🐈
» Forums » Support » Account is on Hold for more then 1 week
Page options
Muhammad A Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

742 REPLIES 742
Ahsan A Community Member

Hi. Hope all is well.

It's been more then 5-7 business days that my account is on hold due to KYC to verified by Upwork. 

I have submitted picture of my government issues ID Card. Still the prompt is not being removed from my profile.

I have tried calling on Upwork's number but it is an AI BOT, the same is on chat.

I would really appreciate Upworks response on timely basis

Hope to hear.

ThankYou!!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ahsan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Abdul K Community Member

Hello
My account is on hold for more then a week now, i have already done the verification process and added a payment method.
Any help in this regard is highly appricated.
Thank you

Abdul K Community Member

What a terrible experience getting started with this platform, no way to contact any support.
A chat bot which just repets like a parrot , so far the platform have collected all the personal information and verified the docuemnts and suddenly this message is there once you login.
You don't know what to do next to resolve this and there is no communication or support from the platform.

Lisa B Community Member

I have been told I would be verified in 48 hours and it has been over 10 days. The support chat is just a chat that sends me around in circles. Desperate to hire someone but feel like I am going crazy! 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out! I checked your account and it looks like you've already completed this step. There is no limitation set on your account. Please let us know if you need further assistance; we are here to help!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Muhammad E Community Member

Hello,

I uploaded my identity verification documents on Upwork more than 48 hours ago, but my account still hasn't been verified, and I haven't received the verification badge. I'm concerned about the delay as it's impacting my ability to fully utilize the platform. Has anyone else experienced this issue? What steps can I take to expedite the verification process?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Luke P Community Member

Same here.  It's been 3 or 4 days for me.  And I had to jobs I posted that I cannot even respond to the poor folks who offered talent.  That makes me look like I am ghosting them.  And there is no way to contact anyone for support or get any help.  I am moving my needs for freelancers to another platform and will not use Upwork in the future.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Luke,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Muhammad,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that you were successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi

This is the third day my account is on hold. Kindly resolve this issue within a day and provide the verification badge. It is shameful for such a large platform to have such delayed processes.

Hey LuiggiR!

24 hours have passed, but my issue has not been resolved. Kindly resolve my issue. My team and I will be grateful to you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Muhammad,

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information processAlthough it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes.

Once you are required to go through the verification process to obtain the Identity Verified badge, you will be notified. 

~ Luiggi

Hello LuiggiR,

I uploaded my government-issued ID for verification 3 to 4 days ago. Can you tell me what might be causing the delay in the verification process, or provide a timeframe for when my verification will be completed?

Nick G Community Member

I can't even email upwork at all to start some sort of ticket. This customer support system is pretty bad. Can anyone help me get past this so i can hire people? I've hired plenty of people in the past I have no idea why they need to re-KYC me.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Nick,

We're sorry to hear that you were unable to contact our support team. We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey LuiggiR!

24 hours have passed, but my issue has not been resolved. Kindly resolve my issue. My team and I will be grateful to you.

Nouman S Community Member

Hi there,

I have a new Upwork account and I am doing my first job with a client. I have submitted my details about my verification already but I still receive the following message :

"Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE 

I have uploaded all required documents after that is shows Your Identity was suuessfully verified but still i faceing same issue Some of your services are temporarily on hold and my payment method is inactive
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Nouman,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Ripon M Community Member

Hello everyone,
My account has been temporarily put on hold for 24 to 48 hours after 48 hours I contacted the support team and opened a ticket after a few hours a support agent responded and transferred my issue to the appropriate team until now anybody didn't respond and not solved my problem until now my support ticket is open and 3 days passed but my problem not solved and they not sent any email for this.
my support ticket -47728796
Thanks 
Ripon

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ripon,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Mohammed Elhabib H Community Member

I already verified my id and on my profile it's actually id verified but when i go to the home page there's a message telling me that my services are in hold and i should verify my id  

2dd79ff9_0-1719875078875.png2dd79ff9_1-1719875090919.png

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mohamed Elhabib,

Apologies for the delayed response to your post. Please know that we've escalated your case to our team, and one of our verification team members has contacted you via a support ticket. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Syed Ali Hussain Z Community Member

I submitted my brother's billing address as we'd be using his account, even though the account is in my name. Now, for ID verification, upkwork would only use his name and that was uneditable. Therefore, I entered his ID pictures but later read that it was supposed to be the ID of the person whose picture is in the account. How do I solve this, since the customer support is unreachable except thru an international call. I need the upwork team to get in touch so that I can reupload my billing information and then ID. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Syed,

Upwork accounts are not meant to be shared; this is a serious violation of the Terms of Service. If you and your brother wish to be on Upwork, you must have your own individual accounts.

I've escalated your concern via a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths