🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment Method Inactive !
Page options
Zaki M Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

861 REPLIES 861
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Abdurakxmon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that the payment method on your profile is yet to be active. It looks like you still haven't filled in the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your agency settings. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings.

Kindly add the required information so you can start receiving earnings from your agency on your chosen payment method.

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Abdurakxmon A Community Member

very grateful to you for such a quick and accurate answer, best regards)

Sorry, one more question, the tax information verification center requires entering a “TIN”, I contacted the tax representative of our country, but he answered me that in our country, in accordance with state law, they do not issue a “TIN”, but there is a “PNFL”, which I what to do in this case?

Hi Abdurakxmon,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you very much for your efforts, you are very kind)

Mehdi E Community Member

Hello, I'm a student and I don't pay taxes yet. My paiement is currently inactive because I have to fill the Tax Identification Number in the Tax information section.And since I don't have one , I don't know what should I fill it with. Can someone please help ?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Mehdi,

I've checked your account and confirmed that you've completed your Tax Information. Also, your payment method is active and ready for use. Looks like you're all set! Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Rajae C Community Member

Hello, I'm also a student and I don't pay taxes yet. My paiement is currently inactive because I have to fill the Tax Identification Number in the Tax information section.And since I don't have one , I don't know what should I fill it with. Can you please tell me what to do?

Hi Rajae,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Anis B Community Member

Hello Mehdi, I'm also a student facing a similar situation as you were. I would love to know how you managed to resolve this issue, please.
Anis

Mehdi E Community Member

Hello, I simply filled the tax identification number with my identity card
number and I was told afterwards that my paiement was active... 😅
Mohammadreza G Community Member

Why I don't have access to submit tickets for agent-based support?!!!!!

"Last week, I connected my PayPal account to my own account, but the get paid section is still not active for me."

Please someone from the support department help me:
1) Why is my account not verified yet?
2) Why can't I send a ticket to the support department?

Hi Mohammadreza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have any support-related questions at all, you can post them here in the Community and we'll be here to offer assistance.

Regarding your concern about your PayPal account not being active, I can see that it is yet to be active. It looks like you still haven't filled in the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your settings. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Without completing this form, you will not be able to withdraw your funds.

Additionally, since you're new to Upwork, I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
AHMED A Community Member

ssss.jpg

Hi ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you still haven't filled in the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your settings. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Without completing this form, you will not be able to withdraw your funds.

Additionally, since you're new to Upwork, I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
AHMED A Community Member

Thank you very much for your help I am grateful

Reshma R Community Member

My withdraw method is via Paypal but it shows inactive. I have filled up the tax infromation. Please Guide me.

Sohail A Community Member

It takes 3 days for a PayPal payment method to become active on Upwork.

This is a security measure to protect both Upwork and its users from fraud. During this time, Upwork will verify the PayPal account and make sure that it is associated with the Upwork account holder.

Once the three-day waiting period has passed, the PayPal payment method will be active and you will be able to withdraw your earnings to it.

Hi Reshma,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket for the team to closely review your account. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sohaib A Community Member

Hi, this is Sohaib.

I updated my bank details on my Profile, which was more than a Week ago. And It's still inactive. I'd already issued a ticket in regard to this 4 Days ago and got a reply from an agent on that very day stating someone will get connect to me within 48 hrs. But never heard again from anyone after that. I'd made emails and comments to this Request but never got a reply after that. As I stated there, I am in a situation and I really to make the payment out ASAP. Can anyone help in this regard? 
Getting Paid 
Thank you so much.

Hi Soahib,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I've checked your account, and it looks like you've been coordinating with the team about your concern, and a support ticket was raised. I've submitted a follow-up to our support team for further review. Kindly expect an update on your ticket here momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Dhea Rizqi A Community Member

I added it about 3 days ago, and I also filled in the tax information until it says "completed". And I'm not a tax payer because I'm still a student, I'm from Indonesia which is non U.S. But until now my payment method is still inactive. I need help, please.

Hi Dhea Rizqi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you still haven't filled in the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your settings. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Without completing this form, you will not be able to withdraw your funds.

~ AJ
Upwork
Marianne V Community Member

Hi,

To be able to receive a salary you need to fill in some documents like the tax declaration.

I do not understand why they keep on saying that my status is disapproved, is there is somebody who can help me...

Hi Marianne,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I can see that further verification needs to be performed by our team to validate your Tax Information. One of our agents will contact you on this page to assist once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths