🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769
2837efc9
Community Member

I posted my first job post on upwork And now my upwork account is restricted. I am new here. Why is this so? Please remove the restriction on my upwork account.

Hi Lahiru,

Someone from our team will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
2c9c88e4
Community Member

Hello Upwork 

Before 4 days I submitted account suspension appeal on my original account and they said the process may take up to 48 hours, it's been 4 days and still got no response.

I am in Arizona now so please reactive my account 

my original account email/**Edited for Community Guidelines**

( I will close this account once I get a respond)

Thank you 

Hi Sus,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and kindly expect an update on the email associated with the account you need assistance with. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2bc7b2de
Community Member

Please remove the restriction on my upwork account.

I posted my first job post on upwork.

I discovered that my upwork account is restricted. 

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like our team has reached out to you here and sent you a corresponding email. You can appeal the suspension by responding to the email y.ou received.

~ AJ
Upwork
abhimanyu-bind
Community Member

For the last 10 days, Upwork has ruined my day-to-day work by creating a list of troubles for me which are,

1) Blocking my earned funds withdrawal twice - Later activated on the complaint

2) Placing other restrictions on my account which are - disabled job submission button, non-appearance in search results, not allowing to add in agency and so on...

Apparent reasons for it and explained to me are - I have a client account which is linked with my freelancing account. The payment method in the client's account was expired this is why all kinds of the above restrictions were placed in my freelancing account!

I had been told to update the payment method in the client account to get removal of restrictions, I did, but only my withdrawals were unblocked, all other restrictions mentioned above remain the same.

I have an open ticket with customer service for the above, 1 suggestion was received yesterday, I tried but that didn't work!

Currently, not able to do anything on upwork other than sitting and watching the profile, no assurance received from anyone to get it resolved on priority! 

Hi Abhimanyu,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that you are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. Otherwise, please refrain from sending follow-ups on the same ticket thread to make sure the team assists you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork
6672aec1
Community Member

sir my account suspended few weeks back please solution 

Hi Jagadeesh,

I've shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that the account hold has been lifted. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nakrani_tarun
Community Member

I'm owning an agency and one of my member's account got suspended without any email or notification of reason, Could you please look into this?

Hi Tarun,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to discuss other user's accounts with you for confidentiality purposes. Could you please request the account owner to contact us directly so that we can assist them? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Unfortunately from that account not able to login or anything then how can i do post or contact throguh that account? 

And still didn't get any update yet from Upwork

Please let me know further,

Thank you!

Hi Tarun,

Please inform the account owner to reach out to us on any official social media accounts so that we can assist them further. You can find the direct links in the footer section of the Community.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Okay, thank you!

adf76ec8
Community Member

Good day, 

I posted my first job post here on this platform.

I discovered that my upwork account is restricted and suspended. 

Please remove the restriction on my upwork account. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Ehtisham,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any restrictions on the account you are posting from. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6672aec1
Community Member

sir my account suspended please solution

Hi Jagadeesh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I checked and noticed that the relevant team has already reached you via a support ticket informing you about the reason for this action and the next steps to restore your account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
53aa8f57
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem with the client account. It shows me a message saying "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

I checked my email including spam folder and I didn't get anything from Upwork about it.

Can you please Help me?

Hi Abdulsalam,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6672aec1
Community Member

sir my account was suspended please restore

Hi Jagadeesh,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
e4141f91
Community Member

Before a week on Aug 30 I submitted a suspension appeal on my original account and still got no response. I don't know why it takes this long to reactive my account. Please review my account soon as possible. 

My original account email; 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I will close this account once I get response.

Thank you

Hi there,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
78cc3149
Community Member

My account got suspended while i was working on a project with my client.Will i get the payment? Please tell me as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Hi Sumaia,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. Please note that users can only have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Can you please reach out to me via PM (Click on my name) and provide more information about the account you need assistance with? The email address associated with it would be extremely helpful so that I can review and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9711ebf9
Community Member

Today I entered as every Wednesday to withdraw balance from my account and I receive the message "Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support." I haven't done anything but work, I haven't touched anything else. What happened? Upwork Support is not answering my ticket.

Hi Luka,

I checked your account and saw that you already have an open ticket with our team. Please allow them some time to review and get back to you on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1c3c238b
Community Member

My bank card had expired and I was waiting for a new one to be sent, and Upwork restricted my account because it was unable to charge the old card on file. I have now updated to the new card and my account is still restricted. It should have been resolved 3 days ago. I can't find anyone from Upwork to talk to so I can resolve this issue and pay my freelancers, who worked really hard on my project! 

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. I checked on your account and can confirm that the hold has been lifted. You can now proceed to issue payments to your freelancers. If you need further assistance, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist you!

~ AJ
Upwork
bee3fb29
Community Member

I found out I have been suspended and replied that I will follow terms and conditions over 1-2 posts and I have not gotten a reply. 

Hi Albert,

I can see that the team reached out to you with details about your account status and issues. I can also see that you've responded with your commitment. Please allow our team time to review your case and your request. You will be updated here once it's been resolved.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4594a176
Community Member

Hello Upwork, please my brother Upwork account has been suspended permanently he has asked me to reach out to y'all through a community message he's really worked really hard on his profile and would like to apologize if he has done anything that is against the TOS and he promises to never do it again so on behalf of my brother please try to reinstate his account and also he has around $1000 which he is not able to withdraw so please as a family in whole we really need your help Upwork. He has a heart problems so this issue is really taking a toll on him 

Thank you

Anyone please?

Hi Usman,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your brother's Upwork account. Unfortunately, I will be unable to discuss other user's accounts with you. Please request the account owner to contact us directly for better assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4594a176
Community Member

He has tried so many times but couldn't should I send you a PM of the details so you can look into it 

Hi Usman,

I will be unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. Please let your brother know to reach out to us on any official social media accounts so that we can assist them further. You can find the direct links in the footer section of the Community.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sirlarry419
Community Member

My account was suspended and I have responded to the ticket and I have reviewed the 'Terms of Service.' 

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths