🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,653 REPLIES 1,653

They ID you too you know so AI generated images will fail.

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. You should be able to start using your payment method. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a2c00568
Community Member

Over 2 weeks ago I added my bank account for getting paid and it is a business name while my profile is under my name.  No one has reached out to me from UpWork to verify the information and the "Chat with Upwork" option to be honest is a complete joke as it just spins you around in circles.  The support number I found online is completely automated so I'm not sure what to do next.   

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neal,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
3590b741
Community Member

Hello Upwork community

I recently created an agency, and when I added the bank account, I encountered the same issue I had with my freelancer profile: a beneficiary name mismatch. However, I submitted a request from my personal account to customer support a year ago, and it was resolved then.

My name on Upwork is Farukh Faurkh. However, my bank account lists my name as Farukh. I believe this discrepancy is causing the mismatch.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Best regards,

Farukh

e5d655f9
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I just added a new payment method and got flagged for a name mismatch. But my name matches my bank details. Can anyone help, please?

It's resolved now, thank you, Upwork team!

cb61b039
Community Member

Hi, I'm new on Upwork I try to set up my payment method and verification ID and I get notification about the name on my Upwork account not match with my payment method, I have try to make the profile and the payment method with same name (the app said need 48 hours to review) is the right to fix my problem? Or we can still use different name for profile and payment method? (I try use my studio name for profile) Thank you

08b84f58
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to urgently address a critical issue I am encountering with my Upwork account. I am experiencing a discrepancy between my Upwork profile name and my bank name, which is preventing me from making a withdrawal to my local bank account.

It's important to note that the name on my Upwork profile accurately reflects my legal name, which matches the name associated with my bank account. However, despite this alignment, I am unable to proceed with the withdrawal due to the system indicating a mismatch.

This issue is causing significant inconvenience and hindering my ability to access my funds in a timely manner. As such, I kindly request your immediate assistance in resolving this matter on your end. Please verify the information provided on my Upwork account and ensure that it corresponds accurately with my bank details to facilitate a smooth withdrawal process.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and trust that you will prioritize resolving it expediently. Should you require any further information or clarification from my end, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your assistance and understanding.

Sincerely,

Ajibade Emmanuel 

Hi Emmanuel,

We've escalated your concern to the team, and one of our agents reached out to you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
04a8090e
Community Member

Dear Team.

Greeting of the day.

My Name is Syed Moinuddin . and my account detail Same name but when i want  make payment mehtod showing Erorr message. kindly help me .

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please find my account detail with my name. 

04a8090e_0-1711029864313.png

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out. I've escalated your post to the relevant team, and you should've received an email with more information on how to verify the beneficiary name so you can start using your payment method. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
leamag
Community Member

Hello!

It says there is a name mismatch for a bank account I added to my profile several days ago. 

My bank account includes my first, middle and last name. My upwork profile only includes my first and last name.

I would prefer to not add my middle name to my upwork account at the moment. Will I still be able to get this payment method verified and how do I go about that? 

Thanks!

Hi Lea,

As confirmed by our verification team, your name mismatch has already been approved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
leamag
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your reply! I can see that the first bank account I added and the name mismatch there has been approved. 

However, I added a second account to which the name mismatch has yet to be approved after several days, and is the one I am inquiring about. Is there a way to check on that one as well?

Thank you!

Lea

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lea,

I followed up with the team and the other payment method you were referring to should be approved now as well. 

~Andrea
Upwork
1ee77d29
Community Member

I don't know how to post on her. I can not get paid. Every time I add my Bank account or PayPal I get an erro that tel me the name does not match, The name is exactly the same. This is literally horrible. They deal with money movement yet there is literally not 1 human support agent to speak with. Their AUTOMATED BOTS are useless. If My method to not get paid is not accepted because the stupid BOTS don't know how to read I will have no choice but to file a complaint with the Local DA. I should be allowed to collect the money that was sent to be paid to me for completing a project.

Hi Stacey,

I’m sorry to learn you weren’t able to contact the Upwork Support Team directly, or file a ticket after interacting with the chatbot.

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:
  1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

I would also like to confirm that I have requested the assistance of our verification team. They have confirmed that the name mismatch in your account has been approved. You may log into your account to check.  
~ Joanne
Upwork
9c73c123
Community Member

I'm getting this error whenever I try to add my PayPal or my bank account as a payment method. I've checked many times and my name is 100% correct on both upwork and payment methods. It's the same and accurate as in my NIC

Hi Nimuthu,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. One of your payment methods will now undergo security verification and become active by 03/25/2024.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
64d1b05e
Community Member

Hello!

I have been trying to add my withdrawal method for a direct deposit and it keeps mentioning that the beneficiary name is mismatch, even though it is clearly the same on all accounts.

The payment method also has been undergoing the verification process for about a week now, so I wanted to bring this up now and see what I am missing.

Thank You, 

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

I'd like to update you that the verification team has confirmed that the name mismatch in your account has been cleared. You may log into your account to check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
596a42d1
Community Member

Dear supporte team

I see that my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary's name and the payment method do not match, but I do not understand what you mean since the name of the beneficiary of the bank account and my identification document is the same. Could you please specify what you are referring to? Thank you and best regards.

I've also faced the same issues since I started using Upwork I have been able to withdraw my earnings.  

Could you know me solution?

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties activating your payment method. I can confirm that the review team has sent an email with more information and instructions for resolving the issue. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to that email if you have questions or need further assistance; they'll gladly help. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
596a42d1
Community Member

Thanks I received verify message

52415f92
Community Member

Hi, I opened agency account. I added name of company to credentials for withdrawal with my bank account. but there is error about name mismatched.
I read here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038162013-Verified-name
I connected with support 14 days ago about this problem. They requested documents about company and stand name on manual checking. I've pinged by first five days without answer. But for now 9 days passed without activity.
How i can verify my company's name for withdrawal?
Ticket number: 

Thanks
Kind Regards, Viacheslav

Hi Viacheslav,

I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. They'll look into the documents you submitted and assist you accordingly in resolving the name mismatch issue. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on the same support ticket momentarily. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jimjimjimjimjim
Community Member

I'm trying to change my Profile display name but I can't see an option to do so without the account name changing. I'm only seeing "Settings > User Settings > Contact Info > Account > Name". Changing this wrecks the rest of my account, all of my payment methods then fall into the "unverified" state.

Does anybody know how I can keep my legal billing name and set a specific profile name that clients can see?

Hi Siwei,

I see you've been coordinating with our support team via a support ticket about your concerns about your payment method. They recently provided an update with instructions for resolving the issue and are now awaiting your response. You may visit your ticket and continue communicating with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

No this doesn't solve the problem at all. They want ID to match the account name, which apparently is different from the Profile Name. I want to retain my legal name for the purposes of billing and all that but show my commonly referred to name on my profile. Asking me to send in verification documents for my profile display name doesn't solve anything!

Additioally, the support ticket was for another issue entirely, not for this naming issue.

michelle-magdy
Community Member

I have a problem in payment method for PayPal account or bank account

trying to link it to my payment method on Upwork but they refused because they say that there is a mismatched name.

I am sure that names are the same in both accounts.

and I waited for 2 days an no one take any action to solve the problem.

please take me in consideration.

thanks

Hi Michelle, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5f3eb952
Community Member

Hi UpWork,

The name on my payment method is exactly the same as on your Upwork account.
Could you please solve this problem "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account",  please ? 
Thanks
brianjosephmusic
Community Member

I need somebody to verify my bank account. There's no support, there's no way to open tickets. It's shameful that the only way is to publicly post your issues. A lot of money is spent here to do anything at all and they can't have a decent support system, all you have is a chatbot that keeps playing games with you and takes you nowhere. I need somebody to reach out to me and help me verify my bank account with the mismatching name because it's a company.

Don't you dare send me any articles, I've read them all and they're no help. SEND SOMEBODY.

Hi Brian,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while adding a payment method and reaching our support for assistance. I understand the frustration especially when it is related to your payment method or receiving your earnings.

I would like to clarify that your payment method must match the registered name on your Upwork account. If you are trying to add a payment method under your company name, we would need additional information from you before we approve your payment method. One of our team members will reach out to you via email as soon as possible to request additional information and clear your payment method. Please check your junk/spam mailbox on the registered email address if you do not receive the email from our team members in your inbox. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
0e82702a
Community Member

Hi Everyone Community ,

Section Billing and Payment  with option Paypal reject  and notification report invoice delay partial services distruption. i could use some guide and pathway assistance resolve this ?

AL-Masih Regard on behalf ,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

{ATS}

Hi Ardha,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths