🐈
» Forums » Support » Profile inactivity
Page options
mdmhafujmahmud
Community Member

Profile inactivity

Hi, I am active 14-15 hours a day on both my mobile and laptop. However, when I lock my phone for a few minutes and then search for my profile on Upwork, it shows that I am not online, indicated by the inactive green circle.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Mhafuj,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. However, I tried and can't seem to replicate the issue you're describing. I could see the "green dot" online indicator when searching for your profile. Please see this screenshot for your reference. 

Please be aware that the mobile app will show users as online only if the Messages page is active on a browser. Could you please confirm if the mobile app is showing offline even though your messages are active on a browser? Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
infinityjar
Community Member

hi Mhafuj,

what's the maker and model of your phone?
there are some devices that automatically kills the currently running applications after a period of inactivity by the user, this is done in order to conserve power.

if this case applies to you, you need to lock the app on "minimize" screen.
I hope you get this and find it helpful.

Cheers. :clinking_glasses:

My phone model is Samsung A52s 5G, bro. Could you please inform me where the setting is? I actually need to turn it on for profile activity. Thank you!

ArjayM

Hi Mhafuj,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. However, I tried and can't seem to replicate the issue you're describing. I could see the "green dot" online indicator when searching for your profile. Please see this screenshot for your reference. 

Please be aware that the mobile app will show users as online only if the Messages page is active on a browser. Could you please confirm if the mobile app is showing offline even though your messages are active on a browser? Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths