🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
Tushar S Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Sulab,

Could you please try again and select the option to upload a passport but upload the available document? If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Sulab N Community Member

Thank you for your feedback.

I tried again multiple times but could not get the job done.It still says "It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID. Please try again with one of the following supported types. "

Please address this issue

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sulab,

You can refer to the list of acceptable documents and try uploading the supported documents again. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Karthik S Community Member

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. All the fields are greyed out while trying to apply for the job.

How to resolve it?

Thanks!

Karthik

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Karthik,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Please know that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied. Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID. You can also refer to the email sent by our review team for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. 
Please check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
DAUD A Community Member

during apply for a job the ID verification screen appeared, I fill the first screen with name, dob and etc.  On the 2nd page it required to add the image of ID (that is my cnic) but it doesn't upload the the image or support it.

please guid

Hi Daud,

I can confirm that your ID has been uploaded and is now being reviewed by the team. Please allow them time, and you will surely get an update on the status of your ID Verification once your document is thoroughly checked.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Alexandra D Community Member

HI, I have the same issue, Please verify my identity before Nov 29. I submitted my identity card and also did visual verification, and my profile pic is also clear, now please Upwork approve my identity. please review my profile and respond and if you need any verification I am also available . I am unable to submit a ticket. thanks, But please verify my identity before Nov 29 Upwork gave me a deadline of Nov 29.

Hi Alexandra,

I've contacted the ID review team, and they confirmed that the document you submitted has been verified. Kindly allow 24 hours for your visual verification to be thoroughly reviewed, and you will get an update on the status once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Albert G Community Member

Hi Malik,

Thank you for your feedback. It is very helpful. I have been trying to find email support but it's not directly available. I will keep trying and hopefully upwork will be able to get to me.

Regards,

Albert

Jose U Community Member

The submit a ticket section is not working and the chatbot is not helping as well. I am trying to verify my account with my driver's license but it is only asking for a passport. Please assist. 

Hi Jose,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Please know that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied. Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. 
Please check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jose U Community Member

I only have my drivers license, no passport as yet, is the passport now mandatory? 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jose,

Could you try to complete the verification process by selecting the option to upload a passport? Once you access it, you may try uploading any available document. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
The Saffron Soluti H Community Member

It has been days that i submitted Drivers license and no response from Upwork. I want to hire, but, cannot seem to get Upwork to respond to my ID verification. And, there is no live chat support or telephone support. I have uploaded details several times. How long does it take? And, is Upwork for real? Or, did I just submit my ID to a predatory company? 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi there,

I checked, and it looks like someone from the verification team contacted you through a support ticket. Please check the information they provided on the ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mesiet W Community Member

I have a problem please, I don't see identity verification on my settings. If 'Identity verification' from the options available in the help center, the page isn't available it brings an error. Anyone who just opened their account recently can you please help?

Amlan M Community Member

Hello all,

My profile verification has been pending for over 15 days. I have submitted the required document and conducted the facial recognition part successfully. I am not able to place a bid, which is affecting my work. 

If you know how to resolve the issue. Please let me know.

According to UpWork the profile should be verified within 3 working days, but I am yet to get any update.

Regards,
Amlan

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Amlan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Sunday A Community Member

I'm from Nigeria and the only government-issued ID we have is the NIMC slip and I tried uploading it but they are not accepting it. Please what can I do?

Salar S Community Member

Hello I am requested to verify my ID on upwork. I inserted my italian passport but it is asking me to submit another document to verify that I live in the USA.
I am trying to submit my green card but the system does not allow me to press continue to upload the document once  I select what type of verification it is. I am stuck

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Salar, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Geetanjali C Community Member

hello i am not able to get verified at all

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Geetanjali,

I checked your account and I see that you have already resubmitted your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account.

- Pradeep

Geetanjali C Community Member

In India its adhar card or pan card i can send but when i sent adhar card it wasnt verified i again submited pan card its not verified now its taking alot of time to submit 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths