🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

Unfortunately my profile again automatically set to private..

655be748_1-1681326562496.png

Can anybody make it permantly to public. As I am facing too much problem.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c3a326b44359a607?viewMode=1

Hi Faraz,

I took a closer look at your profile and I can confirm that it's been set back to Public Status. Please note that once you start earning again on Upwork, your profile visibility will be automatically reset or you can ask us to reset it here at any time. Alternatively, you can subscribe to a Freelancer Plus membership to ensure that your profile visibility is never set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
celgins
Community Member

I can see your profile:

celgins_0-1681050217920.png

655be748
Community Member

Thanks for your reply, but you are a member of upworks thats why you can see my profile.

655be748
Community Member

Thanks...

655be748
Community Member

Its annie Jane B, who can make it public...

Hi Faraz,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your profile visibility is already set to Public.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
655be748
Community Member

Thanks Annie Jane B

81b20d10
Community Member

I finished a job for a client yesterday as around 6pm GMT+1 on Sunday. After the job the client asked for my details so he can paid. Afterwards he claimed he has paid, but told me to pay a service fee for the transaction. After I insisted I'm not supposed to pay the service fee, they didn't reply afterwards and I wasn't paid after commiting my entire day to the job

Hi Enoch,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
tboufford
Community Member

Hi all,

I’m a freelancer on Upwork and I recently noticed that my account has been locked or set to private.

don’t understand why this happened and I would like to know how to fix it.

I have been active on Upwork and I have completed projects with positive feedback. I have also updated my profile and skills regularly. Can someone please explain why my account is locked/set to private and what I need to do to restore it?

Thank you.

Hi Tyler,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public status. Please note that profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than two years, while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a4d3b411
Community Member

Hi Raheem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that your profile visibility is set to public. Feel free to reach out if you have additional concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
956f749f
Community Member

my profile has been set to private,  please kindly make it public. 

Hi Dhameliya,

I can see that you've already submitted a couple of requests with resetting your profile visibility and I can confirm that it's been set back to Public Status. 

A gentle reminder for future reference, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We would appreciate your patience and understanding while we take care of your concerns. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ziaul1982
Community Member

my account has been suspended. Please help me

Hi Ziaul,

I can see that you've raised a ticket and been in contact with our Support Team about your concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your case and you will be getting an update on this page or your email once done. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by updating your ticket and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1e14e02b
Community Member

Hello, my profile visibility is set to private. I can not change it to public. When I select the "Public" option the save option does not turn green. Because of this I also can not change my active now status.
Attaching the Screenshots how it is appearing.
Please tell me what to do.

This is how it is set now.This is how it is set now.When I select the Public option save buttion does not turn green and I can not save itWhen I select the Public option save buttion does not turn green and I can not save it

celgins
Community Member

An Upwork Moderator may chime in soon and help you.

In the meantime, read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button to see if that speeds up the process.

1e14e02b
Community Member

Thanks, this worked.
655be748
Community Member

The link provided by the Nikola is working, You can reset it to public...

-Faraz

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

My Profile status has been set to private. Whereas, I submitted & won many Proposals. 

Kindly, make my Profile status to public.

Regards

Romel R

Hi Romel,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now. You may want to check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hasher017
Community Member

HI,

My profile is locked I don't exactly know why I just received my first order. It says "

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

"

how can I revert it back to the public? 

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
hussain_munawar
Community Member

My profile visibility has changed to private please guide how to make it public

Click on the Upwork logo in the upper left. Then click on the "Pen" button next to "Profile Visibility" in the right column. From this section, you can set your profile visibility by clicking the "Public" button.

yunusozbucak

Hi Munawar,

I took a closer look at your account and can confirm that your profile visibility has been set back to public. A gentle reminder though, for future reference please avoid creating several tickets for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e8017396
Community Member

Upwork has private my profile visibility. They are saying that I am not working with any client and that I am a non-active person but I am too much active in Upwork. Please tell me how can I back my profile visibility to the public.

Hi Kartik,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Your profile visibility is set to Public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
5447b81e
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

Hi Maryam,

Your profile visibility has been reset as requested.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aa9a6f04
Community Member

This is not fair my profile just goes to private by upwork because i have not earn money yet .i am new to upwork .this is not my fault that no one is giving me project because i am new i cant force to any one to give me even i am sending proposal daily but what have upwork done with my profile is just out of understand.

celgins
Community Member

I can see your profile; currently, it is not set to Private.

Upwork automatically changes your profile to Private if:

• You’re an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more

• You’re a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days

You can still submit proposals to jobs and you can also ask Upwork to make your profile public again.

coolpillows
Community Member

I was doing work here back when it was Elance and haven't been back in a bunch of years until about a month ago. I got busy again and been sending in TONS of proposals but haven't procured any work. But I just received notice that my status was set to "private" because I haven't been working. Seriously?? I've submitted 58 proposals and currently have one gig I'm still negotiating to procure that. This is not exactly what I need at this time. How do I get back to public? 

Few years ago they started privating profile that don't earn anything for some amount of time. You need to either get the freelancer plus subscription or write to the support so they enable it for 30 days.

Yeah... Upwork says it will automatcially change your profile from public to private if:

• You’re an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more

• You’re a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days

You may have to request it be set back to public. Read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button.

Hi Lee, 

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what others have shared regarding your profile's visibility. I took the liberty to reset it and it should now be public. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths