🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended account/project was able to leave m...
Page options
johnnymarino
Community Member

Suspended account/project was able to leave me 1-star feedback

I don't know how unique my situation is but in short:

I used Odesk (now Upwork) for a single project back in 2014.

I delivered the content he needed. Immediately after delivering the content, the contract showed is was "suspended" due to the person who created the project having his own account "suspended." I have the emails from the odesk customer support way back then where she explained this.

Despite this person who created project having his account suspended, the project then showed as completed and he was able to leave me a 1-star review.

The whole thing is fishy and I'm sitting here now 9 years later trying to use this platform and I'm stuck with this 1-star review for a project that was never finished, even though it's now marked as "completed." I tried contacting support but all I received was a copy/paste response not relevant to this particular issue.

Help!

4 REPLIES 4
jhoana2018

Hello John,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

By design, contracts take about 24 hours to appear on your profile after your client pays at least $1.00. Contracts not meeting this minimum are hidden from your profile.

Kindly note that I will also share your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support ticket here.

~ Joan

Hi, thanks for getting back. It's not about the contract appearing. It's that this guy had his account suspended and the project I was working on suspended as he apparently did something wrong against the Odesk/Upwork rules. Now it turns out he was able to leave me a 1-star review. Meanwhile the project was never even completed as it was placed in suspension along with his account in the middle of me working on it. 

Hi John! Clients and freelancers can provide feedback for each other when the contract ends, regardless of whether the job was completed or not.

If the contract has earnings, both parties can leave public and private feedback, but only private feedback can be provided if there's none.  The public feedback will be displayed on the freelancer's profile, but the private feedback will be kept confidential.  

~ Ruth

Except his account was suspended by odesk due to reasons support wasn't allowed to tell me at the time. This was the problem. He was suspended and project was suspended due to him being suspended. Yet he was able to leave malicious feedback. Regardless, I vehemently appealed this and support has addresses this for me. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths