🐈
» Forums » Support » TAX Information (TIN) Required for Egypt
Page options
mshedeed1
Community Member

TAX Information (TIN) Required for Egypt

I have a problem registering TIN for my account, i live in Egypt and we don't have a TIN number to provide for this forum, noting that non of upwork documentation provides a solutions how i can receive payments without entering TIN number that is not avaialbe for my country 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hello everyone, 

If you are having trouble finding your TIN (Tax Identification Number) to complete your Tax Information, we want to clarify that this is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you've tried with your National ID and are still having trouble with your Tax Information, please reach out to the Upwork Support Team for assistance. Don't hesitate to visit this article for additional details on completing your Tax Information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

166 REPLIES 166

Hi Ali,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b11d84f3
Community Member

Same Problem Here, we don't have TIN here

0aa5e3a4
Community Member

I am from Egypt and I face the same issue!

Hi Mostafa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I'm facing the same exact problem, What is the solution to this situation?

b5027c79
Community Member

I also have the same issue. I'm Egyptian and don't have TIN so what should I do?

Hi Mahmoud,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
133096bb
Community Member

I am from Egypt and I am facing the same problem. I don't have a TIN number. Can you help me with?

Hi Zainab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your report has been forwarded to our team and you will receive a support ticket from one of our agents who will help you with your issue. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
elmoiv
Community Member

Hello, Pradeep,
I have the same exact problem because here in Egypt we don't have the TIN number. Please provide another way to verifythat we are a non-US residents so we can receive our payments.

08c8f318
Community Member

I have the same problem with( TIN ) 

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
7709652c
Community Member

Hello, I also am from Egypt and I have the same problem with the TIN. 

Hi Habiba,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further in completing your Tax Information.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have a problem registering TIN for my account, i live in Egypt and we don't have a TIN number to provide for this forum, noting that non of upwork documentation provides a solutions how i can receive payments without entering TIN number that is not avaialbe for my country 

Hi Shaimaa,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
muhammed_kamal
Community Member

I have a problem registering TIN for my account, i live in Egypt and we don't have a TIN to provide for this forum, noting that none of the Upwork documentation provides solutions for how I can receive payments without entering TIN that is not available for my country.

Hi Muhamed,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b86295c2
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue

Hi Mai,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
leprimo
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue, I am from Egypt and I don't have the tax identification number, What can I do?

Hi Khaled,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ahmedf99
Community Member

i'm from egypt and i have the same problem 

no TIN number here

Hi Ahmed,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0a4ccef7
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same situation. I am from Egypt and I don't have a TIN number. Please assist me to complete the tax information section to complete my account properly.

Thanks!

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
8249ac0e
Community Member

Hi,

I am mohamed and I live in egypt and we dont have a TIN number here, so I have the same problem too

Hi Mohamed,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
omarg7anem
Community Member

hi,

i am also from egypt and facing the same problem

Hi Omar,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d1e41a88
Community Member

Hello, I'm facing the same issue 

and I'm Egyptian what should I do?

Hi Asmaa,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
LuiggiR

Hello everyone, 

If you are having trouble finding your TIN (Tax Identification Number) to complete your Tax Information, we want to clarify that this is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. If you are a freelancer in Egypt, you can use your National ID as your TIN.

If you've tried with your National ID and are still having trouble with your Tax Information, please reach out to the Upwork Support Team for assistance. Don't hesitate to visit this article for additional details on completing your Tax Information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
38c25f3a
Community Member

Hello i dont pay taxes in Egypt, how do i provide you guys with a TIN number if I don't pay taxes?????

Hello Toni,

As mentioned in my post above, you can provide your National ID as your TIN. Don't hesitate to let us know if you're still having trouble updating your Tax Information after trying this, and we'll be happy to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8d5fe37b
Community Member

Hello luiggir, 

I am currently facing the same problem I am in Egypt and I don't have a TIN what should I do?

103282e5
Community Member

Hello LuiggiR

I am facing the same issue as i currently reside in Egypt and i do not have a TIN to provide.
Your cooperation in this matter will be highly appreciated. 🙏

Sincerely,

Youssef.

Hi Youssef,

Have you tried using your National ID as I suggested in my post above? Let us know if you're still having trouble after trying this so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alimaher14
Community Member

Hi,

I also have the same issue. I'm Egyptian and don't have TIN so what should I do?

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out. I looked closely at your account and confirmed that you've completed your Tax Information, including the TIN. Your new payment method will be active and ready for use in three days. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths