🐈
» Forums » Support » Profile name not changing
Page options
983af97b
Community Member

Profile name not changing

I tried to add payment method, unfortunately the name didn't match, so I tried to change my upwork profile name in contact info from settings. But when I click update, it doesnt change.

Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Abhijith,

I checked your account and I am pleased to confirm that your name change is already processed. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
PradeepH

Hi Abhijith,

I checked your account and I am pleased to confirm that your name change is already processed. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am facing the same problem. I tried to change my profile name more than 10 times but it doesn't changed. I also tried to sign out and sign in again but my name still not changed. Could you please fix this? My payment method doesn't match because of that. Thank you

Hi Ichalifta,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9b303aa9
Community Member

Thank you so much for your help! My name already changed. 

Hello I am experiencing thesame issue. I need help becuase my name isn't changing after trying to change it to my government name. I kept changing it to Veronica Gabling but the name Nica Gabling is still there even after saving it. 

Hi Nica,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! I have the same problem. I tried so many times to change my name from Marina G to my real name Marina Gridina. But on my profile page I still see Marina G. Could you please help me?

hi PardeepH

im trying to change my profile name, many times but it failed.

please help me out

kind Regards

Hi Sindh,

I checked your name change request and I am pleased to inform you that your name change request is already approved.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I'm having the same issue when I tried to change my name in order to make it the same as my billing address name. I couldn't find any solutions from the support options. Please help

Hi Mueed,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already submitted a name change request. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi can you help me change my name , I already did it on my contact info more than 10 times and it is not working

HI Pradeep, I have the same issue and its been 4 days i think since it started showing my name in profile and it is the same as the various billing methods i have tried but it is still not accepting payments and has now paused my contract.
have not founf another way to contact support other than mailing **Edited for Community Guidelines** but no reply.

Can you pelase help as i do not want a freelancer that is finishing up her contract and i waish to stay on upwrok too unless i am blocked out due to this

Hi Faheem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ef157584
Community Member

As a client, I am ashamed and have been for 4 days now.
My profile name was company name and when it cam time to billing, it didnt accept my payment method.
So after research I cahnge my profile name to my real name which was instantly visible

but payment methods still declined

was told it will take 48 hours 4 days ago

yesterday my account was suspended and freelancers cant work anymore

And it still owe them money

which I am willing to pay and have tried multiple times

But somehow somewhere someone at UPWORK has to do some MAGIC and fix this and save me from being this shame that I am tried to rob some freelancer $400 or so on my first job
And I got multiple jobs to post

And I have mailed TWO TIME to communitycareer but NO reply

And I have posted here and got a reply saying I will be contacted SOON

and NOTHING

My book is due to launch in 3 days for which i need my website done for which i need to pay my freelancer which i cannot do because Upwork does not have time for the people paying them it seems

THis is beyond embarassing

Hi Faheem, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has been causing you. I can confirm that Nikola escalated your concern via a support ticket recently. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
93c5dde4
Community Member

I am also experiencing the same thing. My name cannot be updated in the Contact Info field. I just recently noticed that I am using my second name as my last name instead of my real last name.

Hi Rohnielle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to go to Settings > Contact Info to edit your name? If you experience any errors please let us know. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
f8a1043c
Community Member

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same problem. I recently tried changing my name to my government name with its usual transcription (including the letter Đ), but it doesn't show up. Now, I tried reverting back to its English transcription (Dj) multiple times, but it always sends me to an error page.

Thank you!

Djurdja

04f0210f
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same problem. I tried to change my profile name more than 10 times but it doesn't changed. I also tried to sign out and sign in again but my name still not changed. Could you please fix this? My payment method doesn't match because of that. Thank you

Hi Luna,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the name change process. One of our agents has contacted you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
04f0210f
Community Member

I got a reply stating that the name that i have enterd now cant be approved as it has an initial for the last name . My name just has an intial .Now iam trying with a full lastname its still not chanignand also the tickert is closed for some reason .

Luna, it's best if you continue coordinating with the team through the ticket so we can assist you more efficiently. You should be able to reply to it from the link I shared above or through the email associated with your account. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d215df9d
Community Member

Hello! I have the same problem. I tried so many times to change my name from Marina G to my real name Marina Gridina. But on my profile page I still see Marina G. Could you please help me?

Hi please help, i need to change my name to connect on my PayPal 

Hi there, 

I would like to let you know that your name change request is now approved. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
dfcf88d8
Community Member

Hi there,

I also attempted to change my account name from my shortened first name to my full name in order to add my bank account information but when I click update, nothing happens.

d215df9d
Community Member

Hi Marina,

I checked, and your name shows the complete information you mentioned. If you're referring to how it appears in your public profile, please know that by design, Upwork only shows the full first name and the surname's initial; it won't show your complete name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7e197c97
Community Member

Name will change within 48 hours and you will get email.

6e31fcec
Community Member

Hi. I also want to change the name in my profile, so it says Henning Ramseth, instead of my e-mail adress-name. 

Best Henning

Hi Henning,

You should be able to update your profile name by visiting your Contact Info settings page. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths