» Forums » Support » Not getting paid after submission of work
Page options
53a59a28
Community Member

Not getting paid after submission of work

Hi 
I hope you are doing well

I have sent the work to client and he has accepted the work as well. But now
Iam not getting paid. I don't know what is the problem. It is my first order on upwork. Please help me in this. Thankyou..

Regards 
Muhammad Hassan Khalil

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
782e39ff
Community Member

Same problem with me. I submitted the document in which i have typed about 50 pages in Ms word and after I submitted the document they are asking me pay to pay $80 for some bull**bleep**. And saying that if you don't pay, you will not get your payment. Such a fraud.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
782e39ff
Community Member

Same problem with me. I submitted the document in which i have typed about 50 pages in Ms word and after I submitted the document they are asking me pay to pay $80 for some bull**bleep**. And saying that if you don't pay, you will not get your payment. Such a fraud.

Hi Sharma,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing experience. I've checked your account and I can't find any contract that's been established with a client. Additionally, please be aware that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. 

I checked on the job post you're referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

We encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. Most importantly, you may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ArjayM

Hi Muhammad Hassan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've checked the job you're referring to and can confirm that the client released the payment for the milestone you submitted last 25- October. Please know that when your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period.

We suggest you read through this help article to learn about getting paid on a fixed-price contract.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths