🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: reset my profile visibility
Page options
d5f56afc
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet i'm unable to move it 

Please help me to move it to public 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

363 REPLIES 363

Hi Said,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

~ Arjay
Upwork
aae0e7dd
Community Member

Please help me change my account status to "Public".

I clicked the "Reset profile visibility" button a few times, but it did not work.

I followed all the instructions from the chat with the bot, but it did not work.

Hi Dmytro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aae0e7dd
Community Member

Thanks, it works now.

glein-tora
Community Member

Locked private Profile -Hi, Can you please set my profile to the public? I have recently secured a contract but my profile is still private.

You can submit a request under "Help Center" and then "Profile Visibility Status", it will take only 4 hours, and your profile status will be changed automatically. 

Hi Glein,

I checked, and it looks like your profile visibility has been reset to public already. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fafc6b2e
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team

My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me make it public.

Thanks

jagdev singh

Hi Jagdev.

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
annenwaghodo
Community Member

Please,My Upwork profile is on private ,how do I change it to back to public,please.Thank you.

Hi Anne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
oresttuday
Community Member

Hello!
I've requested to set my profile from private to public last week, but I don't have any of results when my profile will be public back?

Hi Orest,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bhumzcoder1
Community Member

Hi, I have completed all setups and tax forms, I came back recently and re-opened my account but my profile is locked private. Please help.

Hi Bhumit,

It's great to know that you're profile's all set. I've also reset your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
sinisa
Community Member

Hi community.

My profile has been set to locked private, too. Kindly set it to public, please.

Best

Hi Sinisa,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b82604aa
Community Member

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet I am unable to move it.

A message appears that says it is because I have not earned money, it took more than 2 weeks.

I need your help to return to the public profile. 

Thanks.

athiel
Community Member

Hi Margarita,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

##- Escriba su respuesta encimaMy profile is published again.

Happy to be able to apply on the Platform again.

Thank you very much for your invaluable help. de esta línea -##
af98008b
Community Member

Hi, my account is locked in Private...Please Help..TIA

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017ea9a2992ed0763d

Hi Khelvin,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a9cd8ac8
Community Member

How do i change private to public, because it shoe to subscribe the plan for upwork !!!

Is this the profile private to public. If yes there might be 3 ways to do it:
1. Start earning again to auto public the profile
2. Ask UW to public the profile for you
3. Subscribe to freelancer plus for public the profile

Hi Dev,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a9cd8ac8
Community Member

Thank you.

2b12195f
Community Member

I recently saw that my Upwork profile has been changed from public to private,

please what do I do to return it to the public, dear community members,

Please I need suggestions, can I buy connect to submit proposals?

Hi Tina

Does your account so old and you havn't use or bid since long time , if yes please start bid on any relevant project or Just talk to directlt upwork support , they will let you know exact reason .

Thanks

Meenakshi

Hi Tina,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
cadb0c83
Community Member

Hi,

I just tried to turn on my availability but my profile is locked to private....one of the reasons is because I haven't had any work, but I have a better chance of getting work if I can turn on my availability....

How can I fix this please?

Hi Steve,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. You should now be able to switch your Availability Badge on. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
amoranto_justin
Community Member

Hi,

My account has been kept private, please help me to make it public. Thank you!

I can confirm that your request via a support ticket to have your profile reset back to public has been completed. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out and have an amazing weekend, Justine.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi there, my account is on private could you make it public? Thank you in advance 

Hi Zunaira, Your profile feature allows you to select your visibility into public. In other words, you have to select the pen icon under view profile. 

Hope this helps.

Hi Zunaira,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
0ad95e26
Community Member

hoy can i solve this problem

Hi Nada,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
34ce7559
Community Member

My profile has become private, please make it public 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths