🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865
faizajawad
Community Member

My up work profile is set to private and is not being set to public even after countless emails.

Private profile settings 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faiza, 

Your profile visibility is now set to "public." If this happens again, you can check the steps you can take on this article on how you can set your profile to public. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8d50a456
Community Member

my profile has been private please make it public

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farooq, 

I have set your profile visibility back to public. In the future, if this happens again, you can check the steps you can take on this article to know how you can set your profile to public. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5419c155
Community Member

Hi Andea G,

I have been a way for some time now and when i as i tried viewing my profile i couldnt, kindly assist please.

Thank U

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashogbon, 

I have reset your profile visibility to public as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5419c155
Community Member

Thank you for your email
bb505314
Community Member

my account is private and locked please make it public

Hi Shahbaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
annette_hooker
Community Member

My profile was set to "PRIVATE" by Upwork.  I cannot get work. I've requested 4 times to be reset to "PUBLIC" and though the ticket says 'solved' ... the issue has not been resolved.

Please set my profile to PUBLIC as soon as possible.

Hi Annette,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
acf6020e
Community Member

hello team, can you please help set my visibility status to public. I am ready for work now and i have tried it from my end, its not working, kindy sort out. Thanks

Hi Enny,

I have set your profile visibility back to public status. For future reference, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
tine_donato
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I've kept requesting for my profile to public and it keeps getting solved without any changes in my profile (it's still in private). Kindly see screenshots attached. Before, I can request and it gets solved without having to report this.

ID: #36937678

Let me know if there is something I am missing. Looking forward to your prompt response.

Thank you!

Regards,

Christine

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Christine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Just checked my account. It's as you say, thank you very much!

ab164c1a
Community Member

I am very much interrusted to work in Upwork please make my profile public

Hi Masud,

Can you please go to your Profile Settings and attempt changing your profile visibility manually to public? Don't hesitate to let us know if you experience any issues doing so.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
17de9e5d
Community Member

Please my profile is set to private, I have tried to change it to public but it still remains in private. Please what should I do

Hi Uchechukwu,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
759e32fa

Hi Abdul,

~ AJ
Upwork
530bad01
Community Member

Hi,

I've been away for a while and my profile is set to "locked private". Kindly change it to public. Thank you

Hi Wonderful,

Thank you for your message. Your profile is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mishalshafiq
Community Member

Hi Upwork please guide me why my profile is not public? I'm unable to understand How I will get work this way?

Hi Mishal,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
eng27
Community Member

When I try to set my profile from private to public :
this message appears:

Our apologies. Something went wrong.

Your ticket was not submitted.

While in notification, IT says your profile is set to public, BUt actually it is not public. 

Please help resolve this issue. 

Hi Faisal,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
lovelyk2135
Community Member

I requested for my profile to be visible again but it's been 4 hours already and nothing happened, and in my requests it says "solved" but it wasn't, please help!

Hi Khadidja,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been reset. You can check this help article to learn why it can go private.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f_jafarov
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support!

I am new on this platform even though my account was created quite some time ago, I recently decided to use upwork for freelancing. I am seeing an issue with my profile that after I tried changing my Profile Visibility to Public it kept on bouncing back to Private, and after one point I decided I will just change it to Upwork Users only and after this my profile visibility was set to Locked Private.. I do not understand what the problem is and now it seems like I do not have the option to change it, it is really disappointing as I was seeing some really interesting projects which I could be part of. Can you please set my profile visibility to Public ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhad, 

I've reset your profile visibility back to public. Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than two years, while profiles of new freelancers who haven't earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Note that even if your profile is private, you can still send a proposal to jobs you're interested in, and the client will receive it on their end with no issues. 

~ Avery
Upwork
57f3595d
Community Member

Why was my profile set to private?

Hi Najeeb,

Thank you for your message. To help keep the marketplace thriving and vibrant for everyone, we occasionally change a profile from public to private. This helps boost your visibility when you’re active and reduce the notifications you get when you’re not. It also helps keep results relevant for clients. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
atiqa_d
Community Member

My account has been private. Please help me.

Hi Atiqa,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. So, I am applying now for more jobs. Now can I have an availability badge on my profile? 

Thanks

Alam

Hi Md Shah,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to “public”. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you.

cb9316c8
Community Member

Hi! I've created a new account on Upwork. I want to keep its visibility public, but it's still private. What to do? please help.

Hi Romma,

I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. For future reference, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article. A gentle reminder, Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths