🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Some of your services are temporarily on ...
Page options
Muhammad A Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

742 REPLIES 742
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Shakiara,

I can sense the urgency of your concern and we sincerely apologize for the delay. I can see that you've been coordinating with our support team and raised a ticket about your concern. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and kindly expect an update on your ticket here once it's been thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jesse P Community Member

my contractor can't get paid and my projects can't meet their deadlines. no one will assist and i need help getting my worker paid. 

jpukshansky_1-1700500861546.png

Hi Jesse,

We understand the urgency of your concern so that your talents can get paid for the work done. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. Kindly expect an update on one of your tickets on this page with more information and further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jesse P Community Member

I just got a note that the issue was resolved but now i get the below error on my account:

jpukshansky_0-1700509272939.png

This seems to be the only place that i can get attention for a solution. please help.

Jesse P Community Member

this issue is still unresolved and i'm a month without work now. who is it i'm supposed to "Contact" when the 48 hours of the KYC Warning are up and your message says "Contact us"?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jesse,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. We'll have one of the team members update your ticket with more information and further assistance regarding your account status. Please expect that update on your active ticket and email momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sazid K Community Member

I am facing the same situation please help me.

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Sazid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ll be happy to help. I checked and it looks like you are already communicating with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~Ivy
Sazid K Community Member

It's been more then 5-7 business days that my account is on hold due to KYC to verified by Upwork. 

I have submitted picture of my government issues ID Card. Still the prompt is not being removed from my profile.

please solve this issue asap.

Sazid K Community Member

I am facing same problem with know your customer thing.  It has been six days. Please look into this. Thanks

Syed A Community Member

Hi, 

I am getting this message sonce last 4 days "We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support." However the issue should have been resolved in 48 hours. The problem is when i added my payment mehtod, i got the message that my name on bank account and name on ID does not match. The Sur name was missing on my Bank Account details and later i added my other bank account which matched exactly with my ID. Now can anyone please tell me when my this issue will be resolved ?

Regards, 

Syed Awais 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Syed A Community Member

Hi Annie, 

Its been 9 days since this issue and it still persists. I have worte many times on my complain but not reply. Please support at your earlist possible. 

Regards, 

Awais 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Syed,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your support request. I have followed up with the team handling your request. One of our team members will review your case and respond to you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Carah A Community Member

Hi Annie! I am also experiencing the same. If anyone could help me, it would be great. I submitted a ticket to Upwork Customer Support but it has been a week and the KYC assessment is still up on mine. Thanks.

Hi Carah,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I already followed up with the team so they can update you on the status of your support ticket. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
Carah A Community Member

Hi Annie! My KYC is approved but my services remains on hold. If you could look this through, I'll be very grateful. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Carah,

I checked with our team and they have confirmed that the hold on your account has been lifted. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mahmud M Community Member

so basically it has been more than 3 days since I completed my KYC but still it says my account is on hold and it will be fixed within 48 Hour

Hi Mahmud,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Mahmud M Community Member

My KYC not Approved I contact support still no result more than a week 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mahmud,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've followed up with the team working on your review and they'll be getting back to you soon.

~ Luiggi
Peter O Community Member

Hi support, I had an identity verification issue leading to the suspension of my account. it has now been rectified as I have been able to adduce the relevant documents for review. The ban has now been lifted and location + identity verification now resolved.

However, I still have the caption "You are unable to complete ID Verification due to a suspension on your account. Check your email to review the status of your suspension.showing in my account, and while I understand that my account is back to normal, the caption makes for a scary sight. 

Cheers, (and God bless!) 

/Peter O. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Peter,

I see that you have one of our team members has already resolved the issue and notified the same via a support ticket. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Peter O Community Member

Very true Pradeep. Thanks for your swift response, and enjoy the rest of your day. 

God bless! : ) 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths