🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account Suspension
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Hi Avejane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
el_floyd
Community Member

Hello, everyone

I started doing work at Upwork in 2015, did some minor projects, and moved on.

But now I want to reactivate my account with a more professional attitude and approach.

While updating my information yesterday, it got suspended.

Can anyone kindly assist me in solving this issue, because I couldn't find any notification about my account suspension?

Looking forward to starting doing some awesome projects on UpWorks, and need your support.
Thanks.

When I point a mouse at the "Submit a proposal" button, the button is inactive, and this red circle with crossed line appears. 

Maybe I have some issues with my account, but I can't find even a hint of where the problem lies.
I looked in the settings and everywhere.

Is there a way to check what is missing in my account or what the problem is when one can't apply for a job.

Anyone? ))
Thanks in advance.

Hi Armen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3d4468ee
Community Member

Hello, Dear Support and Users!
What should I do with my account? I have not long ago registered on Upwork, a few days later I uploaded documents and passed verification according to the instructions, as you can see in the. screenshot verification passed, but the status is still banned.
I think this is some kind of error, but how do I solve it? how do I continue to use my account and unlock it completely?
In addition, new emails did not come to the mail

Hi Youri,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3d4468ee
Community Member

Hello Nikola! I'm wait answer from support more 24 hours. What i can do for expedite reply?

And i can't open tiken again on your link.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Youri, 

Could you please confirm if you are unable to access this link here? The same ticket can be accessed through the email address associated with your Upwork account. Kindly look for the email with the subject - "Your Upwork Account is on Hold." The ticket has more information on what steps you need to take.

~ Avery
Upwork
3d4468ee
Community Member

Thanks you, Nikola! 
I will wait for the resolution of my issue and be sure to post here on the results of the communication in the ticket! Thank you for your work.I will wait for the resolution of my issue and be sure to post here on the results of the communication in the ticket! Thank you for your work.

64e654d3
Community Member

Hi!
I am enquiring about account blocking.
My account has been suspended recently. And I’ve got several questions concerning it.
Firstly, could you tell me for what reason my account was blocked and whether I can solve it. Also, I’d like to know if there is any possibility to withdraw my earnings that are already on my balance. And in case there isn’t, what will happen to the money then?
I know there could a video call to solve some issues. So I was wondering whether it could help me.

I look forward to your reply.

Hi Karyna,

The team reached out to you already sharing information about your account status. Please reply directly to the email notification sent to your inbox.

~Andrea
Upwork
64e654d3
Community Member

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I have seen the previous letter from your team. As I understand, I won't be
able to use the Upwork platform anymore.

But I still have a question concerning funds withdrawal. I've had the
payment recently and there is some money on my balance. Could you tell me
how I can transfer it to my bank account, please? Or what will happen to it
otherwise?

Thank you in advance!

Karyna, please reply directly to the team so they can assist you with your concerns and possibly appeal the suspension. They are the appropriate team to answer your questions since they are the ones that placed the suspension. Furthermore, please keep in mind that we're unable to discuss any private details of your account here since this is a public forum. We appreciate your understanding.

~Andrea
Upwork
e2de7862
Community Member

Hi, my account has been suspended and I got a mail to that effect asking me to explain my relationship with a client. I responded to the mail, but I'm yet to get a feedback or response as regards the issue. It's been more than 24hours now.

Kindly help out. 

Thanks

I received a message yesterday 24th April 2022 from Upwork support asking me to explain my relationship with a client.

I responded to the mail immediately but I haven't gotten any feedback or response from the support for the past 24hours. 

What is the next step to take, as I really need the suspension to be lifted from my account.

Thanks

Hi  Ojochegbe Joy,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that your concern has been escalated. Please allow our team to review your account up until tomorrow. If you do not receive any update or response, don't hesitate to reach out and we'll look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e2de7862
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for the response.
rajamajid1981
Community Member

Hi there,

My Account has been suspended. Please let me know why Upwork do that  Any specific reason. 
Waiting for your reply because my work is suffering.
Thanks

Hi Raja Muhammad Maji, 

I checked your account and I'd like to confirm that one of our agents reached out to you about your account status. You can access the ticket here. Please follow the instruction on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Sir,
Please Reactive my account and i will not violate any of the Upwork rules
and regulations in future.
4535f4b5
Community Member

My account has also been suspended. I was told that Account Security Team would handle my issue, but my problem has not been resolved for four days now. Please advise.

Kind regards

Hi Kiprono,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
acrossoffwest
Community Member

I left Russia 3 years ago and I didn't use often Upwork, and I got suspended. Is there a way to unsuspend my account? I have already changed whole my info with my current country. Is there a way to solve my problem or I will be suspended forever?

Hi Iurii,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
the_write_words
Community Member

I'm not sure what is going on but it's not letting me do anything on my client account. I can't activate new contracts or activate new milestones on existing contracts.

My freelancer account was locked and I had to verify my ID again, but I did that four days ago.

Not sure what's going on and need help so I can get a project going (I'm client).

Error message: 

Hi Jeremy,

I checked with the team and it looks like they were able to address the issue, could you please try again?

~Andrea
Upwork
672a2c9f
Community Member

I payed all the bills I had to pay. Still my account is suspended for some reason. Please resolve my account issue.

Regards

Jaeho

Hi Jaeho,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and saw that an email was sent to you advising you on what to do to remove the suspension on your account. Kindly refer to this ticket for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
b55792cb
Community Member

Hello,

I am new on upwork and have done profile verification and all necessary steps but still unable to submit a proposal on upwork.Plz have a look on my profile and help to resolve the issue.

Clearing Cache already tried.

Hi Kashaf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
85ec1fa5
Community Member

Good afternoon. Registered a long time ago, but never started using it. Now I decided to try again, but I can not send a response, the button is inactive. Please see what is the problem.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team reach out to you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b55792cb
Community Member

Hello,

My account was having plagiarism issue. I have removed that but still unable to Submit a proposal. Kindly see my account again. And if it's suspended please reactivate. I shall never do that mistake again.

Thanks

Hi Kashaf,

Thank you for your message. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to your support ticket via your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4535f4b5
Community Member

Hello,

My account was suspended on an account that I couldn't answer all the verification questions. Please help.

Kiprono

ramisj
Community Member

Hi there,

My account is suspended due to some similarities between me and my cousin while he's my client and now both of our accounts are suspended, I had replied the email from support team but till now didn't hear anything, any one knows how long it takes to reactivate my account please?

Hi Rami,

Thank you for your message. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the manner they are received in the queue. Usually, the team should respond to you within 48 hours from your last response.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ramisj
Community Member

Thank you very much, the evidences are sent and waiting for activation.

Rami S wrote:

Hi there,

My account is suspended due to some similarities between me and my cousin while he's my client and now both of our accounts are suspended, I had replied the email from support team but till now didn't hear anything, any one knows how long it takes to reactivate my account please?

All these dealings between family and friends are always suspicious.
Why does your cousin hire you through Upwork?
Why pay fees and other expenses when he can hire you directly?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths