🐈
» Forums » Support » How to verify without phone number - number i...
Page options
a2710568
Community Member

Phone number already in use

My account is attcahed to another account but I cant seem to ifgure out what emai its attached to.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

387 REPLIES 387

Hi Max,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aa3af4f4
Community Member

I need to have 2 separate Upwork accounts - one for my freelance business and one for the company I work for but I only have one cell number and it's not allowing me to verify the second account using the same phone number. Is there a solution?

thank you,

Dominic

Hi Dominic,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e6c1aaed
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to verify my phone number but when I do so, I get the message "phone number already in use" and it stops me from progressing. I've tried contacting support through chat but was unable to get through.

Please let me know how I should proceed.

Have you tried using another number?

Khey Worthwhile

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9f90fd2d
Community Member

Hello Luiggi - 

Looks like a common problem. Cannot reach you by chatbot, chat, phone or email. I've taken to Twitter tagging you in hopes of hearing from you.

I cannot proceed with profile as phone number is already associated with account. I am in endless loop both in terms of contacting support and in completing profile.

Please reach out - thanks!

Scott

Re: I hope Upwork would consider the Connects return policies 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
b0da22f5
Community Member

I have an Upwork account from being a freelancer. I now also have an Upwork account through my company that I need to manage to be able to hire. When trying to post a job, Upwork is requiring me to verify via my phone number but then it gives me an error saying the phone number is associated with another account (my personal account). This is the only phone number I have and I need to be able to completely own the hiring and managing process. What is the workaround here?

Hi Alicia, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
39e4f34f
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my phone number due to receiving a message stating that I've attempted to change my PIN too many times. I still have access to my phone number.

Hi Kaminaga, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8b9d7adf
Community Member

I'm having the same issue as well, had no luck with the chat bot.

39096b72
Community Member

I have an old, inactive client account associated with my phone number that I no longer have access to using Google Authentication.  How do I get that account removed, or the phone number changed, so I can associate my phone number with my new account? 

I tried contacting support, but all I got was "chatbot jail" and no way to contact a support agent directly, even though the chatbot told me I needed to speak with an agent.

Hi Les,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f4964030
Community Member

I have this same issue - phone number already in use - and I've had this number for several years. I am trying to set-up a profile. Please call me at **Edited for community guidelines** or email me at**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Theresa,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
370aa09b
Community Member

I'm having the same problem with my phone number and cannot post a job since my client account phone number is not verified. It is the same phone for my freelancer and client account. 

Each time, I get the message on client account that the number is already in use. Please help. Thank you. 

7eaaa152
Community Member

I would like to post several jobs - when I try to authenticate my account, the upwork system states that my phone number is in use, I have had this number for over 20 years.  This makes no sense, please advise how to recapture my phone number

Hello Richard,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please continue communicating about this with the team via your ticket; rest assured they'll assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1086e5cc
Community Member

Im not able to receieve a verification code cause my phone number is already used by another old account. How can I set my number to this account? Im trying to post a new job for months

Same issue I am having and I can not contact anyone.  If this isn't resolved within the next couple of days, I am going to close this account.  Who has a business and don't have a chat or telephone help.  This is rediculous.

Hello Crittie,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear about your experience in reaching to support and verifying your phone number. Please know that your feedback is important to us as we work on improving our services. I'll make sure to pass on your feedback to our team for review. 

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. I encourage you to share more information about your concern to the support ticket so the team can further assist you.

Additionally, I’d like to the steps below on how you can access our support services:

• Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  • Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  • Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot. However, should you need our assistance, please do not hesitate to post here in the Community.

~Ivy
Upwork

My patience is short.  Your customer service stinks.  I have never heard of a customer service that you can not call, chat, but have to come to a community page to get a problem solved.  Closing account.

Hi Crittie, 

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Feel free to follow up with our team directly and they will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello True,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with verifying your phone number.  I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Ivy
Upwork
2b1f7743
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my account. I used "sign up with gmail" to create a client account. I know in the past that I created a freelance account but have no idea what the username is and I believe that the freelance account has my phone number in use. When I try to click on the help & support link, I get an error message:  

We can't complete your request now
Please try again later.
To report this problem, click here.

For availability updates, visit our site status page.

Can you help with either removing the freelancer account or consolidating the two accounts so I can access all the website services?

FYI. I do plan to be a client and freelancer.

Hello Sopol,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you encountered when trying to verify your phone number and reach our support. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will reach out to you soon to assist. I encourage you to share more information about your concern with the support ticket so the team can further assist you.

~Ivy
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths