🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Government ID Verification
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

635 REPLIES 635
0c788011
Community Member

I am still waiting for ID for verification.Its been a week ago

Hi Hafiz,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like our team has reached out to you with instructions on how to complete the verification. Kindly check your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
388c9742
Community Member

I added an agency account weeks ago. Since then, the following message has appeared:

"We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24-48 hours. If your account hold is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork customer support."

Of course, 48 hours have passed. There was no information about ID, photo or other data in my email. What should I do?

Hi Gusta,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your KYC status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours days to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
denis_godhani
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support Team,

I am Denis Godhani - A Freelancer on Upwork. I saw my account has been suspended and also got the email for submitting required docs for verification purpose. I have also submitted all the required stuff successfully.

How can I track the status of my application.

Thanks for help and support.

Hi Denis,

If you have any questions please reply directly to your support ticket with our team here as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I have updated few information on open ticket.
Can you please re-assign the same ticket to some agent ASAP.

Thnaks

Denis Godhani

Hi Denis,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and it's already assigned to the relevant team. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
be56f894
Community Member

I have uploaded CNIC but does not have face verification next to the option , so My question is how to verify the face verification and then account has been verified ?
The page next is open and the text is shown.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Please know this is a different verification request from the ID Verification Badge. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any other verification request at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~Andrea
Upwork
ian55home
Community Member

Hi! I am freelancer in Upwork. But it is my first time using the client option available from my account so that I can post a job post.

The question is when I am trying to add my payment method it cannot be added and it is leaving me this  message (see screenshot) will this affect my freelancer account? it is just one account anyway..

"

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

ian55home_0-1663756137477.png

Can they just instead deduct payment from my existing balance on my freelancer account. (Take note my freelancer account and client account is just one 

need help I cannot offer a job contract since my payment method is not being accepted.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi! I am trying to hire and send offer contract but my payment method is still under review it says 24 to 48 hours.

error:

"Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

is there a way to make it faster? I urgently need the freelancer's service if possible.. I just need to send contract and hire.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The client profile is separate from your freelancer profile hence a billing method would have to be set up for your client profile. Please note that the balance from your freelancer profile can't be transferred to or used by your client profile. Kindly allow up to 48 hours for the KYC to be completed. If after 48 hours, you're still getting the same notification, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi! I received an email from Upwork follow up on the concern about my client account. they said it is due to the company name that I put in my client account and they are asking for proof of that company. I just change it now to my name instead since I dont have a company.. because I thought it was just like a nickname to set up since it is my first time using the client account.. I replied from the email. I am not sure if they have received it yet. so that is why I am replying here also for a follow up to get my account resolved for the KYC issue.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already responded to the support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi I checked again. Issue is still not resolved. The message is gone which is good. but when I am trying to add my payment method on my client account it is still saying that my account is being reviewed. I also sent a reply on my closed ticket from the support group. I'll just await for there response.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Update.. issue is resolved. Thank You!

ba8116c5
Community Member

Action required: Verify your identity by 09/26/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

Hello my name is Said. I am a junior programmer .I tried few times to my UpWork account but I couldn't get it verified. Please help me. What am I doing wrong. I have waited two days already.

I have a client I have done the job but I haven't sent it yet.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Said,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
882576f9
Community Member

Hi, I hope you are doing well. As a freelancer, actually created company called Tech Experts with the intention of posting a
job.I wanted to verify my identity before posting the job because the payment method was not verified. However, my account remains suspended after this. am unable to draw money from freelancer account because it is on hold.
don't want my client account, which is the second thing. 
What should i do to get rid of restriction on my freelancer account due to client account 
I shall be very thankful to you for this favor.

Regards,
Sohaib Ashraf Butt

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sohaib,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
007fa97f
Community Member

When I pay for Direct Contract, it shows:

"You need to verify your identity. {verifyNowLink} or {learnMoreLink} before you can proceed."

I don't know where to click to verify my identity.

This is the second time I have come across such a situation.

I have submitted the identity document once in November and can normally use the direct contract. It's so annoying that I have to verify it again. Why do I need to verifty identity so often?

Request: Please give me a link to submit identity document.

Thank you.

Hi my friend, 

You need to complete KYC (identity verification) proccess.  For identity verification at first go to setting and click identity verification. 
Then submit you valid and legal info for the proccess. If all of your info are correct, your profile will verified within gew minutes. 
If you need further help about identity verification, please contact upwork support. 
Thanks

Foyzul Islam

Graphics Designer

Hey Zhijun, please go to Settings and complete the whole ID process. Thanks!

Hi Zhijun,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b2eb1314
Community Member

Hello Upwork Customer Support,

I had my identity verified 24 hrs ago and even got the badge but today again I saw this (PFA file belwo) popping up again as the system asks me to complete identity verification again. Is there any issue that I am unable to comprehend here? Kindly assist me on this so I know the real underlying problem and try to cooperate accordingly.

Thanks in anticipation,

Maria

adc912a2
Community Member

I am Md Abdul Momin. I am a experienced digital marketing expert with 5years of marketing experienced(local Market) and I have Graphics Design Team.
My skills are Google ads (Adwords), Bing ads (Mircrosoft ads), Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Twitter ads, On page seo, Technical seo and Off page seo any Any Kinds of graphics art work design, logo design, social media cover design, Banner Ads design etc.
I have done 30,000+ projects(Local) within 5 years and I have 500+ satisfied buyers.
I focus on client satisfactions but not on fee. This is my new upwork account.
please help me.
Thanks and best regards
Md Abdul Momin

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

Please allow 24 to 48 hours for that review to take place. If any further information is needed the team will reach out to you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
bf9e8c70
Community Member

It's been 9-10 days, my account is on hold at @upwork. Can Upwork please speed up the process of KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER? At least ask me to provide your identity. I will definitely provide any identity of mine to verify my account.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

~Andrea
Upwork
0c1f37b0
Community Member

Hey Upwork team!

I was created upwork account but still in process please solve below problem. 

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

Hi Muhammad,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
moh_alie
Community Member

Hi sir I got this issue last 48 hours ago is still available on my account 

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and saw that one of our agents updated your ticket. Your account limitation has been lifted, and you can check the information they have shared with you here

~ Joanne
Upwork
c6e17384
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

My account is on the "Know your customer" review for the last 14 days, I already opened a ticket and send all the required information last Sunday but not be able to receive any reply from the support team, can you please guide me through the process how long it will take to receive a reply from the support team.

Thank You

4101a20f
Community Member

i want to verify my government ID but my upwork accounts shows to confirm my friends government ID because I attached his bank card for payment to make a hire. I have a talk with the Upwork agent as well on chat support but still my issue is there. The agent told me that you may have the problem with your bank your transaction is failing again and again that's why I used my friends bank card but now Upwork wants me to verify his government ID instead of mine. 
Please someone help me, I want to hire a freelancer as soon as possible

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sameer,

~Andrea
Upwork
a61f010c
Community Member

how to solve this problem

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. No action is needed on your end but if it's been more than 48 hours and you still see the notification, please contact our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths