🐈
» Forums » Support » Reporting client wanting to take corresponden...
Page options
e9ef7bdb
Community Member

Reporting client wanting to take correspondence off Upwork

Hi. I'd like to report a client who's trying to coerce me into taking our communication outside Upwork , WhatsApp etc. even though I've reminded her of the terms of use which do not allow this prior to contract. 

I would appreciate it someone could follow up on this. 

I can provide more details about this client as soon as someone from Upwork gets in touch and is assigned the case. 

Regards 

Sohaib Anwar 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Muhammad Sohaib,

It's great to know that you're well aware of Upwork's TOS and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. You're correct! Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service, and all communications must take place on Upwork before the contract starts. 

I see that you've already reported the client's messages. I've also shared this with the Trust & Safety team for further review. We encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform instead of posting them here in the Community. To make sure that they've been addressed accordingly. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Muhammad Sohaib,

It's great to know that you're well aware of Upwork's TOS and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. You're correct! Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service, and all communications must take place on Upwork before the contract starts. 

I see that you've already reported the client's messages. I've also shared this with the Trust & Safety team for further review. We encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform instead of posting them here in the Community. To make sure that they've been addressed accordingly. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths