🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

Hi Phil,

Please note that If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. I can also see that there are several support tickets that have been set up with your request. 

I can confirm that your profile has been set back to Public Status. You can check out this help article to learn why it can go private. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
buckeyedesign
Community Member

Thank you Arjay for letting me know.  

Sorry about the repetition.  I was reminded from Upwork to notify Upwork if after 4 hours my profile is not live.  
I will now keep myself busy and stay out of trouble!  Thank you again!  🙂 

Nice to know where to find help.  Thank you again!  
Phil

cosmoscontents
Community Member

Hello Andrea, please I'll love to know if my profile is set at private

Hi Arowolo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is set to public. You can check this by going to this page, and you'll find this information on the right-side panel of the page as shown below:

759e32fa_0-1675524596089.png

~ AJ
Upwork
f3dc2844
Community Member

Hi there, 
My account was kept private kindly help to unlock to public,Thank you

Hi Nelum,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
174f2c8f
Community Member

Hi

Please help!! My account has just turned to private right now even though I have been very active on it lately and applying for jobs. This is very urgent please so that clients who are interested in my proposal can view my profile, this is urgent.

Thank you.

Hi Chantal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6d47e3aa
Community Member

Hi there! My account have been private please help me.

Hi Atiqa,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
3bf1e084
Community Member

My profile visibility is in private & even after earning recenty, I am not able to turn the visibility to public. Can you help me to change my profile visibility to public?

Hi Ugyen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ AJ
Upwork
hassanborong
Community Member

Hello there.
could you please public my account?

Thanks

563e8656
Community Member

So, i've started using UpWork since last year and have plenty of friends who use it, I've been able to connect with a couple of clients and even got some letters for potential job offers. 

Recently this changed, my profile was set to private and can't be seen neither by freelancers nor by clients. Funny thing is UpWork tells me I need to get clients in order to reactivate my profile, but I can't get clients if my profile is private. So, which way is it UpWork? Is it any way for me to fix this so I can get a job or should I just delete my UpWork profile and forget all about it?

sajal36
Community Member

You can raise the ticket to upwork to mark your profile as public. However you should be still able to submit proposal and client can see your profile. Please refer below link for making your profile public again.

Profile Changed to "Private" 

d78c9880
Community Member

Hello pls i can't on my visibility 

saimamunawar
Community Member

my profile view has changed to private please make it public 

kusal4978
Community Member

My profile visibility is in "Private" mode. I need to change it to Public. But in is not possible. May I know why is that?

Hi Kusal,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than two years, while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
50ba5ae1
Community Member

hi,

can someone check my profile and guide me as it shows 'locked private', how to change it?

regards,

sidra 

Hi Sidra,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
adb74f80
Community Member

Hi Shyam,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
waseem-saleem
Community Member

My profile is set to private please me out of this. Give a solution.

meerghous
Community Member

my. profile visibility ios set to private whilke i am sending propsals.please fix this issue

Hi Meer,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
f165ed5b
Community Member

Please kindly help me to set my profile to allow people see what I do. Thanks.

Hi Muyideen,

Thanks for reaching out. I've set your profile visibility to public.

I've also pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
intoy1991
Community Member

Hey Fam! I need a bit of help here, my satisfied client ended a contract for some personal reason and created a new "client" account in Upwork. He said he couldn't find me on Upwork any longer and that my profile was set to private. Any updates or facts about this? This will be a big help and give me peace of mind, no doubt! 

To add, im paying an extra amount of dollars to be in "freelancer plus" to avoid this from happening. 

Any thoughts? Upwork? 

Something does not seem right about your client. If your client could no longer find you on Upwork, how did the client know the profile was set to Private?

As long as you set your profile to Public, clients and other Freelancers should be able to see you. When I search for your profile, it shows fine. I can see your JSS and your Top Rated Plus status.

Attached document, Clark. 

He is trying to rehire me but his surprised to see its set to private, he sent me that screenshot, btw. 

Hi Jan Aurel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you already updated your profile visibility. Feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
8c4bc998
Community Member

Hi Peeps,

What could be wrong with my profile? The visibility shows a locked private profile and people cant see the profile when I share my link. Somebody should come to my rescue pls.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you already updated your profile visibility. Feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
saimamunawar
Community Member

my profile visibility has changed as private how to make it public .Please guide

Saima,

Please go to your Settings and change from Private to Public. If that doesn't work, then Upwork is waiting for you to receive your a new client and then makes visible to non clients. Have a wonderful day!

04d406a7
Community Member

Hi i hope you people will be doing good. I recently joined Upwork and trying to get work but there's an issue with my Profile Availability Badge.

And when I'm trying to Turn on the Badge it's says you can't turn it on because your profile is set to private or unavailable.

Can you please Help me out with this? 

Screenshot_20230214-223118.jpg

Screenshot_20230214-223134.jpg

Screenshot_20230214-224212.jpg

Hi Saeed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that your profile visibility has been reset back to Public Status. Can you please try turning your availability badge on again? Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths