🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
f56b678b
Community Member

says my phone is in use

Hi Ethan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9cfaee46
Community Member

I keep trying to have a code sent to my phone but it says phone is already in use. I saw another thread where others experienced the same exact issue. One rep said to open the support chat and after a few tries it will give you an option to contact support but it doesn't. I have never worked with Upwork before so Im not sure why it letting me use my own phone number. I dont know what else to do and it's frustrating. 

Can I also get support with this? I have been going in circles trying to submit a ticket and it's next to impossible. It keeps saying that my number is already in use when it's already linked to my account. 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chatrise,

I see that you've successfully verified your phone number. You can now work on your profile completeness and submit proposals to potential clients. Feel free to reach out if you have questions or need advice about your profile. All valued members are welcome here in the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9cfaee46
Community Member

I had to use my secondary phone number. Not the number I have connected to my account

Hi Chatrise,

Sorry to hear that you were unable to use your primary number to complete the phone verification. You can update your phone number anytime in the future. Let us know if you still need assistance with adding your primary phone number.

- Pradeep

Upwork

vmy phone number is connected to my old account which is closed. who do I contact? why is the issue so hard to fix? why is it so hard to contact a human at upwork?

d73a6e04
Community Member

Please help. I was logged in to my account and searching for hires. Then when Itried to log back in I cant' and i cant reset my password. Theres no one to ask no one to call only the chatbot which i cant answer to. PLease help. I was vetting talent and go back to commujnicate with them.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Miriam,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance with logging in to your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
40206c6c
Community Member

I am trying to set up and create an account but getting a message saying phone number is already in use. I have no way to access my previous account. Please help. 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tiffany,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e63d8b69
Community Member

Tried to remove it ,closed my account still cant use my own phone number

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gergo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
26c8152b
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my phone number - a phone number formerly associated with an old deactivated Upwork account - tried verifying with a different number and yielded the following result: "You attempted to check your PIN too many times. Please contact support." 

Hi Heather,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your phone number. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ba6fe6c0
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue.

When I tried to submit an application I got the following message: "Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support."

I really appreciate if you can help me in this regards.

Thanks you

Hi Maryam,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
88c94881
Community Member

I'm having the same issue and can't figure out how to send a help ticket!

Hi Erica,

I'm sorry you're having trouble contacting support about this. We've escalated your Community post into a support ticket. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fa03772a
Community Member

My phone number is already in use, the error says, and cannot complete the registration.

Hi Yuko,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble verifying your phone number. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
07fdcf0b
Community Member

I'm trying to set up and create an account but getting a message saying phone number is already in use. I have no way to access my previous account if I have one. Please help.

Hi Dominic,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
angie797
Community Member

I contacted Upwork previously to close any accounts I had open with my current phone number that I've only had for two years and other email addresses that could have been used with my previous number. After closing all possible other accounts it's still letting me my phone number is already used... how is this possible?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths