🐈
» Forums » Support » Know Your Customer
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

610 REPLIES 610
karinskold
Community Member

I am writing again as it seems my posts disappear here..

Why can't Upwork do the KYC, (know your customer)  without putting some of the accounts on hold?

I mean if it fails then the account service could be put on hold. 

Been here for so long since Odesk days. Done ID verification, paid my fees, and all that.

I can understand this has to be done due to the law. But is it necessary to put it on hold before the KYC?

It feels so strange to me that the freelancer, the client, has no insight about what and when it will happen.

It's like you have no way to reach the right people either to solve the interruption. 

Freelancing is not easy and this is just so tiring. I think I am soon done here..

It is not respecting the account holder to limit the service before doing a control about the identity or whatever they do.

Hi Karin,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you!

I read it's done due to The USA Patriot Act. It would be interesting to hear why you are doing this. And how that is connected to people working here. 

cbc554ac
Community Member

I do not understand why my acccount is on hold and being reviewed?  I'm still getting the below message. I'm using the same payment method for previous projects.

I urgently need to pay a freelancer so she can release the project - I've already had to ask for one deadline extension for the person expecting this work.

What is the hold up?!

You're making it very hard for me to trust and rely on Upwork.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 1.53.43 PM.png

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I've still received no assistance.  My Upwork experience for this project is disappointing.

Hi Emma,

We appreciate the follow-up. I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with our concern. Please give our team time to review your account along with your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you with updates. You can check here or your email for further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
khurram_sh44
Community Member

Hi there, I received an email in the morning that my account has been successfully reviewed and my services are restored and I can start working normally on my account now but it's been around 12 hours and when I login to my account it still shows me the notification 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

Hi Khurram,

I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi I received an update on my ticket 3 hours ago I’m happy to report that your identity has been verified and any related restrictions that were placed on your Upwork account have been removed.

But my account still shows 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

How long will it take as my verification is completely done ! Please update

I'm still waiting for the assistance but I'm not getting any update either on my ticket or in comunity platform. It's my 3rd message in this community in past 2 days and haven't received response of even single one. 

Hi Khurram,

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I've followed up with the team handling your case so they can get in contact with you via your support ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello ! My account is approved. I've received notification of Upwork and email 3 hours ago. But the notification of on hold  is still there. Why upwork takes too long to update the account status ? I mean once case is closed all my  attachements to the tickets are removed due to security concern and I'm receiving email and notification about successful verification and I'm still seeing the same on hold  notification. I humbly request you guys please update it.

Many thanks

Hi Khurram,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already responded to the related support ticket with the same concern. One of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cnstaneck
Community Member

I don't see a point why they have to limit my financial account due to a a direct contract. I already have submitted all the necessary details to confirm the transaction was legit such as reverifying my profile, sending the work completed, etc etc. The support is taking forever to verify and reply. I wouldn't have used this Direct Contract if it's just gonna affect my daily upwork usage.

My rant is the slow process of verification from the upwork team and the thought that they are marketing direct contract as hassle-free and easy to use platform to get payments from clients.

b14cf572
Community Member

It's more than of 2days.
Some of your services are temporarily on hold. We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

b69e13fb
Community Member

Hey, 
I am new to upwork and I started working watched some tutorials and got my first contract. Now after that I was shown a notification on top KYC review it will be fixed within 24-48 hours. 
It was fixed but i heard that you get video call from upwork agents but i didnt get any video call verification. 
Now whenever i try to add payment method my account goes under the same review kindly fix this Error it is the 4th time I have tried asking the support to fix it. They fix the issue but once I add a payment method my account start showing this same notification on top. 
Kindly help

Regards 

Ahmed 

b69e13fb_0-1654370637619.png

Hi Syed,

Can you please check now? I've followed up with the team and they've confirmed that you should no longer see this on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b69e13fb
Community Member

Hi luiggi, 

I checked the notification was gone. But when i tried adding a payment method. Same thing happened again. 

b69e13fb_0-1654387234955.png

I havent withdrawn any funds for like 3 weeks now i really need my pocket money for this month. 
Kindly help 

Hi Syed,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi pradeep,

This has happened three times now. Man I ask upwork support they fix the notification they verify me but once i try to add a payment method to withdraw my earnings. The notification starts to pop up on my profile. I think its because my video call verification isnt done. Can we like do a proper video call verification and get done with this. Its been almost 3 weeks now and I have paused working on my current contract as well. Because I am not getting paid so theres no point in working when you cant withdraw your funds. 
Please help 

regards 

Ahmed.

Hi Syed,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you have further questions or if you need further assistance, feel free to follow up with our team directly on your ticket and they will be happy to assist. When everything is in one place we can be more efficient at assisting you. Please also know that we cannot discuss account-specific details in a public forum for your safety so it's best to discuss this with the agent assigned to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey annie,

This issue is not gettin solved same thing happened again. 
I got the Message from support that they have fixed it and once again when i tried adding a payment method this error occured. 
I think its because my video verification isnt done can you kindly reset the identitiy verification tab so i can do My identity verification through the video call process that might fix this issue. And its been like 2 weeks now That i earned the verification batch but when i go to setting>Identity verification> I still see the message documents being reviewed. 

b69e13fb_0-1654454422692.png

4820f5af
Community Member

I am uploaded my ID Card pic but no any responce after 4 days ,

no any e-mail receive and no any notification .

when i upload the id Card notification shows that upwork will responce with in 48 hours but no any responce i received. and also my project is on hold for review ...any one help me

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rehman,

I checked and it looks like the verification was completed successfully! There is no further action needed on your end. Regarding your Project Catalog, please allow 5 business days for the team to review your project.

~Andrea
Upwork
a8af55d9
Community Member

Hi, I have been using upwork and even completed my 1st project and still my "get paid" services are on hold due to KYC. I have been receiving the message which is attached since a month now. Don't now why it is taking so much time to upload payment details method which i have already submitted multiple times. PFA screenshot which i am getting and its almost a month now. Please help me out ! Thanks 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saad, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. Once a support ticket is generated, you can access it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
72dffd7e
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork and completed my first job. It has been more than 48 hours but I'm still getting the KYC notification.

I was also not able to add my bank account as I got the message that your account is under review.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
cdef9929
Community Member

hello, I am new in upwork. But my account is going on temporary in hold. Kindly review and verify as soon as possible. I am looking forward your response. Thank You

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that your account is undergoing a Know Your Customer review and it should be completed in 24 to 48 hours. Kindly allow more time for the review to complete.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
greenraze
Community Member

I have the  message on my profile is

"We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

I am observing it from few days. It is not removing. What iIneed to do for it?

Thanks 

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d2f9013b
Community Member

Upwork suspended me and have no valid reason and demand ID, im a client on here for 6 years 4.5 star rating.

Happy client , happy freelancer experiences and randomly this week my account was suspended.

This behavior is a dictatorship, and breaches respect of my rights to how i share my private ID documents , my account has no suspicious behavior.

Never expected this platform to treat users like this for no reason but random profile suspending.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork Identity requirement.png

3 days have passed  , i have contacted customer support over 10x , to get this resolved. I keep getting told the Trust and safety team will get back to you, nobody responds back it's been over 24 hours and the first responses on day 1 from Trust and Safety team Steph denied me any rights to privacy. In Australia there is a privacy policy chapter 13: APP 3 

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles-guidelines/chapter-3-app-3-collection-...

Hi Will,

Thank you for your message. I see that the team has restored your account already and reached out to you via a support ticket to notify you. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0c788011
Community Member

Hello, I've submitted my ID for verification a week ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take? Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

Thanks

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faisal,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
0c788011
Community Member

I am still waiting for ID for verification.Its been a week ago

Hi Hafiz,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like our team has reached out to you with instructions on how to complete the verification. Kindly check your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths