🐈
» Forums » Support » Malaysian. No TIN as I have no income as a fr...
Page options
6ff3ac7d
Community Member

Malaysian. No TIN as I have no income as a fresh graduate.

Hi. I'm trying to update my withdrawal method and Upwork claims that I have to update my tax information.

However, as a Malaysian fresh graduate, I don't have any income yet, and I'm only looking for side hustles on Upwork. I have been told by a tax accountant that I won't be able to apply for TIN if I don't have income. Can someone please guide me through this process on how should I update my tax information?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Zun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
da52cdaa
Community Member

Hi, I'm also having the same problem. Please advise me on this matter, thank you.

Hi Nur Arif Qhairunni,

I've shared your concern with our support team and raised a support ticket to give this the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members from one of members on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
573ce729
Community Member

Hi, I have a similar problem too.

I have referred to this website, https://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/crs-implementation-and-assistance/tax-identification-num..., and its stated that NRIC number can be used for TIN, is it true, please advise, thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dollicia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While we appreciate your reference to the website, we strongly recommend consulting with a tax professional or legal advisor for specific guidance on tax identification numbers (TINs) in your country.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding TINs or any other aspect of using Upwork, please feel free to let us know. We're here to help!

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths