🐈
» Forums » Support » Withdrawal Method Continuously Declined
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,653 REPLIES 1,653
c3fa9654
Community Member

This issue has taken a month to automatically be resolved so we eneded our contract and decided to do future payments another way, though I'm still awaiting a payment that was already completed. The beneficiary name mismatch concerns my checking account for recieving payments. I need this issue to be resolved.

Hi Aidan,

I've contacted the team handling the review and asked them to take a closer look at your case. I'm pleased to inform you that one of the team members confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
dreams411
Community Member

Hi there,

I just added a payment method but I'm getting this error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I believe this is because I shortened my first name on Upwork. Please kindly help me to review this.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Ifeanyi Okorie

Hello, please I really need help with this.

Hi Ifeanyi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've escalated your concern to the relevant team and your beneficiary name mismatch has been cleared. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d8fdb7af
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I need help and the chatbot could not assist me. I set up payment via debit card to my bank account, but on the page "Get Paid" I see the message: "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." This is incorrect, as the name on my Upwork account is exactly the same as my bank account and debit card." However, there is a typo in my name that I see only on my certificate of earnings. I need to speak to someone to resolve this, or it seems I will never receive payment. The chatbot was of no help at all. Thank you! -EM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
26f8dc3b
Community Member

My name in Upwork and PayPal is the same "Kerolos Adel", but Upwork is still saying that "The beneficiary name is mismatched."Screenshot 2024-02-29 163103.png

Hi Kerolos,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We notified the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see a mismatch with your beneficiary name. Your payment method will now undergo security verification and should become active within three days. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
26f8dc3b
Community Member

Thank you, the message disappered but I still can't withdraw my money through PayPal and I faced this message "see attached screenshot"

I'm sorry you're having trouble withdrawing through PayPal, Kerolos. In that case, I'd recommend that you contact PayPal support to consult them about the specific decline error and ensure everything is okay with your account. If you've done that and the problem persists, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
26f8dc3b
Community Member

PayPal didn't recieve anything. and the problem still exist.

Thanks for letting us know, Kerolos. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1e524727
Community Member

Please help,

I use the exact same name in profile as my bank account, and still tell me that my name is dismatch, please help me with my issue 

Hi Raya Khalid,

I checked with our verification team, who confirmed that the name mismatch has been resolved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jamesryangabriel
Community Member

I need help with my withdrawal method. It says beneficiary name is mismatched, even if it's not. I have double checked already my name if its the same. Can you please  help me with this

Hi James,

I checked, and it appears that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your withdrawal method will now undergo security verification and should become active in three days. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c3a514b4
Community Member

Hi.

Dear Upwork Team,

I am Adnan Sarwar. I am new to upwork. I am facing an issue that when I try to submit my Identity Document there is a name showing Ahmad Hassan but my name is Adnan Sarwar. I don't know why this happening.I already send the identity document of mine but they rejected it. I am very thankful if you resolve my this issue. I would be very grateful of you. Kindly check this and fix it as soon as possible. I attached the Screenshots of my problems below. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you

Warm Regards,

Adnan Sarwar

Hi Adnan,

The name you're seeing in the verification page is for the account holder of the payment method you've added. Your payment method must match your name on Upwork; you should be listed as the account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account. If this isn't the case, then you should remove the payment method and add one that's under your name. Feel free to check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
caroline_k1
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I tried adding a new payment method, it says that it doesn't match my name, so I cannot do it. I guess it means the ID verification, as I probably completed it before I got married (now my last name changed). I went into "ID verification", it says "verified", so I am stuck - I cannot do it again.. I tried contancting support but it just connects me to the AI support, no real agent.. What can I do?

Hi Karolina,

One of our agents has reached out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
df02e915
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having an issue depositing my funds from UpWork into my bank account due to a special character on my government-issued driver's license which is a comma between my first and middle name.

No, this is NOT an error on my driver's license. This is just the standard formatting on all DL licenses issued by the government here where I live, where they place a comma between first and middle names.

The problem now is that UpWork's system thinks the comma is literally a part of my actual name, and since the comma doesn't exist in my name on my bank account I'm assuming this is where the "mismatch" error keeps coming from.

Can someone please assist me with this issue?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ameer,

I checked with the team and can confirm that your name mismatch has been cleared! 

~Andrea
Upwork
df02e915
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thank you!

8da6029a
Community Member

Hi there! 

Upwork says the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. My name is Sangeeth Nipun Sugeeshwara. Upwork account name is Sangeeth Nipun. my local bank account name is in the bank book in

R A S N Susgishwara. ( R A is surname) When I added the bank account to Upwork I filled first name Sangeeth Nipun and my last name Sugeeshwara. but still says it is mismatching.  How can I resolve this? I didn't have issues when withdrawing money from Payoneer to the same bank.

Thanks,

Sangeeth 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Sangeeth,

I have requested the assistance of our team, and I'd like to confirm that your name mismatch has been approved. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8da6029a
Community Member

Thank you so much Joanne

1b7bce42
Community Member

I am trying to add my paypal to upwork, i.e. link it, but it says that the name does not match.... that is totally false, as my upwork name with my paypal account name matches, I can prove it perfectly... and there is no option to contact support.

how can i prove that i have both names on both sites? it doesn't make sense, there is no orientation.

c32ce084
Community Member

Hello,

I tried to add withdrawal methods (Direct to Local Bank (EUR)), but I have the issue of "The beneficiary name is mismatched." showing up, even though this is my name everywhere (accounts, invoices, business registration, so on...). How can we fix this issue? 

Thank you.

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
08b0a223
Community Member

My name in my ID, Bank Account, and Upwork is Idea Këpuska, but when adding a payment method Upwork is not letting me use the character "ë" in my last name... and so it says that the name is mismatched... but the think is that Upwork is not letting me use the letter and that is required in order to write my name.

Please help me resolve this issue

Hi Idea,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
06aa3a1a
Community Member

Struggling with setting up profile and ank account, i am incorporated and need to use my company name and bank account but this site has no way to talk to a real person or atleast raise a support ticket. I cant fix this and seems i wasted 2 days of effort trying to just do basic setup. 

Any help from upwork support is appreciated.

Hi Dhirendra Singh,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties contacting our support team and have your profile concerns addressed. I can confirm that a support ticket was raised, and one of the team members has sent you an email with more information about the status of your financial account. They've also included instructions on how to resolve the issue.

We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team by responding to that email so that they can assist you more efficiently. You may also visit the support ticket linked to your case on this page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0e82702a
Community Member

Hello @Joanne,

my paypal account and my bank account are same as upwork account which is Ardha Tan(First Name) Sutan Wardhana(Last Name) but it`s payment method issued beneficiary name is mismatch

{ATS}

Hi Ardha,

I checked your account and can confirm that your payment method is already accepted. Please update the Tax Information page to activate your payment method.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ahmedtaha1997
Community Member

Hello,

My withdrawal to ACH account has been rejected because my Upwork name is my full name but the name in my bank account is like my passport with one letter for my third name only i changed my name in Upwork now and it matches the name in my bank account you will accept the withdrawal now? did you change the name in my upwork account or not yet kindly assist

Hi Ahmed,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1fb612b1
Community Member

I have tried multiple withdrawal methods and I keep getting a notice that my name on the method does not match my Upwork account. The names are exactly the same. I have tried resubmitting the names on both Upwork and my bank account with no luck. I have tried multiple bank accounts and a Paypal. Still declines the method. My names are identical on all methods.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Megan Goddard

Hepl

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths