🐈
» Forums » Support » Mpesa payment delayed
Page options
b6785031
Community Member

Mpesa payment delayed

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I received an email stating that my weekly payment had been processed and that funds was transferred to my Mpesa account, its been more than 33 hours and I haven't received any money. Mpesa said that the issue is on your side that they can only follow up if Upwork was given a transaction reference number by them. Kindly assist.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hiram and Kunule,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your M-Pesa withdrawal. Usually, your payment is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

450 REPLIES 450
paulowuor
Community Member

Kindly help me get my money into account . I withdrawn money from my acount but untill this time it has reached into my account.

Hi Paul,

Please refer to the information our team has shared on your ticket with the number 32243380. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
berrykim
Community Member

I withdrew funds from Upwork to my Mpesa account 30 minutes ago. There is a receipt but I have not received the money on my phone. What could be the problem?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beatrice,

In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, please know that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If more than 24 hours pass, please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
ashleypeters10
Community Member

I withdrew some money on Jan 26, 2022. The money never hit my account, despite Upwork deducting it from my Upwork balance. 

The reference ID for the transaction is 447481951.

It is so frustrating that there is NO WAY to contact support directly about the issue (raise a direct ticket) so I have to ask here. 

Is the money lost? Is there a chance I will still get it? 

Dear Goran. 

When you tell him to let you know, how is he supposed to contact you? Here? 

I have the same problem, and I need help. I cannot find a way to raise a ticket, and have to post it here, somehow. Is that how getting help from support is designed to work? 

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
enock-monyancha
Community Member

Hello, I made a withdrawal to mobile but up to now i haven't received the amount its over 24hrs.

You don't seem to have a contract. Do you have another account?

i have direct contracts

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Enock,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
kelvintac
Community Member

Kindky help, I have withdrawn twice and am yet to receive my funds from yesterday.

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for reaching out. The transfer of money from your Upwork account to M-Pesa is handled by a third party and you’ll typically receive your payment within one business day. However, due to our partner’s hours of operation, M-Pesa transactions are not processed on weekends or banking holidays. If more than two business days have passed and you still have not received your payment, please contact us and we’ll be happy to look into the matter.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
lizmwai2020
Community Member

Anytime i try withdrawing funds from my upwork account via Mpesa it keeps bring an error that my Mpesa has been disbaled. I re-enable and it gets the same problem again. Worse is everytime they deduct transaction fees. What is happening?

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b23a21d0
Community Member

The amount was over KES 150,000, it has been marked by Upwork as complete but I never received the money.

Hi Ian,

I can see that you've reached out to us regarding your concern and a support ticket has been set up. Please continue communicating with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently. You can access and expect an update on your ticket here once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

hi did you receive your money coz i am also going through the same problem

josphat-rasugu
Community Member

I withdrew money from my Upwork account to MPESA yesterday but I have not yet received the money in my MPESA account. It normally takes few minutes for the money to show in MPESA account but it is now past 25hrs and I have not received the money.

Hi Josphat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The transfer of money from your Upwork account to M-Pesa is handled by a third party and you’ll typically receive your payment within one business day. However, due to our partner’s hours of operation, M-Pesa transactions are not processed on weekends or banking holidays. If more than two business days have passed and you still have not received your payment, please contact us and we’ll be happy to look into the matter.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

It's now three business days, I have not received the money. Please help.

Hi Josphat,

Thanks for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
brenda-namulinda
Community Member

Hello team i have sent money to MPESA and i realised i had put a wrong number after sending money can i recieve it back on my upwork account please.

Hello team i need some help, i realised i had put a wrong Mpesa number under payment after sending money how can i get my money back

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
brenda-namulinda
Community Member

Thank you so much Annie.

Community Member

Hi!

Three hours ago, I made a withdrawal request. I am still waiting, my mpesa wallet has not received the money. I need help guys.

Community Member

Hi!

Three hours ago, I made a withdrawal request. I am still waiting, my mpesa wallet has not received the money. I need help guys.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eli,

In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

It has been more than 24 hours and I haven't received the payment. When I contact mpesa , their records have nothing concerning the withdrawal from upwork. I hope the system gets updated, please help.

Hi Eli,

In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. Currently, it is still in process. Kindly check again on Monday and if Mpesa still doesn't have records of the transaction, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Thanks Annie, I will let you know.

Community Member

Hi!,

It's now more than 72 hours, I have not received the money. Mpesa Statement has no withdrawal record of Upwork. Please help.

Hi Eli,

Thank you for your message. In most cases, M-Pesa payment withdrawal is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. If you do not receive funds in the next 24 hours, please contact M-Pesa directly.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep H wrote:

Hi Eli,

Thank you for your message. In most cases, M-Pesa payment withdrawal is transferred immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. If you do not receive funds in the next 24 hours, please contact M-Pesa directly.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Thank you Pradeep, Just note that I have been waiting since Friday morning. What could be holding up the withdrawal, I was told to wait until today. I'm worried.

Community Member

Thank you Pradeep, Just note that I have been waiting since Friday morning. What could be holding up the withdrawal, I was told to wait until today. I'm worried.

Community Member

It has been more than 96 hours now, Mpesa have not received the payment. Please help?

Community Member

It has been more than 96 hours now, Mpesa have not received the payment. Please help?

Community Member

Thanks upwork, I have received the payment.

fd69836b
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, I have failed to create a support ticket concerning my issue. I made a withdrawal request to My Mpesa four days ago. I had a confirmation email regarding the transaction but I have not received the funds. please help. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths