🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
acda4043
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,823 REPLIES 1,823

Please help, I found this on my mail. I applied to a few jobs, but nothing happened. Tried to reset via reset button, still the same. #Moderator

Resume earning to reset your profile

Hi,
We noticed you have not been working through Upwork lately.
To improve clients' search results, and show them more freelancers who are available, we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs. Your profile will not be seen by clients unless you submit proposals for their jobs.
It will automatically become public again when you resume earning through Upwork. You can also contact Upwork Support for help.

Hi Valentina,

I would be happy to help, I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a2d90181
Community Member

Thank you, NikolaS for your help. Everything is good😘

queenmeranda
Community Member

I'm stuck in a loop. My profile is locked private and when I click the link in the support center, it just reroutes me to how to make a profile public. Every link I click just reroutes, there's no submitting a ticket or chatting with a 'bot' for help. If my profile is private, I feel like that's hindering my ability to be found and make money here. How can I connect with a person who can unlock my profile?

I had the same problem. I contacted Upwork and they made my account Public.

Hi Meranda,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble reaching our support team. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ec013468
Community Member

Please friend, my profile is changed to private, please help me make it public

Hi Edo,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
olegfedorov
Community Member

Hi ,my account has been set to private kindly assist me to reset to public,thanks.

Reset Profile Visibility not working

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private
Try this link. Click on "Reset My Profile Visibility"
Your profile will be back to Public in the next 4 hours after the profile visibility has been reset.

You can ping me anytime with any query.

Best Of Luck. 

Good afternoon, I already tried, it did not help. The post does not come, and the profile does not reset

Please do it again and let me know after 4 Hours.

Thank you, I was unlocked. Tell me why I myself could not lose visibility?

Hi Oleg,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
faf97918
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community,

I have trouble with turning my profile visibility to public, I don't have unfortunately access to turn it back on and I don't find a direct way to communicate with the support team. Could someone help me turn my profile visibility to public again?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours 

Walid M.

Hi Walid,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bb283ec0
Community Member

Hi there, my account is on private could you make it public?

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
633adf12
Community Member

I can't change my profile from private to public?

Hi Harsh,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Please log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
adbertram
Community Member

My profile is on locked private for some reason and I see no way to change it myself. Can someone from Upwork please make it public for me?

Hi Adam,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
37d0b57b
Community Member

Hey there!
My profile was set to private. could you please make it public?
Thank you!

Hi Ali,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths