🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork MPESA delay
Page options
b6785031
Community Member

Mpesa payment delayed

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 33 hours and I haven't received any money. Mpesa said that the issue is on your side that they can only follow up if Upwork was given a transaction reference number by them. Kindly assist.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

450 REPLIES 450

Hi Lingston,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
njau-yvonne
Community Member

Hi can anyone help me with , I withdrew funds to my mpesa account and haven't received them yet , I have never had delay issues with mpesa tried contacting the mpesa customer services they say they haven't received any funds but got an email notification that my transaction was completed  

Hi Yvonne,

In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and the funds are still not reflected in your account, please let us know 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, It has been past 24 hours, and I still haven't received the funds yet. Can you please advise on that?

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your message. In most cases, your M-Pesa withdrawals transfer immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, as I said earlier, I already contacted the Mpesa team. They said they haven't received any funds of such, and I should follow up with the sender.

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Is Upwork really working on this issue. Will the withdrawal charges be refunded?

a78d9a4d
Community Member

How long should mpesa transaction take because i am disappointed already. 

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support ticket here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. For the time being, you may want to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a78d9a4d
Community Member

Hello, the transaction was returned with status rejected by bank, what annoys me more is that the amount is less transaction fee which was deducted on first trial.

Now again after trying again i am charged another fee which not sure if transaction will go through.

What is like seriously happening here.

hiram-kamau
Community Member

Anyone from Kenya experiencing Upwork to MPESA delays?

I initiated the withdrawal today and I'm yet to receive the funds in my MPESA wallet.

However from its side Upwork has finished processing that payment.

Concerned,

Hiram K.

Yes, experiencing the same. Going into 3 hrs now.

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello people is anyone else experiencing delayed payments from Upwork to M-pesa?

Ok

Hi Irene, I am... been wondering if my account is the issue but I'm relieved to see your post.
Might you know what the issue is?

I have experienced the same issue. Waiting for answers from Upwork. 

I honestly don't know what's happening.. But if you are from Kenya. Maybe the introduction of VAT tax could be what is causing the delay. It's the first time  experiencing this issue. 

I am experiencing a delay. It's quite frustrating, as there was no notice. 

Yes, experiencing the same issue.

I just finished talking to Mpesa and they said I should talk with the organization that sent the money. I'm not sure where the problem is it's been more than 24hrs

I am having a slightly similar issue where there was an unauthorized withdrawal to my M-Pesa account. I have a ticket already but will you guys be able to reverse it on your end?

Hi Peter, 

I shared your query with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket to assist you further. 

Please allow more time for our team to review your case  and advise you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey, how long did it take for the transaction to reflect. I'm currently facing the same issue and it's been 48 hours for me

82d8e1cf
Community Member

Kindly help I have withdrawn via mpesa but I am yet to receive my payment 

f63510d8
Community Member

Kindly assist release my Payments it is now more than 24 hours since I requested the Payment

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
omwera
Community Member

Hi, I have withdrawn funds from Upwork to Mpesa, but the funds haven't reflected please help

Hi Kennedy,

In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and the funds are still not reflected in your account, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie

As per my payment schedule, Upwork processed my payment via Mpesa and notified me via email that it was successful. This was done on 17th May 2023. 

It has been a week now and yet I haven't received my money. Is there a problem with Mpesa payments? It has been listed by Upwork as one of the accepted payment methods. This is frustrating as I depend on this work to sustain me and for a week to pass by with no money reflecting in my Mpesa number, it isn't fair.

Help on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Hi Christoper, has your issue been solved? I too used to receive my salary instantly but today its now 6 hours and nothing is in my Mpesa wallet.

Even me I am facing the same issue of payment rejected and had money for transactions deducted already and have been using mpesa since i started using upwork

opondoh
Community Member

Hello, 

Anyone experience issues with Upwork Mpesa? I have not received the payment confirmation email after 5 hours.

Hi Hillary,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to the M-Pesa withdrawal initiated today, please note that your M-Pesa withdrawal should be processed instantly in most situations. However, sometimes it may take up to 24 hours. Feel free to respond to the support ticket initiated on your account for the same issue if you do not receive funds after 24 hours.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
chrisndungu254
Community Member

Hello all,

As per my payment schedule, Upwork processed my payment via Mpesa and notified me via email that it was successful. This was done on 17th May 2023. 

It has been a week now and yet I haven't received my money. Is there a problem with Mpesa payments? It has been listed by Upwork as one of the accepted payment methods.

Clarification on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, I'm yet to raise a ticket regarding the same issue.
Please assist, I made my withdrawal yesterday from Upwork to Mpesa, but the funds haven't been reflected on Mpesa. I did receive the email confirmation.

Thank you.

Did you receive your payment?

No I haven't

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths