🐈
» Forums » Support » Scam freelancer
Page options
84aa2737
Community Member

Scam freelancer

A free lancer asked me 40 USD to get my email back but he just took the money and did nothing. I need your urgent assitance please. 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Abdelkrim,

I'm very sorry to learn about your situation with the freelancer. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c3288498
Community Member

• Contact Upwork Support: If you hired the freelancer through Upwork, contact Upwork's support team immediately and report the issue. They have processes in place to handle disputes and may be able to assist you in recovering your funds.

• Document Everything: Gather any evidence you have related to the transaction, such as messages exchanged with the freelancer, payment receipts, and any other relevant information. This documentation can be helpful when reporting the issue to Upwork or other relevant authorities.

• Report the Freelancer: If the freelancer violated Upwork's terms of service or engaged in fraudulent behavior, report them to Upwork. Provide detailed information about the situation, including evidence of the freelancer's actions.

• Consider Legal Options: Depending on the circumstances, you may want to explore legal options for recovering your funds. Consult with a legal professional to understand your rights and options in this situation.

• Be Cautious in the Future: To avoid similar issues in the future, exercise caution when hiring freelancers and conducting financial transactions online. Use reputable platforms, thoroughly vet freelancers before hiring them, and consider using escrow services for payments to ensure security.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths