? Help Please...

Hi Leo Kyle,

It doesn't look like you were required to do the ID verification yet, only the initial verification to get your account approved. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
cf45c48e
Community Member

Kindly change my name from ahmed khan to ahmed khalid on ID verification form so i can verify my identity. i have changed my name from ahmed khan to ahmed khalid on profile but for ID verification it is showing ahmed khan . It may be due some technical delay .Kindly look into this matter.Thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and it looks like our team has already reached out to you regarding your account verification. 

We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways and our team will give you instructions thereafter.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths