🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Sir Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much! I have tried that option for about 4 times already but had no luck. You're a lifesaver!

nsev5087
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem. Already sent several request thru the link under support for resetting profile to public. Been trying more than 2 weeks already and getting the same response with no resolution. Hope you can set it back to public. Thank you!

maimun88
Community Member

Hi, my account is kept private frequently. Please let me know the problem and please get it back to the public ASAP. Thank you.

Hi Maimuna,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You can check this help article to learn why it can be switched to private.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
maimun88
Community Member

Thank you for helping me.

quickbooks_bd
Community Member

I was offline since long. That's why my profile has been locked Private and Availability Badge is Off. Would you please help me, so that I can continue here?

Thanks  

Md. Yahia FCMA

Hi MD,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks a lot

Md. Yahia FCMA
f87101a6
Community Member

Hi, a moderator from this community updated me yesterday by telling me that my profile has been reset to public, but when I checked this morning my profile is still showing availability is turned off. What is happening? Can I get reliable information? I can't apply either because my connections are very low and they don't give my monthly free connects that is why they turned off my avaiability because I don't have enough connects to turn on the badge. Please help. Thank you. 

Hi Noel,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is already set to Public. You can switch on your Availability Badge from Find Work > Profile. This badge is a new way for talent to communicate when they have availability to take on new projects. They will be able to use their Connects to add the availability badge, and you’ll see it (it’s a blue “Available Now” icon) in search results so you can easily identify those who are advertising their availability. For more information, click here

Lastly, I see that the monthly Connects are credited to your Upwork account on the 22nd of every month. That said, you have already received the monthly Connects for August and you will have to wait till Sept 22nd to receive Connects for this month. Alternatively, you can also purchase additional Connects from this page using a valid billing method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your response. As per my understanding of your message is that my availability badge is turned off unti I get additional connects to be able to turn on my availability badge, and since my billing cycle is every 22nd of every month, so I need to wait until September 22 to get my free connects, and upon getting additional connects that will be the time they will turn on my availability badge.  Thank you.

Noel V.

joelluis
Community Member

Hi, 

I don't know if this is the right avenue but I have been requesting my profile to be reset back to public. It's beem more than 3 weeks now, i sent another request few days ays ago but until now my profile is still locked private. Kindly help me put it back to public. Thank you and stay safe. 

Hi Joel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
nadeemehsan9
Community Member

Hello! My profile visibility has been set to private from  public. I have requested to change my profile visibility from private to public but it has not been set yet. kindly help me regarding this issue.

Thanks.

Hi Nadeem,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie Jane for your kind response.

mreka91
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I opened several disputes to get my account back on Public which ones now are "solved" in my dispute list but my problem still persist. I hasn't been active on Upwork since a while but now I want to use my profile. How could I solve this problem? Should I close my account and sign up for a new one? I just don't want to lose my Connects. Please find a capture in the attachment and help me out if you can.

Thanks!

Hi Marton,

~ AJ
Upwork
mreka91
Community Member

Thank you very much for your help!

quickbooks_bd
Community Member

Solved with thanks

Md. Yahia FCMA
creativetanjil
Community Member

Hi,

I requested to make my profile private to public 2 days ago. But I haven't received any email from Upwork. It showed it'll take up to 4 hours to make it public but my profile is still private. 

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance!

Hi MD Sabel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
nsev5087
Community Member

Hi Annie!

I have the same problem. I just recently open my account and I cant set my profile on public. Already sent request thrice for the past 2 weeks and still no resolution. Hoping to you could help me making my profile public. Thank you!

Hi Nico,

Your profile visibility has been reset to 'public'. You might want to also check out this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ba147be
Community Member

Hi! My profile has been set on Private for a while now, as I have not been active for a while. But recently I've been trying to get things going on by submitting proposals. I've been trying to change this back to "Public" and have sent a number of emails for help but without reply. Please I need this issue fixed. Thanks!

Hi Sunday,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
hamzajutt8007
Community Member

Its been 2 week and my visibility is not yet converted from private to public please resolve this as soon as possible.

Hi,

Facing the same issue.
I have just passed the readiness test and earned a rising talent badge. But my profile is set as private since I was new and couldn't earn. I kept on sending proposals but all in vain since my profile was set as private. Now I have done the readiness test but of no use. I think rising talents should be given the opportunity to rise while having a public profile. Otherwise, there is no use in being a rising talent if the profile is not public and the client cannot see it. 

• This is my request to the policymakers to please review this thing. The rising talent should be given the opportunity to work freely with a public profile.

Furthermore, due to the non-availability badge, I can not be seen and invited for an interview. I tried to fix it but due to the PRIVATE profile, I cannot even do this thing. Don't know what to do now?

Upwork is requested to review its policy and please resolve our issues.

Thanks  

Hi Sana,

Thank you for your message. Your profile has been reset and the visibility is set to Public now. Please make sure your profile picture is real and easily verifiable.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Thank you so very much for your positive response.  My issue is resolved successfully. I'm happy to see my profile publicly now!

Thanks

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for your message. Your profile has been reset and the visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kmkonstantinov
Community Member

Hello,

My profile is "Locked Private" as I hadn't been using Upwork for years, but I'd like to do so again now without recreating my account. Unfortunately I realized my profile is not visible anymore, I tried using the request to be public option but it is not changed - please help. (screenshot below)

Thanks

kmkonstantinov_0-1663242262417.png

Hi Konstantin,

~Andrea
Upwork
4c414e4c
Community Member

Hi Upwork,
so it's been over weeks now I've sent you guys many emails concerning my account my account visibility, you guys set it to private and I've been writing a lot of email to you guys to settle back to public, cuz my account is draining I need you guys to set it back to private.
I don't know how long is going to take you guys to do that but please I need my account back to visibility public and I noticed it about you guys rules over freelancer to reviece order within 90 days or 30 days ,I know it was my fault I had with my phone but I want you guys to open it now as I am ready to work now I was busy then the but now I'm ready to work so please set my account back to visible public ,thank you.
I have message you severally through Gmail on LinkedIn and everything.
Really hope you work on it

Hi Dharniel,

~Andrea
Upwork
a4448578
Community Member

While i'm changing my profie visibility badge, i'm facing this issue anyone can assist me how to resolve this issue?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I have set your profile visibility back to public. In the future, if this happens again, you can check the steps you can take on this article to know how you can set your profile to public. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths