๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Withdrawal to ACH Rejected
Page options
Hamza J Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If itโ€™s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the โ€˜Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select โ€˜Sendโ€™. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

1,653 REPLIES 1,653
Idea K Community Member

My name in my ID, Bank Account, and Upwork is Idea Kรซpuska, but when adding a payment method Upwork is not letting me use the character "รซ" in my last name... and so it says that the name is mismatched... but the think is that Upwork is not letting me use the letter and that is required in order to write my name.

Please help me resolve this issue

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Idea,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. 

~ Nikola
Dhirendra Singh J Community Member

Struggling with setting up profile and ank account, i am incorporated and need to use my company name and bank account but this site has no way to talk to a real person or atleast raise a support ticket. I cant fix this and seems i wasted 2 days of effort trying to just do basic setup. 

Any help from upwork support is appreciated.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Dhirendra Singh,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties contacting our support team and have your profile concerns addressed. I can confirm that a support ticket was raised, and one of the team members has sent you an email with more information about the status of your financial account. They've also included instructions on how to resolve the issue.

We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team by responding to that email so that they can assist you more efficiently. You may also visit the support ticket linked to your case on this page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Ardha Tan S Community Member

Hello @Joanne,

my paypal account and my bank account are same as upwork account which is Ardha Tan(First Name) Sutan Wardhana(Last Name) but it`s payment method issued beneficiary name is mismatch

{ATS}
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ardha,

I checked your account and can confirm that your payment method is already accepted. Please update the Tax Information page to activate your payment method.

- Pradeep

Ahmed Taha A B Community Member

Hello,

My withdrawal to ACH account has been rejected because my Upwork name is my full name but the name in my bank account is like my passport with one letter for my third name only i changed my name in Upwork now and it matches the name in my bank account you will accept the withdrawal now? did you change the name in my upwork account or not yet kindly assist

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ahmed,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Megan G Community Member

I have tried multiple withdrawal methods and I keep getting a notice that my name on the method does not match my Upwork account. The names are exactly the same. I have tried resubmitting the names on both Upwork and my bank account with no luck. I have tried multiple bank accounts and a Paypal. Still declines the method. My names are identical on all methods.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Megan Goddard

Roki V Community Member

Hepl

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Megan,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now. Please allow 3 days for the payment method to become active. 

- Pradeep

Amuche C Community Member

Hello,

My upwork name matches my payment method name, however, Upwork is saying it's mismatch.

How do i resolve this, please. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Amuche,

I checked with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see that mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Hideomi D Community Member

My friend is japanese. His name is ็”ฐ้‚‰ๆ™ƒๅญฃ

When ID verification, he input "Akiki Tanabe" by the english name. but not verify.

In several network, The name is translated in chinese. So, How can I input the name?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Hideomi,

Your friend may use the international form of his name for his profile information, as the system won't accept those characters. If your friend is having trouble with the verification process, it would be best if he contacts support directly for assistance. We cannot share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Centerโ€™s navigation bar and select the โ€œContact Supportโ€ option.
  2. Choose the โ€œChat with Upworkโ€ option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click โ€œSend.โ€ The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
~ Luiggi
Louise P Community Member

I'm a new freelancer and I completed a job and was paid and I just got an ongoing contract but I opened my profile using my nickname as my first name.  My bank has my legal name.  I cannot change it in my profile as it's locked because they say it's verified (which would be my legal name on my id)  so now I cannot get paid and have no way to fix this.  I've tried to contact support only to have the chat disconnect over and over and send me to the same place where I can make no change.  So I guess i cannot receive the payment I earned or take the new contract unless I go off the upwork site and work directly for my client? And I forfeit my payment I earned already? 

so to clarify the client released payment and I was told to set up a method to receive it.  That's when I found the issue and I'm unable to fix this despite trying every avenue offered on the support site. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Lisa,

I checked with our verification team, who confirmed they will assist you through a support ticket. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
RAYA KHALID H Community Member

I changed my profile name exactly as my bank account name, but still give that the name didn't match, what should I do?

Mariya T Community Member

Changing the name of the profile along with the name of the bank may match.

(Mariya Tabassum)

Esther C Community Member

Please how do I edit my verified name on Upwork?

The bank details I provided have my first name, middle name and last name but my Upwork profile only has my first name and middle name .

Please how do I change this because Upwork can't verify my bank account because of it .

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Esther,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. You should be able to start using your payment method. 

~ Luiggi
Ahmed M Community Member

Hi, community.

I am happy to ask you, kindness.
I tried to add my Local Bank but there will be the trouble of "The beneficiary name is mismatched" ?, what should I do?

- My upwork profile name is "Ahmed Mokhtar".
- My name on visa is "Ahmed Mokhtar".
- My name on ID card is "Ahmed Mokhtar".
- My paypal profile name is "Ahmed Mokhtar".

Looking forward to hearing your advices.
All the best.
Ahmed 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. Your payment method will now undergo security verification and become active in three days.

~ Luiggi
Colin B Community Member

I've added two bank accounts for 'get paid', and the names on the accounts match my Upwork account name (it seems to me).  I'm getting flagged with the 'Beneficiary Name Mismatch' error.

Is Upwork Support usually who can help me resolve this error?

Thanks,

Colin

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths