🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Some of your services are temporarily on ...
Page options
Muhammad A Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

742 REPLIES 742
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Fahad,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused you. I've notified the team handling your case, and they've just recently shared an update with you regarding this. You can access your support ticket here.

~ Luiggi
Abdul A Community Member

Pleass solve This Problem 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Abdul,

Apologies for the inconvenience experienced while we complete a review of your account. Please allow 24-48 hours for our team to review and restore your account. 

- Pradeep

Pablo L Community Member

I do the instructions and received the follwing answer:

[...] Upwork will notify you via pop-up notification and email when it's time to verify your identity. If you want additional information, you can check out the ID Verification Badge article.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Pablo,

I checked and confirmed that our team contacted you via a support ticket to provide instructions. Please check your ticket and kindly follow the information they shared on the ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
Muhammad G Community Member

Hi AveryO

Can you please help me with similar issue I am having with my account, its been more than 4 days and I have raised support ticket too but there is no update.

Kind Regards,

Muhammad

Mark T Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have the same issue with the Know Your Customer freeze on my account. When I speak to customer services, I'm stuck in an infinite loop with the bot. It's not possible to speak to an agent. 

Please can you raise a support ticket because there is no way to speak to a customer agent on Upwork.

Best,

Mark 

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Mark,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked but I do not see any limitations on your account. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance?

Additionally, I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with the chatbot. We are continuously striving to enhance our services, and we truly value your feedback. I will share your report with our team for further review. We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Ivy
Karin S Community Member

I wonder why Upwork doesn't just check the ID verification KYC before they make limitations to the account?

I mean if nothing looks strange with an account it should not be necessary to do these limitations and makes it more difficult for the freelancer. 

So, why not check the KYC before?

It just pops up on the account it is a KYC going on to verify the user. That's OK. But should be far easier if the control was done. And if it should fail then do these limitations...

Just thinking. And should make it all easier for everyone. And as I have been here since Odesk it makes me a bit annoyed, to be honest.

Karin S Community Member

It was limitations today to my account. Which I had since before 2012.

Due to  KYC Knowing customers my account was limited today. And I could not pay.

I would think it would be better to ask for a new ID verification before doing these limitations. ( money and account)

Why not do this ID verification and if it fails or is delayed, then do the limitations on the account.

It's just a sign popping up..Not a very good experience.

Karin S Community Member

I am writing again as it seems my posts disappear here..

Why can't Upwork do the KYC, (know your customer)  without putting some of the accounts on hold?

I mean if it fails then the account service could be put on hold. 

Been here for so long since Odesk days. Done ID verification, paid my fees, and all that.

I can understand this has to be done due to the law. But is it necessary to put it on hold before the KYC?

It feels so strange to me that the freelancer, the client, has no insight about what and when it will happen.

It's like you have no way to reach the right people either to solve the interruption. 

Freelancing is not easy and this is just so tiring. I think I am soon done here..

It is not respecting the account holder to limit the service before doing a control about the identity or whatever they do.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Karin,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Karin S Community Member

Thank you!

I read it's done due to The USA Patriot Act. It would be interesting to hear why you are doing this. And how that is connected to people working here. 

Emma K Community Member

I do not understand why my acccount is on hold and being reviewed?  I'm still getting the below message. I'm using the same payment method for previous projects.

I urgently need to pay a freelancer so she can release the project - I've already had to ask for one deadline extension for the person expecting this work.

What is the hold up?!

You're making it very hard for me to trust and rely on Upwork.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 1.53.43 PM.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Emma K Community Member

I've still received no assistance.  My Upwork experience for this project is disappointing.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Emma,

We appreciate the follow-up. I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with our concern. Please give our team time to review your account along with your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you with updates. You can check here or your email for further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Khurram S Community Member

Hi there, I received an email in the morning that my account has been successfully reviewed and my services are restored and I can start working normally on my account now but it's been around 12 hours and when I login to my account it still shows me the notification 

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Khurram,

I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea

Hi I received an update on my ticket 3 hours ago I’m happy to report that your identity has been verified and any related restrictions that were placed on your Upwork account have been removed.

But my account still shows 

How long will it take as my verification is completely done ! Please update

I'm still waiting for the assistance but I'm not getting any update either on my ticket or in comunity platform. It's my 3rd message in this community in past 2 days and haven't received response of even single one. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Khurram,

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I've followed up with the team handling your case so they can get in contact with you via your support ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Luiggi

Hello ! My account is approved. I've received notification of Upwork and email 3 hours ago. But the notification of on hold  is still there. Why upwork takes too long to update the account status ? I mean once case is closed all my  attachements to the tickets are removed due to security concern and I'm receiving email and notification about successful verification and I'm still seeing the same on hold  notification. I humbly request you guys please update it.

Many thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Khurram,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already responded to the related support ticket with the same concern. One of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Christine Nicole Y Community Member

I don't see a point why they have to limit my financial account due to a a direct contract. I already have submitted all the necessary details to confirm the transaction was legit such as reverifying my profile, sending the work completed, etc etc. The support is taking forever to verify and reply. I wouldn't have used this Direct Contract if it's just gonna affect my daily upwork usage.

My rant is the slow process of verification from the upwork team and the thought that they are marketing direct contract as hassle-free and easy to use platform to get payments from clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths