🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
a8042492
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi Team,

Please help me. My profile has been locked and private and dont know how and now i cant make it public.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

212 REPLIES 212

Hi Pradeep,

It is fixed, thank you for your help

Bakhtiyor

Hi Pradeep, my profile turned to private again, can you help me to make it visible again? I couldn't do it myself

Hi Bakhtiyor,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mujtaba001
Community Member

Please set my profile to public as it is private now. Here is my profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015782c44eaa0c7a38?nav_dir=pop

Hi Muhammad Ali,

We checked and can confirm that your profile is set to public. Please log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
93f8fd28
Community Member

Help me support member

Hi Zaheer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been reset to public. If you need to adjust it again in the future, you can check out this helpful article for guidance.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~Ronna
sulochana7
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,

I haven't yet got the project closed but client activity and proposal submission are active, my profile got private visibility from the public. I can't get it fixed.

please help me in making it public.

thanks 

Hi Sulochana,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your profile visibility has been updated. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
keith_delann
Community Member

Hi, Can you please set my profile to public?

Hi Robe Ann,

Your profile is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
watraders
Community Member

I am going insane here, I have been trying to get my profile visibilty to change from prviate to public for at least two weeks now and i have tried hard to get in touch with the support team but the AI chat based keeps going in the loop.

1. I don't see any scroll down menu on the profile settings page to change my profile visibility from private to public, 

2. I have tried logging out, logging in, clearing cookies / caches, using incognito mode, to change that and it still doesn't help.

i am stranded and unable to do anything, 

can someone please help me fix this? 

Hi Waqas,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges you faced while changing your profile visibility and the trouble you experienced reaching our support team. I will be happy to assist you with this matter.

I checked your profile and I am pleased to inform you that the profile visibility is changed to Public now. You should be able to turn on the availability badge now. Should you have any additional questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

- Pradeep

Upwork
watraders
Community Member

I have spent weeks, tryign to get in touch with the support team to get my locked profile issue fixed. i don't get a scroll down menu to make my profiel visbility from private to public and i have also tried logging out and in and even refreshed and changed browsers, used incognito mode and nothing helped until i created my first post here on the forum. 
then all of a sudden miraculously  my profile locked status was public and they even charged 14 connects to make the available badge on...

i hve spent over 300 connects in last 5 days to submit proposals and all of a sudden today,, within less than 24 hours the profiel is locked again for e being in active for over 90 days! .. this sucks 
is there no one i could speak to about the issue. the 14 connects per week just got wasted. 

Hello Waqas,

I'm sorry for any frustration your profile visibility settings may have caused you. I see that you're currently set as an exclusive member of your agency. As such, you can only update your profile visibility directly from the agency context of your account. You can edit the privacy settings of every freelancer in your agency and yours through the Agency Roster page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fecf13a6
Community Member

Dear Team,
My profile is locked to Private. Request you to make it public.
Thanks & Regards

Bharat P

Hi Bharat,

I checked and can confirm that your profile is not set to private. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
haze_lucida
Community Member

Hi. Please help my profile is still set to private. Thank you.

Hi Hazel,

I can confirm that your profile visibility is already set to public. You can always update it yourself by going to your Profile Settings page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
825fbf6e
Community Member

Dear Team,

Please make my profilel public from private.

So that my profile can be viewed publicly.

Thanks

Ghanshyam

I am not able to update my profile

Dear Team,

I am not able to update my profile. Please help me.

Thanks,

Sramana

Hi Sramana,

Could you please clarify your concern? If you're having trouble completing your profile, you may want to try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using a different browser.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0a4e4114
Community Member

Hi,

Clearing the browser actually helped me. Now I am able to update my profile. I have a question, I did not receive my free connects yet. Please help me on that.

Thanks,

Sramana

Hi Ghanshyam,

I checked and can confirm that your profile is not set to private. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths