🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030

how can i provide ID until name on id verification form is changed to ahmed khalid it is showing ahmed khan where as my name on profile is ahmed khalid.Verification form should also show ahmed khalid.kindly Resend  ID verification request on which name should be ahmed khalid. Thanks

Hi Ahmed,

You can still upload the ID documents with the name mismatch and our team will reach out to you if they need you to take any additional steps for verifying your account or resubmit document using a new link. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
28a73f88
Community Member

Hi, I already change my name (Bing Wang) on the "Contact info" page. But, When I'm on "Identity (ID) Verification" page, my full name is "Jackie Wang". I don't konw How to change my full name. Where can I change my full name? thanks. 

Hi Bing,

I am sorry to hear about the name mismatch on the ID verification page. I can see that you're already communicating with our team regarding your concern via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, My Fullname and name are different, how can I fix it? I can't do ID verification right now. Who can help me?

18eca644
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I have a quick question regarding the account verification process on Upwork. Can we use a driver's license as a valid form of identification to create and verify new Upwork account if previous was suspended ?

Your insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards, 

Hassan Yawar

Hi Hassan,

Yes, a valid driver's license is an acceptable document to verify your account. You can refer to this help page for the list of acceptable government documents to verify your Upwork account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Really Can we use a driver's license as a valid form of identification to create and verify new Upwork account if previous was suspended ?

12a9245e
Community Member

Hi! I have already completed my Upwork profile it marks 100% complete. However, I have not received any email for identity verification yet. How long does it take for me to be invited by Upwork via email to verify my identity? Is there any way to expedite this process? Can you please help me? Thank you!

b7234648
Community Member

I already completed my profile. But I haven't receive any email for identity verification. Also, there is no identity verification in my settings. When can I expect to receive an email from Upwork for verification? Please help me. Thank you! 

You will receive it after get first money. Work as-is a while.

Hello sir. Is it okay to apply on upwork if you are not yet verified?

Hi Sharlyn Mae,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b7234648
Community Member

Hello maam. Is that mean that I can't apply on upwork because I am not yet verified?

mohamedehabhamad
Community Member

Hello,

I provided my national id, and it is egyptian id, it contains my full name, date of birth and my photo all in arabic.
I have been waiting so long to get my id verified and I do not know what is really the problem.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and one of our team members will review your account as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork
b7234648
Community Member

Hello. Is it possible for me to apply on Upwork even if my account isn't verified yet? I'm concerned whether clients would consider applicants who haven't completed the verification process, especially since it might take weeks before I receive the email for identity verification. I already optimized my profile. Hoping for your response. Thank you!

Hi Sharlyn,

Thank you for your message. Your account is currently in good standing and does not require any verification at this time. Our team will notify you if we need any verification from you in the future. You are welcome to apply for any jobs that match your skills and qualifications, and the client will consider your application based on your profile.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4f7f4d5b
Community Member

Please can someone help me I'm not that new to the platform but my profile was supposed to be reviewed by the upwork team I need to know how long it will take to be ready and if it applies to be able to win even if it's a project since I know It is becoming very difficult for me to win one despite paying a membership. Unfortunately I have not had any good results. And now it seems that the platform has become more complicated because I see that now it asks you for more connections for a proposal and well, I don't know if I still can't handle it or it really has become complicated and even more if I don't handle it 100% english😥😔

Hi Dalida,

I am sorry to learn about your experience. I checked your account and I see that you are referring to the location verification initiated on your account. Please allow 1 business day for the team to review and update your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
6d1b0d35
Community Member

Hello sir please My account account verification please

Hi Rokibul,

Thank you for your message. Could you please elaborate on your query further? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I have uploaded my government card selfies for my account verification but my account is not verified I am really worried about this please verify my account. 

f182183e
Community Member

Hello, I provided all the necessary information for my Upwork account verification and I was told to wait for 3 working days. Today is the 4th day and my account hasn't been verified.

Kindly help me out.Upwork profile.PNG

Hello, I provided all the necessary information for my Upwork account verification and I was told to wait for 3 working days. Today is the 4th day and my account hasn't been verified.

Kindly help me out.

Hi Ifeoluwa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
katrinmanukyan
Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Can someone help me to understand how can I check if my profile is verified or not?

Hi Katrin, if you have the blue check icon beside your name on your profile, then your profile is already verified. 

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

You can find more information about this here.

~ Ruth

So there is no problem whith my account ? and when I can become eligible? is there any steps that I need to perform? 

Hi Katrin,

Yes, I can confirm that there is no problem with your account and no further action is needed at this time. We will notify you when you need to verify your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
3f747551
Community Member

Hi, I was wondering if someone could potentially have my profile checked for the identity verificiation being finalised? I submitted all documents and info 48 hours ago.
I would really appreciate the tick being shown asap, for my current proposals with companies. Thanks in advance mods.

Hi Ben,

It doesn't look like you were required to do the ID verification yet, only the initial verification to get your account approved. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
simanics
Community Member

Hello, I need help with my identity verification.

At the moment it shows that ID document and location is succesfully verified, but visual verification which takes up to 1 bussiness day is still not confirmed. Been waiting for 3 days, but 0 feedback.

Action is required: Verify your identity by 08/29/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.
Can you help me please with this?
P.S. I attached screenshot.

Hi Srdjan,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

~ AJ
Upwork
fee8734c
Community Member

Hi upwork! I submitted my ID and my veirification deadline will be on 3 days. I only have my PhilHealthID. Will this be declined? I also have my Voters Certificate with my name on it since we haven't been producing Voter's IDs for years. 

What happens if was not able to verify it ?

Hi Ruthlyn,

I can see that your verification is still in progress, the team will notify you if there's any problem with your submission and what steps you need to take to resolve it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fee8734c
Community Member

can u extend my ID verification if possible? there has been a long holiday in PH and made ma unable to get valid IDs

javiermoraux
Community Member

I would like to have information about this. Thank you in advance

Hi Javier,

Can you share more details about what additional information you're inquiring about?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b3ec2f50
Community Member

Plz help me ...my spouse entered his name and account in business plan...and it was my profile I have to add connects and upgrade as I have no visa card rite now...they inactive my account....and on requests enable me to verify but not not letting me submitting NIC card pictures...please help me

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths