🐈
» Forums » Support » TAX Information (TIN) Required for Egypt
Page options
mshedeed1
Community Member

TAX Information (TIN) Required for Egypt

I have a problem registering TIN for my account, i live in Egypt and we don't have a TIN number to provide for this forum, noting that non of upwork documentation provides a solutions how i can receive payments without entering TIN number that is not avaialbe for my country 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hello everyone, 

If you are having trouble finding your TIN (Tax Identification Number) to complete your Tax Information, we want to clarify that this is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you've tried with your National ID and are still having trouble with your Tax Information, please reach out to the Upwork Support Team for assistance. Don't hesitate to visit this article for additional details on completing your Tax Information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

166 REPLIES 166

Ihave the same problem

Hi Abdelaziz,

If you are having trouble finding your TIN (Tax Identification Number) to complete your Tax Information, we want to clarify that this is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you've tried with your National ID and are still having trouble with your Tax Information, please let us know. Don't hesitate to visit this article for additional details on completing your Tax Information.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fdb9bec9
Community Member

I mean i can't verify my idenity with national id in my country egypt

8d5fe37b
Community Member

Hello Joanne

I am currently facing the same problem I am in Egypt and I don't have a TIN what should I do?

Hi Ayman,

If you are having trouble finding your TIN (Tax Identification Number) to complete your Tax Information, we want to clarify that this is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you've tried with your National ID and are still having trouble with your Tax Information, please reach out to the Upwork Support Team for assistance. Don't hesitate to visit this article for additional details on completing your Tax Information. (edited) 

~ Joanne
Upwork
15591fc1
Community Member

I also have the same issue, is there is a soloution for this ?, I am from Egypt also and we don't have TIN number.

Hi Mohamed,

Looks like you've completed this step already. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Jonne,

I also have the same issue can you help?

4b7f1831
Community Member

i have the same problem did anyone reach a solution?

Hi Bishoy,

A taxpayer identification number is a unique combination of characters assigned by a country’s tax authority to a person (individual or entity) and used to identify that person for the purposes of administering the country’s tax laws. You can read this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d15af7dc
Community Member

I also have the same issue. I'm Egyptian and don't have TIN so what should I do?

Hi Aya,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

I also have the same issue. I'm Egyptian and don't have TIN so what should I do?

Thanks for letting us know, Mostafa. We’ve also escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
49d319de
Community Member

I am in egypt and I have the same problem

Hi Abdullah,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello , i am from egypt and i have the same problem

Hi Ali,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and further assistance in completing your Tax Information.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Idon't have visa or passport i just have national id. 

b60dd0a8
Community Member

i'm egyptian with no TIN number as well, what should i do?

Hi Alex,

We've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I am from Egypt and I have the same issue 

Hi Abdo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

I am from Egypt and I have the same problem.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your report has been forwarded to our team and you will receive a support ticket from one of our agents who will help you with your issue. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, I have the same problem, I am from Egypt and we dont have TINs here. Appreciate your support please

Hello, I followed the instructions and send an email to taxrecordsupport and there is no response yet could you tell me what's wrong?

Hi Abd and Asmaa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your report has been forwarded to our team and you will receive a support ticket from one of our agents who will help you with your issue. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
c9afe9a0
Community Member

Hi,

Hi Kareem,

- Pradeep

Upwork
ab-har
Community Member

Hi, 

I have the same issue.

any support?

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
karimla131
Community Member

I'm Egyptian with no TIN as well, what should I do?

Hi Kareem,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c1b1fe0a
Community Member

I live in Egypt and have the same problem as well.

Hi Abanoub,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e948a564
Community Member

Hi,

I also have the same issue. I'm Egyptian and don't have TIN.

971d90a0
Community Member

Hello, 
I am Egyptian and I have the same issue, I don't have a (TIN) would aprreciate your help
Thanks!

Hi Mohamed,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e948a564
Community Member

Hello, 
I am Egyptian and I have the same issue, I don't have a (TIN) would aprreciate your help
Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths