🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My payment method shows inactive although...
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

862 REPLIES 862
c8cac085
Community Member

How do I contact Upwork to get paid? This is so frustrating!

make sure to active your payment method and you can contact them by this link ; https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Hi Yvette,

I see that you've contacted our support team and raised a support ticket about your concern. I can also confirm that it's been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. We suggest you continue coordinating with the team through that ticket here so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8da6415e
Community Member

after finally putting my information probably the method I put told me it will be active after 3 days, after 3 days it became inactive, I don't know why

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Am unable to withdraw funds into my Payoneer because VAT . Am not not freelancer am only using Upwork to receive payment monthly from my company . Am not a freelancer please activate my withdrawal for me

Hi, Kelenna. 

If you're receiving money from your employer and this happens to be through Upwork, you have to be registered as a freelancer, sole trader or whatever business entity you want to be able to pay taxes in your country. It is illegal not to pay taxes; Upwork knows that, and they are obligated to withhold a portion of your money if you don't have VAT. 

You HAVE to have VAT or GST or whatever the equivalent is in your country to be able to receive monthly payments from your company through Upwork. 

You may not consider yourself a freelancer, but that doesn't change anything. 

Upwork is not a payment platform. You are a freelancer and are subject to all fees related to your earnings.

Hi Kelenna,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and it looks like you need to fill out the W-8BEN form in order for your payment method to become active. By using Upwork as a platform for your payments, Upwork is obligated to collect your Tax Information to prove that you're not a taxpayer in the US, otherwise, you will be subject to their tax. 

Kindly go to this page to enter your tax information.

~ AJ
Upwork
e7c81728
Community Member

Hey Upwork community! I'm facing an issue with withdrawing money from my Upwork account. Every time I try to use my payment method "direct to local bank," it shows as inactive. Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Could you kindly share any insights or solutions to fix this issue? Your help would be greatly appreciated

It is inactive 3 days after edited. Security hold. Is it?

Set up Direct to Local Bank withdrawals

Possibilities To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Upwork cannot accommodate company registrations for TRY and PRK bank accounts. Adding a company bank account may result in failed/rejected withdrawals.

Bro, if I ask you, could you give this post a solution status, please? I need it

Tural Babashov

Despite having taken all the necessary steps, including verifying my tax information and ensuring that my name on Upwork matches that on my bank account, I am still unable to activate the payment method 'direct to local bank.' This has persisted even after I corrected a name mismatch that I initially identified.

I would like to emphasize that I have followed all the guidelines meticulously, and I am puzzled by the continued inactivity of the payment method. It has now been well over 2 weeks since I added the method

Hi Mohamed,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
alyssa-fajardo
Community Member

Hi, 

Can you activate my PayPal account as my payment method. It says inactive.

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and it looks like you need to fill out the W-8BEN form in order for your payment method to become active. By using Upwork as a platform for your payments, Upwork is obligated to collect your Tax Information to prove that you're not a taxpayer in the US, otherwise, you will be subject to their tax. 

Kindly go to this page to enter your tax information.

~ AJ
Upwork
c6c93033
Community Member

I tried to attach to my Visa debit card in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.

I contacted the bank for this issue they told me that they have approved my request a long time ago.but still I am having this.

How can I resolve this issue

Hi Manjur,

Are you referring to a payment method for withdrawing your funds? I can see that you've already added one. It's not active since it's going through a security verification period and should become active in three days.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c6c93033
Community Member

No. I need more assistance. Its still not working. How can i fix it. My banks says they have approved my getways. I want to buy connects.but my debit card is not authorizing. Eevry info was correct order 

Hi Manjur,

I am sorry to learn about the challenges while adding your card as a billing method. Could you please reach out to the bank again to verify the card details and try again? Alternatively, you can try using another card to complete the transaction. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I did contracted with the bank and they said that they approved the gateways. 

Hi Manjur,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Ok

c6c93033
Community Member

And thank you for contacting.

6d8f57f7
Community Member

Hello,

I just completed my first project on Upwork and my client has also
made the payment. Why is it showing no earnings to display for the
selected date range (last 31 days)?

Please clarify and also let me know how to withdraw money. I am an
India based consultant who has also completed the identity check as
required by Upwork.

Sincerely,
Jaideep Chakravarthy

Hi Jaideep,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

In the support ticket it says solved with respect to the ticket opened. But the issue is not solved. To the best of my knowledge no agent has got in touch with me. In transaction history it says pending - why does it say this when I got a message saying that my client has approved the payment. Have I been paid, and moreover how do I withdraw the money. Finding it hard here to work with your website.

Jaideep

Support ticket number is 42170754

Hi Jaideep,

Arjay here stepping in for AJ. I took a closer look at your account and see that you still need to complete your Tax Information. You need to add your Tax Identification number and complete the form to avoid delays in getting paid. You may go to Settings> Tax Information to proceed. Don't hesitate to update your ticket by responding to the email linked to your case if you still need further assistance; it will automatically reopen.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ec738438
Community Member

Hello, I need help. I registered on the platform more than a month ago, and my local bank account remains inactive even after filling out the fee forms, including the W-8BEN.

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I took a closer look at your account and see that you still need to complete your Tax Information. You need to add your Tax Identification number and complete the form to avoid delays in getting paid. You may go to Settings> Tax Information to proceed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4473c71f
Community Member

my PayPal account is inactive 

it has the same name as my Upwork account please help and make it active.

Hi Omar,

I've reached out directly to the team handling your case and shared your concern. One of the members will surely review your case and assist you accordingly via email. You may also expect an update on this page with your support ticket. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
zoaiaaliasif
Community Member

Hi, 
I have added Payoneer as a withdrawal method, which was added successfully but currently, it is appearing as Inactive, it has been 4-5 days since I have added it, and still inactive.

I am a non us resident so do I need to add any tax info?
Do I need to be a  tax filer?

Hi Zoaia,

Yes, I can see that you still need to complete your Tax Information, which is why your payment method is inactive. You can go to Settings > Tax Information to fill out the missing information. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35c42c8d
Community Member

Payment Method Still Inactive for 7 days

Iam Not a US person.

I Do not live in US.

I completed W8 info.

My payment method is Direct to U.S. Bank (WISE)

I opened a support ticket about 3 days ago.

But no answer yet.

Hi Hamed,

I can see that you recently followed up with the team assisting you, and you should hear back from them throughout the day. If not, don't hesitate to let us know; we'll happily follow up with them.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35c42c8d
Community Member

No response from support team yet.

Hi Hamed,

Apologies for the delay as the team assigned to handle your concern is currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Now its 13 days and my payment method (local bank) still inactive

and no response for my support ticket until now.

and why i can not withdraw to paypal account and payments still rejected every time?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths