🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Because he wants to know how to use Upwork and also make sure it's really useful platform.... Did you get it?

Hi all,

A few posts on this section have been removed as they were in violation of our Community Guidelines and values. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other users when posting.

~Andrea
Upwork
ramisj
Community Member

Thank you very much!!

1f7f423e
Community Member

Good evening, I noticed a similar problem on my account, I joined upwork not too long ago.
After I was verified by documents and video, I was asked for verification by documents and address. I provided all the necessary documents and once again waited for moderation, after the verification passed I noticed that I had a blocking badge gone. Of course I was happy and wanted to go back to search for customers, but I saw that I could not send an offer, the button simply did not click and was grayed out.

How do I definitively verify my account, what documents do I need to upload that I could use my account? And most importantly how to avoid this in the future?

Hi Shaquil,

I have checked your account and it looks like you've already communicated with our team via support ticket. I highly suggest you reach out to our team using that ticket for more details about your concern and further assistance. You can do that by checking here or your email address.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1f7f423e
Community Member

Hello, im wait answer from support in ticket.
But I don't have much time for a refund, because I got my first email on Monday with a 5-day deadline.
I need urgent help.

e142e7fe
Community Member

Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.

Today I got message from upwork.

I submitted my id,but still same.

Hi Danylo,

We appreciate you reaching out. I have checked your account and I can see that you've been communicating with our team via support ticket. I highly suggest you continue communicating thtough that ticket for more details and further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

i can't access new jobs search, and its showing me account restricted

please help me review , my account has been restricted, i have contacted support but ikeep getting an automated message

Hi Michael,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's a support ticket that's been created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for further assistance. You can check here or your email address for more details.

I can see that you are also yet to complete your ID verification. You can access your Settings page > Identity Verification and then continue verifying your account.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating different posts for the same concern as this is considered spam which we don’t allow in the Community. You can check our Community Guidelines for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Okay thanks for that update, but i i ve provided my iD and taken photos if myself as requested for over the last 24 hours but yet no changes i still can't access it

223a1e79
Community Member

Hello,

Why my account has been suspended?
I don't know my fault and how I can get back my account,
could you tell me the reason for suspending the account..?

I like to work on Upwork, not other sites.

Regards
Navjot

Hi Navjot,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ed6f8a36
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am a newish freelancer on Upwork. I have done 10-20 proposals over the last few months and I received 3-5 contracts; none of which I accepted and as of yet ; I have not completed any work on Upwork.

The main reason of course is because those opportunities I was presented with were not a very good fit for my skills and/or lifestyle. 

I always reject offers politely highlighting the reason why while wishing the client all the best so I never upset anyone or anything.

2 weeks ago, I have finally found a Customer Support role that I like and really believe to be a good fit (Hooray!)

The contract is due to start on the 2nd of may. 

I woke up today to Upwork freezing or blocking from Upwork without stating any reason why or which rule exactly have I violated I mean is it because I refused to work the previous opportunity? Is it because I have been on the platform for a few months without earning any revenue?

I tried contacting support but I have received no response as of yet.

I'm afraid this will embarrass me with my client and it will definitely lead to a frustrating experience for the client.. 

What should I do? Should I speak with my client or is there a certain official email for upwork's team that I can send to?

I have not even worked at all for all I know, how can I violate a rule without even doing anything?

Your advice is very much appreciated.

Regards

Hi Osama,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
e11bc4e0
Community Member

Hi.

I checked my previous Account then I got the message.

"Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support."

I haven't checked my account for a long time. I would be glad to get help to unlock my account now.

Thanks

When you say the previous account. Do you mean to say you have two Upwork Freelancer accounts? If yes is the answer, you're not allowed to have two freelancers' accounts in Upwork.

Actually not, I got my account suspended because I hadn't logged into Upwork for a long time.  My account was created in 2014.  I have to create this account to be able to contact support because Upwork keeps asking me to log in to get support. 

Hi

My account has been suspended. I could no longer log in to upwork because I haven't logged in for so long.  

Would you please unlock my account; therefore, I will continue working on this platform. 

Thanks

Hi Ruan,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? As a gentle reminder, having multiple accounts on Upwork is not allowed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
danish123t
Community Member

If account is suspended permanently then any possibal way to withdraw the amount from upwork?

if yes then please lemme know and guide me. 

Thanks

Your profile isn't suspended. Do you suspect it might become?

A good way to not let that happen is not offering what you are. 

Hi Danish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and it looks like you've been communicating with our team regarding your concern. Your account has been restored as requested. You’re all set to get back to work on Upwork. Please check here or your email for details and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
askar-mohamed
Community Member

My account was suspended and I could not resolve the issue so far.

Hi Mohamed,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
33700bae
Community Member

I received a message from Upwork where they told me to edit my project. but I can not enter that project, and I was trying to help from Upwork support but I can't understand what they say. Please help me

Hi Bappi

Thank you for your message. It looks like you will need to respond to the team via support ticket to restore your account first before you update your project. You can respond to the team via support ticket as well as from your registered email address. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
934b3473
Community Member

Hey there,

My son's upword account got temporarily suspended recently. What happened is that he forgot the password to his email which was linked with his upwork account. He tried to login repeatedly but due to two factor authentication, his account was temporarily suspended. Now he has gained access to his email but he cant login as his account is suspended and when he tried to contact support, they told him to check his email they sent him, he replied to that email but they are not giving a response.

Please check this matter as soon as possible because it is the only means of income for my son.Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advanvce.

Hi Shabbir,

Unfortunately, we're unable to discuss any details of your son's account with you because of privacy reasons. We would suggest they continue to communicate with our support team so they can help.

~Andrea
Upwork
934b3473
Community Member

Hey again,

My son has already submitted the required documents needed for the verification process three days ago. There is no response from the support team as he is constantly trying to get in touch with them. About the privacy reasons, my son is unable to post anything on theupwork community as his account is temporarily suspended, So there is no way my son can contact the upwork community. It would be very helpful for him if he gains access to his account through here as he cant do anything with his account. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Member

Hi.

I checked my account and found this:

"Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support."

I haven't check my account for a long time. I want to continue working in this platform, but can't now. I would be glad to get help to unlock my account now

Hi Aldrin,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
e11bc4e0
Community Member

Hi

My account has been suspended. I could no longer log in to upwork because I haven't logged in for so long.  

Would you please unlock my account; therefore, I will continue working on this platform. 

Thanks

Hi Ruan,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
darshana-perera
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e101d6df52010388

this is my account. I've loged to the account after long time. now account is suspended. i need to take my account back. please help me to solve this issue

Hi Darshana,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

ok. thanks for your attention. waiting for quick response

62127f8f
Community Member

Hi, my original account has been suspended due to falsified documents. I had a contract running on that account. I applied for a national id but it will arrive in a month. So I had to submit false documents to verify identity. So they suspended my account. I contacted support but they did not help me. I promised them not to violate any terms of Upwork again but they did not listen to me. So I created a new account. But I don't want to have this account. I want my original account reactivated. Can anyone help?

Hi Nazmus Sakib,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths