🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment Method Still Inactive for 7 days
Page options
Zaki M Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

861 REPLIES 861
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Manjur,

I am sorry to learn about the challenges while adding your card as a billing method. Could you please reach out to the bank again to verify the card details and try again? Alternatively, you can try using another card to complete the transaction. 

- Pradeep

Manjur M Community Member

I did contracted with the bank and they said that they approved the gateways. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Manjur,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Ok

And thank you for contacting.

Jaideep C Community Member

Hello,

I just completed my first project on Upwork and my client has also
made the payment. Why is it showing no earnings to display for the
selected date range (last 31 days)?

Please clarify and also let me know how to withdraw money. I am an
India based consultant who has also completed the identity check as
required by Upwork.

Sincerely,
Jaideep Chakravarthy

Hi Jaideep,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

In the support ticket it says solved with respect to the ticket opened. But the issue is not solved. To the best of my knowledge no agent has got in touch with me. In transaction history it says pending - why does it say this when I got a message saying that my client has approved the payment. Have I been paid, and moreover how do I withdraw the money. Finding it hard here to work with your website.

Jaideep

Support ticket number is 42170754

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jaideep,

Arjay here stepping in for AJ. I took a closer look at your account and see that you still need to complete your Tax Information. You need to add your Tax Identification number and complete the form to avoid delays in getting paid. You may go to Settings> Tax Information to proceed. Don't hesitate to update your ticket by responding to the email linked to your case if you still need further assistance; it will automatically reopen.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Bruno H Community Member

Hello, I need help. I registered on the platform more than a month ago, and my local bank account remains inactive even after filling out the fee forms, including the W-8BEN.

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I took a closer look at your account and see that you still need to complete your Tax Information. You need to add your Tax Identification number and complete the form to avoid delays in getting paid. You may go to Settings> Tax Information to proceed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Omar A Community Member

my PayPal account is inactive 

it has the same name as my Upwork account please help and make it active.

Hi Omar,

I've reached out directly to the team handling your case and shared your concern. One of the members will surely review your case and assist you accordingly via email. You may also expect an update on this page with your support ticket. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Zoaia A Community Member

Hi, 
I have added Payoneer as a withdrawal method, which was added successfully but currently, it is appearing as Inactive, it has been 4-5 days since I have added it, and still inactive.

I am a non us resident so do I need to add any tax info?
Do I need to be a  tax filer?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Zoaia,

Yes, I can see that you still need to complete your Tax Information, which is why your payment method is inactive. You can go to Settings > Tax Information to fill out the missing information. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Hamed M Community Member

Payment Method Still Inactive for 7 days

Iam Not a US person.

I Do not live in US.

I completed W8 info.

My payment method is Direct to U.S. Bank (WISE)

I opened a support ticket about 3 days ago.

But no answer yet.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Hamed,

I can see that you recently followed up with the team assisting you, and you should hear back from them throughout the day. If not, don't hesitate to let us know; we'll happily follow up with them.

~ Luiggi
Hamed M Community Member

No response from support team yet.

Hi Hamed,

Apologies for the delay as the team assigned to handle your concern is currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
Hamed M Community Member

Now its 13 days and my payment method (local bank) still inactive

and no response for my support ticket until now.

and why i can not withdraw to paypal account and payments still rejected every time?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Hamed,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your support ticket. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Igor M Community Member

I have a problem with my tax residency. Specifically, related to the TIN (taxpayer identification number).

Now I am in Thailand (but not a resident) and I cannot get my local TIN until next year (more precisely, until next February, as I was told by the local tax office).

All withdrawal methods are currently locked for my account (I have warning about it on my account).

As far as I understand, I can't get my current money without this number until I provide my taxpayer number?

I have next questions:

(1) I have a TIN (PINFL) in another country (in Uzbekistan -- I lived there last year). Can I change my tax residency and use this number?

(2) If I can't do it from here (from Thailand), will I be able to do it if I go to this country (Uzbekistan)?

(3) Will I be able to use it when I return here (to Thailand) again?

(4) Should I use an Uzbekistan bank card to receive my money? (I could not add any of my Uzbekistan bank cards as a withdrawal method to upwork, but I can use one of them as a payment.)

My user id: 1c134592

Hi Igor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Whether you are completing your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E as an individual tax filer or as an entity, you need to ensure that you have a tax address on file first. It looks like you already have and, indeed, completed your tax information. Your new payment method will be active and ready for use in three days. You're all set! Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Rafay I Community Member

Hi, hope so you are doing well. I am working here as freelancer. started my journey recently, got my first client now issue i am facing is that I have linked my Bank account for payment and after three days it didn't get active and also I have completed my tax information.It's still not getting active status.Any help would be appreaciated.

Thank You .

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths