🐈
» Forums » Support » Seeking help to investigate whether the proje...
Page options
c5003bd9
Community Member

Seeking help to investigate whether the project is fraudulent.

Hello everyone))

I'm Khamid from Latvia.

I worked here as a freelancer for 1 year and 6 months and earned a steady income. Thanks to Upwork for this.

I'm currently talking to a client who came here 4 days ago to start a project.

He said in the project details that I would work with his agent on the current project as he was very busy with other projects.

They also said they would pay a price that was almost 1.5 times higher than the hourly rate I suggested.

I am currently doubtful whether I should enter into a contract with this new client.

I had a similar client just 2 months ago and had a very bad experience with his contract.
His contract was determined to be fraudulent so I had to re-verify my account and was unable to work for two weeks because of it.

I'd like Upwork support to look into the client, but I'm not sure how to submit it.
I'd like to get help from the community on this.

Thankk you.
Khamid

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a8c44a7b
Community Member

Hello Khamid,

Congratulations on your success as a freelancer on Upwork! It's great to hear that you've been earning a steady income.

Considering your concerns about the new client and your past experience, it's completely understandable that you want to proceed cautiously. Here are a few steps you can take:

1. Communicate Clearly:

• Engage in open and transparent communication with the client. Clarify any uncertainties about the project, the involvement of an agent, and the higher hourly rate. A trustworthy client will appreciate your diligence.
  2. Check Client's History:

• Review the client's Upwork profile and work history. Check for reviews from other freelancers who have worked with them. This can provide insights into their reliability and professionalism.
  3. Use Upwork Safely:

• Ensure that all communication and transactions are conducted within Upwork's platform. Avoid sharing personal information or agreeing to work outside of Upwork. Upwork's support is better equipped to assist with issues that occur within the platform.
  4. Submit a Ticket to Upwork Support:

• If you have specific concerns about the client's legitimacy or if you've had a problematic experience, you can submit a support ticket to Upwork. Provide details about your concerns and the client in question.

• To submit a ticket, go to Upwork's Help & Support section, click on the "Submit a Request" button, and choose the relevant category for your issue.

5. Community Input:

• Request feedback from the Upwork community. Other freelancers may share their experiences with the client or offer valuable advice. The Upwork forums are a good place to seek community input.

Remember, it's crucial to prioritize your safety and well-being as a freelancer. If anything feels off or raises red flags, trust your instincts. Upwork's support team is there to assist you, so don't hesitate to reach out.

Wishing you continued success on your freelancing journey!

Best regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lucioric
Community Member

Sorry to hear that. I am having a problem just like I accepted a contract for $26, whereas my rate is $24, but I have contracts for $22. Don't be pressured by the client; beware if any contracts get suspended. You can raise a ticket with the details about the proposal.

a8c44a7b
Community Member

Hello Khamid,

Congratulations on your success as a freelancer on Upwork! It's great to hear that you've been earning a steady income.

Considering your concerns about the new client and your past experience, it's completely understandable that you want to proceed cautiously. Here are a few steps you can take:

1. Communicate Clearly:

• Engage in open and transparent communication with the client. Clarify any uncertainties about the project, the involvement of an agent, and the higher hourly rate. A trustworthy client will appreciate your diligence.
  2. Check Client's History:

• Review the client's Upwork profile and work history. Check for reviews from other freelancers who have worked with them. This can provide insights into their reliability and professionalism.
  3. Use Upwork Safely:

• Ensure that all communication and transactions are conducted within Upwork's platform. Avoid sharing personal information or agreeing to work outside of Upwork. Upwork's support is better equipped to assist with issues that occur within the platform.
  4. Submit a Ticket to Upwork Support:

• If you have specific concerns about the client's legitimacy or if you've had a problematic experience, you can submit a support ticket to Upwork. Provide details about your concerns and the client in question.

• To submit a ticket, go to Upwork's Help & Support section, click on the "Submit a Request" button, and choose the relevant category for your issue.

5. Community Input:

• Request feedback from the Upwork community. Other freelancers may share their experiences with the client or offer valuable advice. The Upwork forums are a good place to seek community input.

Remember, it's crucial to prioritize your safety and well-being as a freelancer. If anything feels off or raises red flags, trust your instincts. Upwork's support team is there to assist you, so don't hesitate to reach out.

Wishing you continued success on your freelancing journey!

Best regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you Aehab.

During the conversation, I felt that he was a fraud and I did not enter into a contract with him.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths