🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818
celgins
Community Member

I can see your profile; currently, it is not set to Private.

Upwork automatically changes your profile to Private if:

• You’re an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more

• You’re a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days

You can still submit proposals to jobs and you can also ask Upwork to make your profile public again.

coolpillows
Community Member

I was doing work here back when it was Elance and haven't been back in a bunch of years until about a month ago. I got busy again and been sending in TONS of proposals but haven't procured any work. But I just received notice that my status was set to "private" because I haven't been working. Seriously?? I've submitted 58 proposals and currently have one gig I'm still negotiating to procure that. This is not exactly what I need at this time. How do I get back to public? 

Few years ago they started privating profile that don't earn anything for some amount of time. You need to either get the freelancer plus subscription or write to the support so they enable it for 30 days.

Yeah... Upwork says it will automatcially change your profile from public to private if:

• You’re an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more

• You’re a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days

You may have to request it be set back to public. Read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button.

Hi Lee, 

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what others have shared regarding your profile's visibility. I took the liberty to reset it and it should now be public. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi

Thanks Luiggi. I'm not sure why this happened though. I hope it stays public. I'm negotiating some jobs but haven't nailed anything quite yet and it would be a shame to see it go private while I'm still active. 

Community Member

Hi there,  My profile was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

6d47e3aa
Community Member

Hey there my account is private please help me to public my account.Thanks!

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Atiqa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is set to Public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
kim-madatyan
Community Member

Hi) I am having the same issue with my profile, can you help me to set it public again so that I can change my availability badge on? 
Thanks

Hi Kima,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your profile visibility is already set to public. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hi there,

My profile was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

kim-madatyan
Community Member

Hi) I am having the same issue with my profile, can you help me to set it public again so that I can change my availability badge on? 
Thanks

Hi Kima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is set to Public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie))

44e9026a
Community Member

Locked private Profile

Hi, Can you please set my profile to the public?

e4f8956b
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the deactivation of my Upwork account. I understand that my account has been deactivated due to my inactivity in sending proposals and earning on the platform. However, I want to inform you that the reason for my inactivity was due to the EID festival and personal commitments that required my attention.

Now that the festival is over, I am fully focused and ready to resume my work on the Upwork platform. I believe that Upwork provides a great opportunity for freelancers like me to showcase their skills and connect with clients from around the world. I am eager to take advantage of this opportunity and contribute to the success of the platform.

Therefore, I request you kindly reactivate my account so that I can continue my work on Upwork. I assure you that I will be actively sending proposals and completing projects to the best of my abilities.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Ibrahim

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I can confirm that your account is still active. I have reset the profile and the visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

91e24d0a
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earned until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sadia,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea

I am also getting private profile visibility. kindly make it public.

Hi Faraz,

I went ahead and reset your profile visibility. It should now be public. 

~ Luiggi
655be748
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi...

ac70909f
Community Member

Hello,

I saw my profile is on provate mode although I am continuously bidding on projects and trying to earn some how.
Please bring my profile on public mode.

Thanks

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syed,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths