🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone number already in use
Page options
a2710568
Community Member

Phone number already in use

My account is attcahed to another account but I cant seem to ifgure out what emai its attached to.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

368 REPLIES 368
b0da22f5
Community Member

I have an Upwork account from being a freelancer. I now also have an Upwork account through my company that I need to manage to be able to hire. When trying to post a job, Upwork is requiring me to verify via my phone number but then it gives me an error saying the phone number is associated with another account (my personal account). This is the only phone number I have and I need to be able to completely own the hiring and managing process. What is the workaround here?

Hi Alicia, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
39e4f34f
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my phone number due to receiving a message stating that I've attempted to change my PIN too many times. I still have access to my phone number.

Hi Kaminaga, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8b9d7adf
Community Member

I'm having the same issue as well, had no luck with the chat bot.

39096b72
Community Member

I have an old, inactive client account associated with my phone number that I no longer have access to using Google Authentication.  How do I get that account removed, or the phone number changed, so I can associate my phone number with my new account? 

I tried contacting support, but all I got was "chatbot jail" and no way to contact a support agent directly, even though the chatbot told me I needed to speak with an agent.

Hi Les,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f4964030
Community Member

I have this same issue - phone number already in use - and I've had this number for several years. I am trying to set-up a profile. Please call me at **Edited for community guidelines** or email me at**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Theresa,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths