🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538

Hi Krenar,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your location. I understand that you are facing this issue because your country, Kosovo, is not listed on our list. 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via your registered email address. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same notification if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that all requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
117d7318
Community Member

I'm having issues uploading my National ID card. Please I need your help they kept on rejecting it.

You should contact customer support

Hi Marycynthia,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having uploading your documents. Could you please tell us more about the error you face while trying to upload them? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
979e6f54
Community Member

help me

039b06db
Community Member

Hi all. 

I'm in a fix. I followed the process of verifying my identity and submitted all required documents but my request was denied. I don't know what caused this as everything I submitted follows the guidelines. I don't know what to do now. 

Hey there

Just go to the Help Center page here https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us , and look for technical support, they will fix it! 
Cheers

039b06db
Community Member

Thanks Natasha for the reply.  Could you please check the bank statement attached to this message (this state is not real, just an example I found online) and tell me if is acceptable. Is the address format okay? It is the same bank I use.

 Also, does the statement have to be in color?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

n_pudikova
Community Member

Hi Sheila! 

I've never been asked to provide mine, however, I'd suggest using the most recent one, as this one is from 2023. Overall all looks good, in my opinion! 

Got it.  I appreciate your time.

a_raza94
Community Member

Hi
    I have been facing a serious issue. By mistake my name was changed from Ali raza to Abdullah Abdullah due to which my id is not getting verified. I contacted Upwork support many time but got no respond.

Hi Ali,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
175d0d19
Community Member

I am a new freelancer and recently made a proposal to a job, I am happy that it got considered but also upset because I am afraid I might not get hired because of Identity verification. The client keeps asking me to verify my identity so that they could hire me but I have no control over it. What am I supposed to do in this situation? I do not want to lose the job because it is important to me and I have high hopes with it.

I hope upwork team takes my request for identity verification into consideration, not only mine but help out new freelancers so they could also grow and get a job as well.

Thankyou!

Hi Zishan,

You aren't currently required to verify your identity, nor can it be requested by either yourself or the client. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
175d0d19
Community Member

I understand that but can client hire me even when I am not verified?

6c81c80c
Community Member

Hello,

I submitted my documents for ID Verification but I get this message: 

"We've started a manual review. Watch your email in case we need you to answer any questions." 

I want to know how long it will take for my account to be verified. I would appreciate your help. 

7ca1aa2b
Community Member

This is the third time I'm applying for verification, yet my account is yet to be verified. What's the issue?

Hi Boluwatife,

We checked your account and saw you haven't completed the verification process. Please click the 'Get started' option to complete the verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7ca1aa2b
Community Member

I have completed the process. This is the third time I'll be doing that.

62c40de8
Community Member

I didn't pass identity verification with ID card. I'm sure the ID pic is clear and in color. It blocked me few weeks.
Please help me on it,  does any official support team can help me ?

kaashmalik
Community Member

Hi,

I received an email regarding identity verification from Upwork two days ago. I have submitted my ID documents. Upwork says ID verification will be completed in one business day but still, I am seeing the notification to verify my identity. And my ID verification process is not completed yet. It shows that some of my services are on hold.
Please note that my ID was already verified but I received that email again.
Please respond on this as soon as possible

Kind regards 
Kashif

Community Member

I'm from Ukraine and unable to verify my ID because it is outdated (expired in 2023). However, due to the ongoing war, Ukrainians are permitted to use expired IDs until the conflict is resolved. We are only required to update our IDs once the war has ended.

Hi Ibrahim, 

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a email to share additional information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
44c69656
Community Member

Hello Nikola

I'm having issues with my upwork verification, I used a different government issued ID card for my verification and it prompted a manual review, upwork said i was going to get an email but i haven't gotten any email from upwork.

Now people can't view my profile anymore, It's saying "This profile is no longer available"

Please i need your help on how to go about it thanks.

Screenshot_20240522_123629_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi Nathaniel,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I reached out directly to the team handling the review and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID verification badge on your profile. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
abdollahforever
Community Member

I'm stuck on how to finish my ID verification process:
01.png02.png
My country is the same on both my profile and the International ID photo that I provided, and I don't have additional photo ID to provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

111hasni111
Community Member

Good evening moderators!

I've been trying to verify my identity since 1 week, but I have not received any reply so far.

I completed the whole process, including showing my ID front and back on camera, multiple times.

It says we will contact you soon but I did not receive any response as of yet.

I want to purchase more connects to apply to jobs, but I'm unable to because of the verification delay.

Can you please help?

Thank you!

Good evening!

Still waiting for response regarding my identity verification.

I will greatly appreciate some help!

Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Good evening sir!

Thank you for this.

I'm still waiting for it to be resolved, sir.

The support agent replied and said everything is now good to go; however, I still cannot make any payments. It says "Some of your services are temporarily on hold"

f080b1f5
Community Member

Hi,

My city name is Yeleswaram which is in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India, but it is not in the list.
As a result i am unable to verify my identity.

Please add my city name into the list.
Added a screenshot for reference.

f080b1f5_0-1716445378846.png

But the name of a city near to my city is available in the list.Added a screenshot for reference below.

f080b1f5_1-1716445658674.png

I am looking forwared to your reply.
Thanks.

Hi Betha,

Thank you for your message. If your city is not included in the list, you can select the nearest city and proceed with uploading your documents for verification. Our team will reach out to you if they need additional information or clarification from you. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
e218ea9e
Community Member

Hello Support Team,

I have attempted multiple times to verify my identity, but each attempt has been unsuccessful. This issue is urgent and needs immediate resolution.

Could you please assist me as soon as possible to resolve this matter?

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

had the same issue until finally i realized the pic on my id card hard a line and upwork couldnot confirm it was me bacause of it. i switched to a different id card and was through with verification within minutes.

Hi Harsh,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, I noticed that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2193b88e
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to verify my identity with the government issued id card in Sri Lanka. The id is written in Sinhala language but I saw in the articles that it wouldn't be a problem.

This is the only id i possess and need to verify my identity within 7 days.

Could you please assist me with this issue?

Thank you!

Hi Isurika, yes, that won't be a problem. I'm notifying a moderator to confirm.

Did you try this method? - https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000563227-Government-ID-verification

Hi Isurika,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2193b88e
Community Member

Hi, thanks for replying... but I have tried twice and yet it failed. 

First I tried with the automatic detector but it does not detect the 4 corners when kept at the right distance. So, I manually took the photos correctly by keeping on a black surface and clearly. But it failed.

Then again I tried with auto detector but it couldn't detect the 4 corners again. So I zoomed in a bit and then it detected, but failed the verification process.

I tried for the 3rd time too and it's pending.

(Actually I saw that this is a common issue for Sri Lankans when I'm asking help to fix this from them too. They recommend using driving license card, but I only have a manually certified paper as the license as well. The government does not issue cards due to the situation of the country. So, I don't have another option for this.)

Could you please suggest me another way to upload them or any suggestion? In an article, it says to make a pdf and upload but I don't see a place to upload.

Please help me solving this and I'd be very thankful to you!

dcc8c0d4
Community Member

I have been trying to verify my NIN but it keeps saying that it cannot see  the 4 corners of my document. Also I followed all the instructions that was given but still kept on getting the same image.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths