🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
Afsana K Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,823 REPLIES 1,823
Efeoghene O Community Member

Check for Upwork Support and follow the prompts.https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Naomi,

I checked, and it looks like you've already requested resetting your profile visibility. I want to confirm that your profile visibility is now set to public. You may log into your account to check. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Alexander K Community Member

Hello, support.
My profile has been locked (Locked Private), and I can't unlock it with the link. Can someone help me?
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018aa4f4bc2c0e056a?viewMode=1

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Dawid S Community Member

Hi all,

my profile has been set to private and I seem not to have option of unlocking it myself. Tried the link in help article but it does nothing.

Could you please set my profile to public again?

Thank you in advance,

Dawid

Uzair S Community Member

Hi There,

My profile is locked to private. Would you please make it public?

Thanks.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Uzair and Dawid,

I've reset both of your profiles back to public. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Samson A Community Member

Hello Upwork Community, I need help in setting my Upwork profile back to public. I was away for quite some time but now I'm back to work. I'll really appreciate it if my profile can be made public, thanks in advance!

Nahid Hasan N Community Member

It’s easy. You can do it from your profile setting 😊

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Samson,

Your profile visibility has been updated.

~ AJ
Upwork
Walid M Community Member

Hello Sir/Madam,

My Upwork profile is currently set to private, can you please help me to make my profile public? 

Regards,

Walid

Joylyne D Community Member

try to go to your profile then go to setting 

Ganiu M Community Member

Follow this “Reset My Profile Visibility and follow the instructions, you can also read the article to learn how to avert such in the future.

Anas A Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

My name is Anas Ahmad, and I am reaching out to request assistance with my Upwork account, which is currently set to private.

I am encountering some issues related to the privacy settings on my account and would appreciate your guidance in resolving this matter. I am unable to access certain features or settings, and I believe that your support is essential to help me rectify this situation.

If possible, could you please review the privacy settings associated with my account and provide instructions on how I can adjust them to my preferences? Additionally, if there are any technical issues on your end, I would be grateful for your expertise in resolving them.

Ensuring the proper functionality of my Upwork account is crucial for my continued engagement on the platform, and I am confident that with your assistance, we can address and resolve this matter promptly.

Thank you for your attention to this request. I look forward to your timely response and appreciate your dedication to maintaining a seamless experience for Upwork users.

Best regards,

Anas Ahmad

Upwork Profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c2612a82dd2d5a3e

Email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Other Email:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Mary W Community Member

We are all freelancers here on the Forum.  You need to contact customer service 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Anas,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Some content from your post has been removed for Community Guidelines. Please avoid posting email content, chat transcripts, or other private communication.

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Emmanuel I Community Member

Hello there, please my upwork profile was set to private, I need help reseting it to public. Thanks for your help. 

Joanne P Moderator

Your profile visibility has been reset to public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mks T Community Member

Hi,
I'm trying to reach out to the support team by email at "support@upwork.com" but I can not. Also I tried to submit a new ticket but I could not find it anywhere. The chatbot repeats the same thing again and again for 5 days which is neither helpful. Sorry.

Can you create a ticket for me  or the best way to contact  support directly.

Thanks, 

Mks Tamin

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mks,

I'm sorry you're having trouble contacting support. Can you please share more details about the issue you're trying to contact them about? We'll be happy to assist you further and escalate it if necessary. 

~ Luiggi
Mks T Community Member

My profile is set to private. I want to make it public. But I can not do this. The the visibility dropdown is not work for me. I try "Reset My Profile Visibility" several time. It's does not work too.

Hi Mks,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

~ AJ
Upwork
Mks T Community Member

A big thanks 

SJ D Community Member

Your profile is set to private so you can't boost. Set your profile to public to continue.

Hi SJ,

Your profile visibility is not set to public. You may now turn on your availability badge.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths