🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Sorry, Flagging is temporarily unavailabl...
Page options
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Sorry, Flagging is temporarily unavailable

I just got this message when for the first time today,  I tried to flag a scam post that was  obvioulsy violating the ToS so that Upwork could remove it before freelancers apply to it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I looked into this and found out that if you try to report the job in the side panel that pops up when you click on the job post from the feed. However, if you open the job post in a new tab, you should be able to report the job successfully. We are currently investigating this issue further. 

Once we have more information from our engineers, we will update this thread. In the meantime, thank you for reporting the issue and for helping keep the Upwork marketplace safe. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 11.42.38 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I will escalate this report to our team and see if there's an issue with the flagging of posts. For the time being, could you please reach out to me via PM with more details about the job posts that you're referring to? I will surely have that escalated to the appropriate team for review and action if necessary. I'll keep this thread updated with updates regarding the error message that you received. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Peter,

I just received an update from the Technical team that the option to flag posts as inappropriate is should be working now. Can you please try to flag the job posts you're referring to as inappropriate and let us know if the issue persists? Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, Arjay. No, still not working. Just tried and got this:

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Peter! Let me go ahead and ask for a ticket so that our engineers can look into this further. 

Our team will update this thread once we have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jared_k
Community Member

Just got that same message when I tried to flag a job

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Jared,

Can you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let me know if you're still getting the same error and I'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Hello, while trying to flag a job post I got the following error message - it happened multiple times today: 

deborahponzio_0-1654878513362.png

It is a job post with a suspicious external link requiring to fill a detailed survey to apply for the job.

They are interviewing and hiring a few freelancers already.

Thanks for your kind help 😉

Please confirm when sorted out, thank you

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've shared your report with the team, to let them know this issue has resurfaced from yesterday. They'll be investigating further. In the meantime, please feel free to send me a private message with links to the job posts you've been unable to flag. I'll be happy to forward them to the Trust and Safety team so they can be reviewed right away.

~Andrea
Upwork

Done, thank you!

Dear Andrea, the post flagging is not working today, same as last week.

I sent another pm to you with the link to another job post which required the exchange of personal details.

I hope that this helps, thanks for your support

I have just found out that the flagging works if the job post is opened in a new window

d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

I'm trying to flag the job but it keeps saying "Flagging not available at the moment." Freelancers are already applying. 

Today, we're the 11th of June. "Sorry, Flagging is temporarily unavailable" is still there.

Scammers, this is your day of luck ! Already, I can see lots of suspicious offers. I wonder why Upwork spends so much on inventing new options nobody really cares about and lingers when such a major problem appears. We are infested with scams that are a real threat to the attractivity of the platform. If only one in ten job offers is legitimate, Upwork is a waste of time.

Upwork, please fix this problem, it's a priority to your freelancers.

Hi David and Luce,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. Our engineers are looking into these errors and working to address the issue that's causing them. For the time being, could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the link for the job posts you're referring to? I'll immediately escalate those to the appropriate team for review and action if necessary. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
luqman_mak
Community Member

haha yea, someone took off with all the flags that day.

coup d'etat

haday
Community Member

...and inability to "Flag' as inappropriate - which, at least today, seems to be occurring across the board - what gives?

ToS says don't provide contact info - but QUANTITIES of clients are providing phone numbers, What's App contact info etc.  I include a boilerplate comment at the end of every proposal to client's indicating direct contact outside of Upwork is NOT permitted until a contract is in place.  Still, they send me, "contact me via Telegram", or "call me at ###-###-####", or some other communication avenue - what part of NOT ALLOWED do they fail to understand?  And how many Upworkers are taking work outside of Upwork as a result?

If I can't 'tag' the  project as inappropriate, what's the point?  Someone needs to get a handle on this for the benefit of those of us Upworkers who do follow the ToS!  Getting more and more difficult to find 'legitimate' projects with the number of duplicates occurring, extraordinary fees being offered, and off-platform contact information proliferating.  It's a Sunday - has everyone gone to the moon?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Holly, 

Our team has received reports of the same, and we are investigating it further. Could you please try basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists?

If this doesn't work, you can send me a private message by clicking on my name and sending me a link to the jobs that you meant to flag. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I just tried in another browser, same issue. I use Chrome, tried now in Edge, as well on the mobile app. both is the same.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I looked into this and found out that if you try to report the job in the side panel that pops up when you click on the job post from the feed. However, if you open the job post in a new tab, you should be able to report the job successfully. We are currently investigating this issue further. 

Once we have more information from our engineers, we will update this thread. In the meantime, thank you for reporting the issue and for helping keep the Upwork marketplace safe. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 11.42.38 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
luce-neidert
Community Member

Flagging still not working.

Yesterday, I took the time to send links to 3 jobs to Arjay, today I'm taking a rest: just tried to flag another job with contact info, and got the message about the flagging not being available.

This is terrible for Upwork and for the freelancers still interested in using a decent platform.

aitringo
Community Member

When I try to flag scam posts or fraudulent posts, I get the following message :

There was an error loading this page: error [71ab60520ac5fefc-SEA, 71ab60520ac5fefc-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

It's been more than a week since this problem occurred.

Could you please speed up the resolution, because for the moment we have no way to flag anything.
Thank you

ecb1a37a
Community Member

A client has accepted a submitted proposal. After the acceptance, details were shared with me that are leading me to believe this is a scam... how do I report the client / job? The "Flag as Innapropriate" button does not exist on the job posting like on other job postings. Help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths