🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

Hi Faraz,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie Jane

Thanks for your support, Its works.

ab3e491d
Community Member

Hello,
I notice that my profile is set to private and if i want to change it to public it dont allow me to save the changes. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Go to upwork support and texted to set the profile public 

Hi Habib U,

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Go to this link and set your profile public 

Thanks for your guidance

Hi Habib,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for your support

mubbasher_aiub
Community Member

Hi,

Can any help me, my Upwork account has been private, how can I make it public?

Hi Mubbasher,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Go to this link and set your profile public

d3553fbd
Community Member

I would like to request to make my Upwork account public, as it is currently set to private. This will help me increase my visibility and attract more clients to my profile. Can you please assist me with this request? Thank you for your help

Hello Nikalo S,

I would like to request to make my Upwork account public, as it is currently set to private. This will help me increase my visibility and attract more clients to my profile. Can you please assist me with this request? Thank you for your help

Hi Ibrahim,

~ AJ
Upwork
zionhunt
Community Member

Hello Annie 

I'm having the same issue, I'd like if you can help.make my profile public, so I can switch on my availability badge.

Thanks in anticipation

zionhunt
Community Member

Please Annie I'm having the same issue.

I set it as unavailable over a year ago when I had a divided attention...but now I'm ready to focus on getting gigs 

And I have been having issue setting it back to available for weeks.

It will be so wonderful if you can help .

Hi Zion,

~ AJ
Upwork
devanalyst
Community Member

The following statement is BULL**bleep**:  "To help keep the marketplace thriving and vibrant for everyone, we occasionally change a profile from public to private." To auto change a profile to private has got to be the stupidist idea ever. It's just a big 'o pain in the ass for us Freelancers to deal with that crapfest.

Please see the reasons why your profile is converted to private : https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

So if you are inactive, upwork is taking your profile to private so that it doesn't appear in search results. So that when a client finds someone within search results its more likely that this is an active freelancer. Why do you think this is a problem? You can still submit proposals and get hired. After you get hired you can turn your profile back to public.

I have the same problem. I have been on this platform a few months and have been actively applying. I have not gotten ANY responses even though I have 20 years of experience, AND Upwork keeps turning off my profile even when I have connects. My profile is completely updated 100%. Is this a scam to keep getting us to buy connects? Help me understand please.

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback here in the Community. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

Additionally, as a freelancer your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) You may want to check this help article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f51d8bc6
Community Member

Hi, 

My account has been set to locked private, How can I public it now?

Hi Insaf,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
f51d8bc6
Community Member

Thank you so much Andrea G.

e324cf98
Community Member

My account has been private. Someone help me how can i public it again?

Hi Jamilla,

~Andrea
Upwork
nonny2
Community Member

Does Upwork support new freelancers? I have been using all my connections to even set my profile to the public. I do not think it is fair for Upwork to set someone's profile to private just because they do not have connections and have never gained a client.

Hi Naomi,

We certainly understand your concern and we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback here in the Community. I have checked your account and can confirm that your profile visibility has been set back to Public Status. We highly suggest you check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
6a855d38
Community Member

Hello there:

I have submittes a lot of proposals but I won only one project.

Besides this my profile has been set to private .

Now what should I do to make my profile Public?

Hi Shifa,

~Andrea
Upwork
usmanzafar123
Community Member

I made my profile some 6 to 7 yeras back but did not use it. Now I am actively using it for freelancing. my question is whether I should make a new profile or use previous one? Does it impact the chances of getting work?

usmanzafar123
Community Member

Hi!

My account is set to private. Please help me make it public

Hi Usman,

Your profile visibility has been reset to public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
gardenia3021
Community Member

Hello,

I recently got hired by a client, then after two weeks, I got no message from them. I realize that my profile became private and no matter what I do I cannot change it to public. When I try it I get an error message. Any help?

Thank you.

Hi Jose Luis,

I've reset your profile visibility and it should now be public. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
waseemkhan534
Community Member

Please resolve this issue and set my profile's visibility as public.

You should be able to set your profile to Public here.

If that does not work, read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button.

Hi Waseem,

~ AJ
Upwork
655be748
Community Member

I am facing this problem, my account was public but after some time its turn to private again? what can be the problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths